Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Playing board games with your coop members or Township friends

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    Thanks so much, Jay. Now that the pic is up I will get my 'chess pieces' on it.
    Carole
    Hey Carole, I just visited your town and I was impressed with the looks of it. Well done!
    And a surprise it was to see the multiple usability of the game board.
    I am used with a 10x10 board but of course the Chess and Checkers boards have the same dimensions.
    So when you mentioned you had several Chess boards too my first question was how did she do that?
    Only one chess or checkers board takes a lot of space. What if you had two or more!
    But the view on your Zoo cleared that question *g*
    Do you have any experience with playing that game already?
    Last edited by Bessville; 07-04-2019 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Typo
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 107/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Then for clearance in reading I will change Draughts into the Dutch word we use 'Dammen'. Curious to know how other countries call the 10x10 edition!
    Thank for your reply Downton
    Hmmm ... in Germany we call it Dame, but we‘re also playing on a chess board with - of course - an 8x8 grid. I never saw a 10x10 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Hmmm ... in Germany we call it Dame, but we‘re also playing on a chess board with - of course - an 8x8 grid. I never saw a 10x10 edition
    Oh those Dutchies! Are we really the only ones with 10x10?
    The idea of creating the Game board myself too is growing with the knowledge that 8x8 is more common for both boats games.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 107/Android

Oh those Dutchies! Are we really the only ones with 10x10?
    lol, almost, although it goes up to 14 x 14.
    And Wikipedia mentions it being Profi-sport (only) in Russia and the Netherlands.
    (link to German Wiki, if you have time to read or to compare to your version)
    Canada and Turkey are mentioned with having their own variants, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I was thinking of battleships as a grid based game, but that would rely on the participants not visiting each other.
    Also connect four, or the similar noughts and crosses on a smaller 3*3 grid
    I had the same thoughts about that Sea Battle we call 'Zeeslag'.
    One of the conditions is that the Opponent's board is invisible for you so it is a no go with our visitable towns.

'Noughts and crosses', 'Boter, Kaas en Eieren' or 'Tic Tac Too' was indeed my third idea for an ingame board game.
    If you Don have that much room in your Town/Zoo and you like an uncomplicated pastime, create a 3x3 square and invite a friend.
    You can Rabbits and Teddybears from Valentine's day or Friends day gifts or any decorations you like your sel and have plenty of.

BTW: you got a lot of empty space in your Zoo. Any plans for a game board?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, almost, although it goes up to 14 x 14.
    And Wikipedia mentions it being Profi-sport (only) in Russia and the Netherlands.
    (link to German Wiki, if you have time to read or to compare to your version)
    Canada and Turkey are mentioned with having their own variants, too.
    Yes, it is although not well-known as Chess being a Profi-sport.
    At school we once had a School's competition on Dame and I became the Champ of my Age group.
    Reason was not that impressive: from other schools there were no participants of my age.
    So that was an easy one

I had the same thoughts about that Sea Battle we call 'Zeeslag'.
    One of the conditions is that the Opponent's board is invisible for you so it is a no go with our visitable towns.

'Noughts and crosses', 'Boter, Kaas en Eieren' or 'Tic Tac Too' was indeed my third idea for an ingame board game.
    If you Don have that much room in your Town/Zoo and you like an uncomplicated pastime, create a 3x3 square and invite a friend.
    You can Rabbits and Teddybears from Valentine's day or Friends day gifts or any decorations you like your sel and have plenty of.

BTW: you got a lot of empty space in your Zoo. Any plans for a game board?
    The empty space in zoo will be "cured" after I have all community buildings and start building enclosures-there are 92 homeless animals in my book, which for some reason reminds me of Jumanji-another board game
    Current plan is for a world map with animals and decor in appropriate places, but until the enclosures are built I don't know if the idea is workable

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Current plan is for a world map with animals and decor in appropriate places, but until the enclosures are built I don't know if the idea is workable
    ooh, that sounds like a plan worth steali...

erm, thinking about!

Since I don't have enough for the chess board...yet...I created a simple checkers board. And I "borrowed" the flowers.

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 7.31.42 PM - Edited.jpg
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Since I don't have enough for the chess board...yet...I created a simple checkers board. And I "borrowed" the flowers.

Screenshot 2019-07-04 at 7.31.42 PM - Edited.jpg
    Again a nice design Twilight!
    You call it simple but with the Kings on the corner it is a very effective board!

And you created the space to keep the Game board to Checkers and Chess in your Town.
    That already is half of the result{or maybe more).

Keep up the good work!