Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we get fair regatta matches?

Can we get fair regatta matches?

We are experiencing a constant struggle with the players we are matched with. Our CO-OP has experienced players we do only tasks that are 135. We are just a smaller group now with only 7 players. The problem is we keep getting paired with team who use game cash to complete the entire regatta withing the first day or two. I don't have a problem with people playing and spending money but to constantly be paired with them is frustrating. The developers should be able to come up with a solution to pair these team against each other and those of us who just casual use cash have a chance.
    Last edited by Bessville; 06-29-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Hello, Dannielle.

Since your post is related with the regatta it should go into that section.

That being said under the co-op section you will find thousands of threads discussing your same concerns and unfortunately is a dead end as of now.

I have a two size co-op and just like you I very much struggle to maintain myself on the golden league because 6 hours into the start of the race the first place is done, and the places from 2nd thru 5 place are pretty much way ahead, unable to catch up to them without spending t-cash.

Last week we placed 11th place and we finish by Friday around lunch time, we barely made it!.

I stop looking at the regatta as a race is more for me a way of getting enough tokens and buy things from yatch club and also as a fun way to do other things besides the everyday routine such as sending trains, planes, airplanes orders, etc.

My teammate and I race to see who finishes all the 16 orders first between each others. Jajajaja. Without spending t-cash of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliraven View Post
    My teammate and I race to see who finishes all the 16 orders first between each others. Jajajaja. Without spending t-cash of course.
    And how do you get the 16th task? *g* j/k

In general, I have heard that it might help to get into different groupings by allowing demotion to silver, for a week or two. I.e. not playing so competitively, get higher numbers in your ranking!
    As we don't know what the system compares, it might be worth a try.

And - unless you want to climb the GLB - I personally see Gold league as desirable or must only when the Yacht Club has NEW items for gold league only. It's a different kind of organization and work, but you can get them also by joining a different Coop for a day (that's where the forum can help).
    So, why that "need" for staying in gold league permanently, I wonder.

Anyway, as for "fair matches": For one, your assumption, Dannielle, that all others use tcash is just that, an assumption. We have seen here again and again ppl describing how they prepare, so they can finish fast, even island and crop tasks. That is the main point anyway: many if not most do PLAY the regatta, not pay it. It's a matter of planning, strategy in knowing the game tasks, and also time, to be in the game (but also including the start time set by Playrix!).

And even if ppl pay, to refresh the board faster or to speed up their tasks - do you really think that Playrix would consider that unfair and change it? These are game features!
    They can't be interested in setting up a league of TC-users only, and leave the others alone apart from my assumption that it would be impossible to separate these groups. Too many use tcash occasionally.

in any case, wishing you that you find fun in the regatta and the game again
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-29-2019 at 05:26 AM.

There is also an issue in pairing up all the teams who are prepared to pay a little T cash and who prep well to win the race. If we put all the best performing teams in one race three of them will get demoted...is it fair for 3 of the hardest working teams who spend a bit of real money to get demoted while other teams who want an easier race and don't want to spend real money stay in Gold league as they were paired with similar level teams at the start of the race?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the regatta works perfectly as it is, just not sure putting all the best teams together in race groupings is the best way to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    A GAME!!!! Yes he league is great played in all. Ppl go nuts to get a virtual go trophy to the point to where they stress out about it get annoyed about all the teams. Chill out and have fun.
    Could you maybe / please stop giving us commands about having to have fun (in YOUR way) and instead explain your text in a way that it is understandable - to foreigners, too? And were you replying to Ashdust or Dannielle? Thanks.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-29-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    And how do you get the 16th task? *g* j/k
    Jejejeje, yep we spend 10 t-cash on that last task, but that's it. Thank you for the clarification

Unfortunately to secure a league it requires more than 90% of the time to get that extra task .

.........Ppl go nuts to get a virtual go trophy to the point to where they stress out about it get annoyed about all the teams. Chill out and have fun.
    That virtual gold sail trophy is important to a lot of players including me. Apart from anything else it is also one of our achievements at the Town Hall. Yes this is a game and part of the game to a lot of players is to reach certain goals. Getting frustrated and/or debating certain aspects of the game, especially the regatta which is super competitive is perfectly normal IMO.
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Eliraven View Post
    Jejejeje, yep we spend 10 t-cash on that last task, but that's it. Thank you for the clarification

Unfortunately to secure a league it requires more than 90% of the time to get that extra task .
    It was clear what you meant And yes, I'm not even sure it isn't at 100% meanwhile; I usually see between 7 to 9 perfects at race's end, sometimes more. I personally wouldn't mind getting into a different league, though, at least for a while, as mentioned above, as it is very time-consuming (and one has to be fast also, esp. in gold).

Ok well I never demanded no one first off. Yes I understand the gold trophy is an achievement, but to get stressed out about other teams getting alot of points off the bat and or spending t-bucks. Also understand people vent, but alot have about something. The game itself is not gonna make drastic changes because some people are upset because they play better or they pay real money. Not worth getting upset about since no one can change it.
    Since people seem to think I am demanding others to do stuff just not gonna reply to stuff, because being accused of something I am not doing is totally wrong.
    Posts along the lines of "chill out, it's just a game" always have the potential to cause a bit of irritation, Kimmie. After all, everybody is well aware of the fact, and yet we've all chosen to be here talking about it nonetheless (often in the hope that feedback will be heard by Playrix and changes will be made, because sometimes they are! ) Anyway, avoid that common forum pitfall and you won't risk coming off as dismissive of other users' views when you don't have strong feelings on a particular topic yourself.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Could you maybe / please stop giving us commands about having to have fun (in YOUR way) and instead explain your text in a way that it is understandable - to foreigners, too? And were you replying to Ashdust or Dannielle? Thanks.
    Ok never demanded no one to do nada.
    To accuse me of something I didn't do is wrong. It is a game have fun is all i am saying. Once it becomes a job and ppl get upset about minor stuff it is no longer fun. We were matched up against a good team we were 11 th place now we are second place. It happens to all of us. No game is gonna changed there whole program to make ppl happy because others spend money. But this is my last post on here.