Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can people really "accidentally" take reserved tasks?

Can people really "accidentally" take reserved tasks?

Isn't there a pop-up that says "this task is reserved"? Is that pop-up not there on some devices? I really want to believe the members who say "omg i think I just took a reserved task on accident", but ....

I don`t think that it can be taken accidently, but is possible to take it at the same time. It happened to me, I press reservation, but the member took task.
    In our co-op we test this. I take reservation and other player reserved it . I got message, which player reserved task from me. Also we test to take reserved taks, or dropping reservation. In each case the member which task was taken got a message with players name.
    Always is possible some bug, so far we have only one case when member complain that already reserved task was taken and no message was received.
    We are together over 2hrs and we take any complain very seriously, and reservations are highly respected.
    Town name: Lidija
    Town level: 120
    Zoo level: waiting for last two animals
    Co-op name: Cokroo
    Platform: android
    Fishdom: level 1010
    Playing since 2016

Thank you for answering. I did not want to test it because I don't want to actually accidentally take someone's task. I just wanted to make sure a clear pop-up came up if someone did take a reserved task.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya's Ghost View Post
    Thank you for answering. I did not want to test it because I don't want to actually accidentally take someone's task. I just wanted to make sure a clear pop-up came up if someone did take a reserved task.
    Could be someone in a hurry, clicking OK without reading the message, realizing 1 second too late it was not the regular confirmation message.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

We chat a lot and I ask if we can do test. It was quite fun .
    I suppose you can try in you co-op as well. Test on task you don`t want to take or on task you want to take and ask someone to reserve it before.
    Such test is also good for the spirit in co-op if someone doesn`t respect the rules .
    We allow reservation for crops, factories and ships but not for other task. If non allowed task is reserved (new members sometime overlook this rule) the task can be taken by anyone or the leader cancel reservation.
    Town name: Lidija
    Town level: 120
    Zoo level: waiting for last two animals
    Co-op name: Cokroo
    Platform: android
    Fishdom: level 1010
    Playing since 2016

My co-op is saying they do not get a pop-up. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya's Ghost View Post
    My co-op is saying they do not get a pop-up. Hmmm.
    All Coop members? that's really strange and probably unique. They should report it to Playrix - or maybe read the message again they get when taking a task. Sometimes it might say something else than "Are you sure you want to take that task?"

Here's a few screenshots to illustrate how "Reserved Tasks" are shown to people who try to do stuff to them.

Here is a "normal" attempt to "dump" (remove) a task from the board:

20190702_140353 1.jpg

Here is an attempt to "dump" a task that is reserved by someone else:

20190702_140655 1.jpg

Here is a "normal" attempt to start a task:

20190702_164149.jpg

Here is an attempt to start a task that is reserved by someone else:

20190702_164105.jpg

Note that in the first 2 screenshots, although the messages are different, both have a red "dump" button. If you are used to dumping tasks and you've trained your fingers to hit the big Red Dump button then you can easily dump a reserved task if you are not extra careful.

Note that in the 3rd and 4th screenshots, although the messages are different, both have a green "start" button. Again, if you are used to hitting the big Green Start button when you've decided to take a task, you can easily take someone's reserved task if you are not careful.

Both of these examples show, in my opinion, a problem with these popups. The fact that the "normal" and "warning" boxes have the same color button in the same / expected location leading to easy mistakes. Personally I think that the buttons on the popups for acting on reserved tasks should use a different color, possibly yellow to indicate a warning, and be in a different place, possibly at the top of the popup instead of the bottom center. If one or both of those ideas are implemented it might cause someone to stop and take a closer look before hitting the button.
    Last edited by cdosr; 07-03-2019 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Clarity of one point

I've had issues with people regularly taking tasks I reserved in a previous co-op, so I think I'm pretty careful about this, but a few weeks ago I logged in one morning with a bit of a hangover, only a few minutes before work to complete my previous task and start a new one and I took a reserved task by mistake, I was in too much of a hurry, but it definitely was a mistake, I would never do it on purpose, luckily my co-op was really nice about it, accepting mistakes happen.

But as cdosr shows, it really is possible to make a mistake if you aren't paying attention. Obviously if someone does it regularly and doesn't learn you may have an issue...but anyone can make the odd mistake.

Thank you cdosr. Maybe it's different for different platforms, then. We also have a member who doesn't get the helicopter ad person.