Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blossoming Boulevards Event [General Discussion]

I have several problems with the Blossoming Boulevards event: First there are not enough buildings to jump to - it should go on for much longer, secondly - there is not enough balloons to be able to make a better impact on the competition why is there only 8 to 10 balloons available, thirdly- when getting the double reward in the event sometimes it does not show up until the last couple of buildings which is a waste as I finish the buildings even before the double reward is finished.

What could be done to make this event better: add more buildings, increase the number of balloons and offer the double reward earlier in the jump instead of near the very end of the buildings.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac/Dac View Post
    there is not enough balloons to be able to make a better impact on the competition why is there only 8 to 10 balloons available
    You realize that if there were more balloons, say 15-20 that your competitors would get them too. It would have a proportional effect on the scores which would be, of course, larger. The gaps between players would grow accordingly.

Extra buildings would certainly give you more of the daisy / flowers which count toward your personal goals. But if flowers were easier to get I'm betting they would also change the number you need to attain the goals. And that 135 point regatta tasks needs 880 flowers and that's already hard to do. My bet is that it would also require more daisies. Ditto for the 135 event balloon task which needs 105 balloons, it would probably get harder too.

I do agree on the "double daisy" bonus with an addition. Sometimes I run into a 2nd doubler while the first one hasn't expired. Rather than just reset the doubler's times I'd like to see it reward 4x for whatever time remains on the 1st doubler while counting down both timers.

I disagree about the number of buildings. I think the number is just about right. For me, that means I'm starting to think there are too many about 3 buildings from the end.

I really enjoy this particular event. I think 7-10 balloons per run is also about right. I didn't like that they seemed to drop to only 4 or 5 once we took the balloon task, though.

The only change I would make to this event would be for the rocket making machines to request a much greater variety of items rather than hitting the same items over and over. I don't want to know how much cotton cloth I've made in the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I disagree about the number of buildings. I think the number is just about right. For me, that means I'm starting to think there are too many about 3 buildings from the end.

I really enjoy this particular event. I think 7-10 balloons per run is also about right. I didn't like that they seemed to drop to only 4 or 5 once we took the balloon task, though.

The only change I would make to this event would be for the rocket making machines to request a much greater variety of items rather than hitting the same items over and over. I don't want to know how much cotton cloth I've made in the past few days.
    Totally agree with you.
    The Rocket making machines could be faster as well, 30 mins seems to be forever

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    ...I do agree on the "double daisy" bonus with an addition. Sometimes I run into a 2nd doubler while the first one hasn't expired. Rather than just reset the doubler's times I'd like to see it reward 4x for whatever time remains on the 1st doubler while counting down both timers.
    Absolutely agree with this.
    Also, when I fall and pay 3 tc to get back, the doubler (that I just earned in that "step") shouldn't vanish.

.. I think 7-10 balloons per run is also about right. I didn't like that they seemed to drop to only 4 or 5 once we took the balloon task, though.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with this impression. When doing the balloon task, I got 3 balloons in several rounds, and 9 was the best (otherwise 11).
    After I was done with regatta and just played to stay in rank 4 - 7 (2 crate-fill coupons there ), it went "back" to ~ 8 - 10 and thereabout.
    I still can't believe they took the time to program it this way, but it seems they have.

They'd better check their trains program NOT to deliver so many silly shovels, when I have no expansions left, but want BARN TOOLS, pls!

...The only change I would make to this event would be for the rocket making machines to request a much greater variety of items rather than hitting the same items over and over. I don't want to know how much cotton cloth I've made in the past few days.
    THAT! It is true for all mini games/events, I'd say. This was awful again. I see that they must make it playable for lower levels, but using only our "basic stuff" and then naturally everywhere (also in planes and trains), is SO annoying.
    There are several factories I didn't have to touch in weeks, it seems.

That's not my only wish, though; I'd have another one: make the event shorter. I found the personal goals were reachable very fast and easy this time, and the last 2 or three days, there was almost no movement in the first ~ 9 ranks. I then made it a task to stay always close to nr 3 or nr 4, like 5 pts away, but that gave me about 5 rounds to do at best.
    And nr 1 was sitting there with their 2k+ pts since days also.

Still, I like this one better than some other mini games, probably cos I'm better at it than f.e. at flying, lol. I play it left-handed, though (am right-handed), so that's another little task/experience.