Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about updated forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    The way I understand rule #12, it doesn't concern the wiki. It is mainly about private groups of people, like some on Facebook. The wiki is not a group of players, it is an informative site.
    Wiki is unofficial community, it’s not run by Playrix stuff but players. So not much different from Facebook groups to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa31 View Post
    Wiki is unofficial community, it’s not run by Playrix stuff but players. So not much different from Facebook groups to be honest
    I think GL is right, that wiki is different with regard to rule #12. The rule is about not promoting private/unofficial groups if I understand it correctly, so although wiki is unofficial it is more an informative index and no self promotion is involved.

ETA At least I hope this is the case .
    Last edited by Downton; 06-28-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

As far as I know, you have to sign in to be part of a private group on Facebook. No need to sign in to read the wiki.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    As far as I know, you have to sign in to be part of a private group on Facebook. No need to sign in to read the wiki.
    You have to sign to be able to edit it, but no, you don’t need to sign to read it. However, you don’t need to do it for some Facebook groups either, some are public and you don’t have to be a member to read it

I wish that instead of discouraging the use of FB groups, which I personally find more user friendly than the forum, Playrix instead created the official Facebook group for Township. There is one for Homescapes, although seem to be poorly moderated and full of rubbish, so why not have one for Township. I’m sure there would be players willing to deducted their time to helping run and moderate it

I could never figure out how to "search" using FB.

A wiki is best due to the ability to organize the info so it can be used effectively without a lot of interaction, a place to learn.

A forum promotes Q&A interactions while still providing a searchable history of answers and topics.

Social media is more fleeting and finding older info or organized topics / replies is difficult.

I wish that instead of discouraging the use of FB groups, which I personally find more user friendly than the forum, Playrix instead created the official Facebook group for Township. There is one for Homescapes, although seem to be poorly moderated and full of rubbish, so why not have one for Township. I’m sure there would be players willing to deducted their time to helping run and moderate it
    Well, I‘m very happy with the forum and the Wiki and the great work of those, who moderate, maintain und keep it updated (thanks for that ). As I don’t use facebook, I would not like to have a group there instead of the forum.

There is a very similar Township page, run by Playrix, there is a link to it from the community tab in settings in the game.

Like the Homescapes one it is full of rubbish, a lot of trolling and has no moderation. A few members do use it and try to help by answering people's questions, but without the excellent mods we have on the forum it is mainly full of people asking for a separate barn for tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    There is a very similar Township page, run by Playrix, there is a link to it from the community tab in settings in the game.

Like the Homescapes one it is full of rubbish, a lot of trolling and has no moderation. A few members do use it and try to help by answering people's questions, but without the excellent mods we have on the forum it is mainly full of people asking for a separate barn for tools.
    There is a difference between a group and a page. I believe you are talking about the Township Mobile page which is used for announcements, competitions etc. A group is something different. Unlike Homescapes, Township Mobile page doesn’t have a group linked to it
    Last edited by Marisa31; 06-29-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Sorry Marisa31, I wasn't aware of an official Homescapes group either, lots of unofficial ones, but I can't see a link to any official ones... I'll take another look as an official group would be useful. Thanks for letting me know it exists.