Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing board games with your coop members or Township friends

Playing board games with your coop members or Township friends

Playing a board game like Chess or Checkers with one of your coop members or a Township friend, wouldn't take be great?
    Creating a Game board in your town and using the hoppers community network and create a worldwide Chess community, do I hear you scream "Wow" !?!
    Just to make this merged thread a little bit easier to write it is good to know the first part is from the Soil Thread where this subject was discussed. The real Boardgame thread starts here with the Chess board.

From this point the discussion on creating game boards.
    Have fun and don't hasitate to share your thoughts and experiences with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I quite recently mixed using the sand option with some of the light orangey brick work under my sweets/animals decs. I think it works well and suits the area

I am now thinking of using the soil with the light grey brick work, I think it will have a good impact. I am just waiting for the right area to do it in .
    Maybe I am the only one who has this, but it looks like my eyes are deceiving me. The Sand also seems to have a honeycomb pattern!

Chess.jpg
    Downton, you mean this combination? Here too the pattern seems to be spreading over the Soil.
    Do you remember the Pictures Map of _DD_'s Zoo? And that I thought it was a chessboard or checkerboard?
    Great surface for that!

Nice to see you enthusiastic about this experiment!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 11-16-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Explanation(by me) after finding out threads were merged
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Chess.jpg
    Downton, you mean this combination? Here too the pattern seems to be spreading over the Soil.
    Do you remember the Pictures Map of _DD_'s Zoo? And that I thought it was a chessboard or checkerboard?
    Great surface for that!
    That's exactly what I mean Ruud . And yes now you mention it I do remember DD's zoo and you thinking of a chessboard/checkerboard .

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    The only other time I have really thought about the ground type is in front of my greenhouse where I have continued on the sand and the grass to extend the area of it. (And I stole that idea from a friend's town... )

Attachment 43580

Downton I love the chessboard pattern, would never have thought of that, but it looks really nice.
    Wow the sand and the grass is a perfect colour match to the greenhouse entrance, I wish all decs and buildings blended so well. Looks great . Thanks Ash, I saw the chessboard effect in a friends town also, and decided to experiment with different types of ground .

Chess.jpg
    Ok...this makes me want to buy the statues & set the board!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Ok...this makes me want to buy the statues & set the board!
    I have a chessboard in my mini town. Though it'll probably be sold off next time there's a coin task in the regatta

Screenshot_2019-06-28-00-40-09.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I have a chessboard in my mini town. Though it'll probably be sold off next time there's a coin task in the regatta

This, I want this in my town...this is awesome...just trying to figure out now first how I would afford it and second where I would place it...but I will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    This, I want this in my town...trying to figure out now first how I would afford it and second where I would place it...but I will find a way.
    Thanks Ashdust I should confess that it certainly wasn't my idea - I stole it from a town I visited once, and theirs was much better than mine because they had "chess pieces" I don't have access to yet (and won't do for a long time). I don't know if I could have made it in my big town, but mini has stopped building everything till its barn is (much) bigger, so there is space, and to stop the plane from asking for stuff from the eight or so factories I could have built but didn't, I have to keep my coins below 15,000. Which means that every time I do a heli/mining/maybe HoL task in the regatta I have to spend a load of coins before the next plane goes out

I have a chessboard in my mini town. ...
    This is really cool
    just curious, which other "chess piece" statues do you mean?

Looking real cool JJay!

Just curious... :are there no Chess players in your coop that you can play this as a minigame with?
    I the chatb"Turtle to D4, Lion to F3...."
    Then I guess you think twice about selling it
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

I the chatb"Turtle to D4, Lion to F3...." ...
    lol! I vaguely get your sentence ;p but get your idea - LOL again! YOU have ideas!
    and then the discussion in Chat, which little statue is best for representing what...!

JJ, I'd love to see your list! is the tiger the .. bishop? (translation tool says that for our Läufer -?)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol! I vaguely get your sentence ;p but get your idea - LOL again! YOU have ideas!
    and then the discussion in Chat, which little statue is best for representing what...!

JJ, I'd love to see your list! is the tiger the .. bishop? (translation tool says that for our Läufer -?)
    If it is, it‘s in the wrong place , you don’t have both bishops one white boards, but one on white and one on black.

But, Ruud, A super idea, playing chess via chatboard - en heel goed idee!