Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question about updated forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, guys!

Thanks for bringing this up. Rule #12 addresses promoting unofficial groups and communities in general. The reason why we ask to refrain from it is that with all due respect to their creators and members we can't guarantee the accuracy, completeness and topicality of the info from the unofficial sources.

However, please feel free sharing info, guidelines, advice, etc., that seem helpful and relevant when it comes to discussing your game experience, the game's features, more tips or helping out new players.

I hope this clears the air.

Best,
    Anna
    Just to be clear...on No. 12: Is that a "No" on us being allowed to put either wiki links here in the forum?

I constantly refer to the wiki pages and just want to stay in compliance with forum rules.

Thank-you
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 07-01-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, guys!

Thanks for bringing this up. Rule #12 addresses promoting unofficial groups and communities in general. The reason why we ask to refrain from it is that with all due respect to their creators and members we can't guarantee the accuracy, completeness and topicality of the info from the unofficial sources.

However, please feel free sharing info, guidelines, advice, etc., that seem helpful and relevant when it comes to discussing your game experience, the game's features, more tips or helping out new players.

I hope this clears the air.

Best,
    Anna
    Thanks for replying Anna, but it doesnt totally clarify the question for me. Specifically is that a no for wiki? I will respect the updated rules to the best of my ability, I have to say though I find they may be a hindrance to me in the future regarding helping other members/players on the forum. It feels like so many things could accidentally infringe these rules, and rather than making things friendlier/easier it feels more like so many things are forbidden or censored, that does not create a relaxed enjoyable environment for me. This being said I think it makes it even more important to spell out if we specifically cant do something, in this case add a link to wiki. Which has been allowed and widely used on this forum for years.

ETA I also understand the privacy regarding rule #9, but have always thought sharing CS replies to a thread regarding the issue it concerns useful and helpful, providing all names are removed of course. I fail to see anything private about this correspondence and it is nice to share an answer or solution received from Playrix CS with others suffering the same problem of wanting an answer to a query.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-02-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thanks for replying Anna, but it doesnt totally clarify the question for me. Specifically is that a no for wiki? I will respect the updated rules to the best of my best ability, I have to say though I find they may be a hindrance to me in the future regarding helping other members/players on the forum. It feels like so many things could accidentally infringe these rules, and rather than making things friendlier/easier it feels more like so many things are forbidden or censored, that does not create a relaxed enjoyable environment for me. This being said I think it makes it even more important to spell out if we specifically cant do something, in this case add a link to wiki. Which has been allowed and widely used on this forum for years.

ETA I also understand the privacy regarding rule #9, but have always thought sharing CS replies to a thread regarding the issue it concerns useful and helpful, providing all names are removed of course. I fail to see anything private about this correspondence and it is nice to share an answer or solution received from Playrix CS with others suffering the same problem of wanting an answer to a query.
    Thanks so much for asking two of the questions I also have, but haven't dared ask in case it contravenes rule 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Thanks so much for asking two of the questions I also have, but haven't dared ask in case it contravenes rule 2.
    I understand what you mean Jays. These updated rules are very important for me and I'm sure many to have clarified and is more about the change they could mean to the use of the forum. I am not questioning Anna's actions, but I do believe we have to be allowed to respectfully give some feedback to a forum we are a part of.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-02-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

I understand what you mean Jays. These updated rules are very important for me and I'm sure many to have clarified and is more about the change they could mean to the use of the forum. I am not questioning Anna's actions, but I do believe we have to be allowed to respectfully give some feedback to a forum we are a part of.
    Downton, Twilight and JayS, I‘m with you there and think that Anna‘s answer hasn‘t clarified the situation satisfactorily, too. I also want a clear yes or no especially for the wiki.

Hey, guys,

Thanks a lot for your questions and comments.

It feels like so many things could accidentally infringe these rules, and rather than making things friendlier/easier it feels more like so many things are forbidden or censored, that does not create a relaxed enjoyable environment for me
    I also understand the privacy regarding rule #9, but have always thought sharing CS replies to a thread regarding the issue it concerns useful and helpful, providing all names are removed of course.
    In fact, the rules haven't changed much — most of them have always been that way.
    Say, #9 — it's the same as before. And Downton, you describe it correctly, it's totally okay to share useful info from CS as long as you remove the names since they're irrelevant in such matters.

I think it makes it even more important to spell out if we specifically cant do something, in this case add a link to wiki. Which has been allowed and widely used on this forum for years
    This one hasn't changed either — as I have mentioned, if you find the info on the page you're sharing useful and relevant to the topic of discussion, feel free to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I do believe we have to be allowed to respectfully give some feedback to a forum we are a part of.
    Again, this is absolutely correct, any questions and constructive feedback are always welcomed and appreciated 😎

Regards,
    Anna

Thank you so much for your detailed reply Anna. You have clarified the rules and put my mind at rest.
    This is great news and I really appreciate your response

Thank you so much for your detailed reply Anna. You have clarified the rules and put my mind at rest.
    This is great news and I really appreciate your response
    Same here! Thanks, Anna

Anna, thank-you for clarifying the answers to clear things up!

Now we all can breathe!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton