Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can people really "accidentally" take reserved tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by Arya's Ghost View Post
    Thank you cdosr. Maybe it's different for different platforms, then. We also have a member who doesn't get the helicopter ad person.
    You are welcome. The skeptic in me says

1) I doubt that it's different on different platforms, not for something relatively new (reservations) and introduced together. There are other threads discussing reservations and the popups.

2) If I was taking other's reservations and were pressed to explain, I'd certainly claim it was either a mistake or that I didn't get any popup. Could be an honest mistake as I showed that it's easy to make one or it could be a CYA explanation.

3) Not everybody has the helicopter ad guy. Not everybody who has the ad guy keeps him forever. Not everybody who lost the ad guy gets him back. Sometimes he does come back. It's a mystery. There are tons of threads about the helicopter ad guy, they make interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya's Ghost View Post
    Thank you cdosr. Maybe it's different for different platforms, then. We also have a member who doesn't get the helicopter ad person.
    Tel your team to test the system and to look carefully at the message showing up when they click on a reserved task. Tell them to take their time and read the text. Doing that when they are not in a rush will familiarize them. They just have to click beside the message window and not take the task.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I would like to add another situation, we lately experienced in my coop. Sometimes there seem to be syncronisation delays. I took a task and I'm 99% sure there wasn't an exclamation mark and there was only the normal pop up. But another member said, she had reserved it 10 Minutes before. So we made a test: She reserved another task and I watched the board, to see when the reservation get's visible for me. It always took about several minutes that day. The next day everything went normal again, no delays any longer. Has anyone else experienced that before?

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    I would like to add another situation, we lately experienced in my coop. Sometimes there seem to be syncronisation delays. I took a task and I'm 99% sure there wasn't an exclamation mark and there was only the normal pop up. But another member said, she had reserved it 10 Minutes before. So we made a test: She reserved another task and I watched the board, to see when the reservation get's visible for me. It always took about several minutes that day. The next day everything went normal again, no delays any longer. Has anyone else experienced that before?
    Similar yes, as my internet quite slow I often get beaten to a popular task or to requests for help. Also there were far more 'could not connect to server' pop-ups than normal recently, which almost led me to starting a task before the progress icon showed.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Similar yes, as my internet quite slow I often get beaten to a popular task or to requests for help. Also there were far more 'could not connect to server' pop-ups than normal recently, which almost led me to starting a task before the progress icon showed.
    Mostly I have such problems only with my small city on kindle, which was also the one with the reservation delay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SumSum View Post
    Have been in this situation and it created quite the ruckus in the co-op I was in at the time. I was on at the same time as a couple of other players and two of us reserved tasks. When I came back to start the task it was gone.
    I asked if anyone had seen it or knew what happened and was met with anger by another player stating they had reserved the task hours earlier, so they took it back.

On both sides of the story...they did reserve it as another player was on at the same time and confirmed their reservation. Flip side same scenario for me.

Honestly...because the same tasks come up a lot...I didn't think of someone taking the reservation, rather it was a system glitch. My goal was to make sure I could file a ticket stating the steps taken and what transpired.

It was a mess for sure. Why I am glad for the messages that pop up now when a reserved task is taken...but seems that errors can still take place.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Any pop-up message has the avatar of the person who reserved it in the middle, so one would have to be half asleep not to notice, unless there is a fortunately rare synch glitch at the time.
    If someone replaces your reserve with their own, a message is sent to your co-op inbox telling you so. This message disappears on reloading game, unlike dumped interseasonal chest message which seems to stay for ever. If someone takes the reserved task and starts it straight away without reserving it, or even worse but more easily done in error, dumps your reserved task, no message is sent to inbox.

It would be helpful if all three actions were treated the same to help avoid drama and ill-feeling. Am sure those playing silly beggars would think twice if the person whose reserve was pinched or dumped could easily provide proof, without having to watch the task board screengrabber at the ready for the length of the race.
    Not allowing reserves at all saves earrache, but needs good communication in chat when factory and ship tasks appear so as to avoid dumping a task that a colleague could insta within as reasonable timescale.
    Straying slightly off topic, allowing Leaders to set a 3,6,9or12h time limit on reserve would solve many of the frustrations
    Last edited by JayS; 07-03-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Our co-op has definitely had synching errors before that caused problems. In addition at least half the players have accidentally taken a reserve before...usually just once, and almost always an immediate "OMG I think I just took someone's task" follows. It's happened to me personally before, I just reflexively hit the green button only to realize as the message disappears that someone's pic was there. I was mortified, but my apology was accepted & everyone moved on.

It does happen, but there are also people that don't play fair. Keep an eye on it! Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Any pop-up message has the avatar of the person who reserved it in the middle, ...
    If someone replaces your reserve with their own, a message is sent to your co-op inbox telling you so. ...
    If someone takes the reserved task and starts it straight away without reserving it, or even worse but more easily done in error, dumps your reserved task, no message is sent to inbox.

It would be helpful if all three actions were treated the same to help avoid drama and ill-feeling. ...

...allowing Leaders to set a 3,6,9or12h time limit on reserve would solve many of the frustrations
    Yes pls, Playrix, let the game give us the info it has anyway for all these cases the same.
    And let us set the reservation time duration in the Coop. If it helps you with having not too many individual times, then yes, something like the suggested steps.

Hi there. I did this once. I was going to fast, pushed the task twice quickly. Felt really bad. It happens. I am much more careful now