Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football field

Football field

There is a soccer field and stadium in Township, but no football field or stadium. Can we add them?
    Last edited by Bessville; 06-28-2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: More info in title

Assuming you mean American Football, do enough other countries play that to justify its inclusion, you think? Forgive my complete ignorance in asking - it's just not a sport I'm remotely familiar with, so as far as I'm concerned everybody or nobody might be into it outside of North America. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Assuming you mean American Football, do enough other countries play that to justify its inclusion, you think? Forgive my complete ignorance in asking - it's just not a sport I'm remotely familiar with, so as far as I'm concerned everybody or nobody might be into it outside of North America. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Mainly a US sport but there are the foreign leagues in SA, Europe, Asia, Africa & Australia. Top running sport worldwide, though, is soccer/football.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 06-28-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

One issue with this is the same as the existing stadium, it's a matter of scale. To make an American football stadium look believeable it would need to be huge.

And if this is included, as a more localised sport it will open the floodgates for cries of..."there is an American football venue, why not a...(insert your national sport here) venue"

While I’m alllll for American Football (being from Texas it’s a way life quite honestly) I’ve always just imagined that’s what the current stadium is for.
    Last edited by Virginia_Gardens; 06-28-2019 at 01:22 AM.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

I think a gridiron, if I have the right term, as a coin decoration the same size as the rugby pitch would be a good addition. On the sports theme, a similarly scaled swimming pool would also be good. Maybe kill two birds with one stone by repurpoising the dolphinarium?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    One issue with this is the same as the existing stadium, it's a matter of scale. To make an American football stadium look believeable it would need to be huge.

And if this is included, as a more localised sport it will open the floodgates for cries of..."there is an American football venue, why not a...(insert your national sport here) venue"
    Weeeellll, talking about scale, the soccer stadium isn‘t remotely in scale, and I suppose the football one wouldn‘t either. I personally have no problem with a football stadium (but only as a deco, not as a CB, please ...), it‘s a globalized sport in my opinion. Even, if it‘s not my favorite sport

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Weeeellll, talking about scale, the soccer stadium isn‘t remotely in scale, and I suppose the football one wouldn‘t either. I personally have no problem with a football stadium (but only as a deco, not as a CB, please ...), it‘s a globalized sport in my opinion. Even, if it‘s not my favorite sport
    To be fair if it is just a decoration that is fine, I have no problem with it...I just foresee a lot of requests coming in for other sports... I'll start with I would like a cricket pitch for my village green, a showjumping arena and yes JayS a swimming pool please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Weeeellll, talking about scale, the soccer stadium isn‘t remotely in scale, and I suppose the football one wouldn‘t either.
    hee-hee...the scale of the stadium we have now looks funny...especially when it is sitting next to something like the rocket ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    While I’m alllll for American Football (being from Texas it’s a way life quite honestly) I’ve always just imagined that’s what the current stadium is for.
    Fellow Texan...woot-woot! Ikr...me too! (stadium)

I'd like to see American football as well. Make it like the soccer field...with a couple people on the field passing the ball or kicking a field goal.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 06-28-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

... I'll start with I would like a cricket pitch for my village green...
    Yes, and once, we‘ve got it, we start a thread in the lounge, where you can explain the rules to me. I was at a cricket game once (in Birmingham) and was lost after five minutes. I had two people sitting right and left to me, who kept yelling the important points at me, well, I could make no sense of it ... but it was fun to watch nevertheless