Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the streets have NO name(but what it was possible, what would be their names?)

Where the streets have NO name(but what it was possible, what would be their names?)

Before I start to explain more about this idea, first a little bit of history:
    When I started this wonderful game about two years ago I gave my name a Dutch name. When I joined a coop this courses a little struggle to the only British member of that coop. Important detail for the continuation of this story is the fact that we often chatted in Popsong quotes.
    To help her with her struggle I started thinking about a new, more international name for my city.
    The first thing I was thinking about was inspired by a song of a famous Irish Popband: "Where the streets have no name".
    On the one hand because it is a fact that our cities do not have street name signs, on the other hand because it is a Popsong Quote.
    Finally the new name became 'Ruud's city of Rock and LOL. But the idea that we all have cities where the streets have no name, remained in my mind.

There has been a regular request for writable nameplates, Neighborhood and Area designations.
    That was not the reason to start this thread but maybe it gives some support to those ideas.

Where the streets have no name (but what if they could???)

What would it be like if you were a postman in your own city for a day?
    Could you deliver all letters and parcels to the right address or would you get lost in your own city?
    Could you recognize the addresses by the flowers, the fountains or the other decorations and buildings in the neighborhood?

The helicopter pilot has a reasonable navigation system, which assists him to deliver his packages to the correct address (and I know, this is the pilot of the aircraft). So what if you had the possibility to give your streets names, your Townies a recognizable address, the neighborhood in which they live a name, what would you call them?

Will you name them after streets in your current or former residence?;
    Do you choose to call them after Flowers, Poets, Writers, Composers or Celebrities?
    Or would you do it very differently?

Or, and of course there is nothing wrong with that, are you satisfied with the safe anonymity of your town sung by U2?
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 06-25-2019 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Smaller fonts, hope it is the right volume now, Bess ;)
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

I’ve never really thought about naming my town streets.
    IRL, my town has neighbourhoods where the streets names are writers, flowers and Shakespeare characters.
    I know people in another city that live on Memory Lane. (Care to go for a stroll?)
    The funniest street name i’ve encountered was Haggis Road lol!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

For me...the theme would be related to syfy/fantasy/adventure movies and tv shows.
    Some are easily guessed...others a little trickier.

Blvd Yoda

Chewey Lane

My Mind to Yours Street

Stitch This Avenue

Wormhole Extreme Place

Just silly examples...I'd really have to sit and think of good ones.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 06-25-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Google says: "haggis is a sheep's stomach". Is that correct? Many ruminants overthere?
    I am also just on the beginning of this new adventure and Memory Lane is definitely on my mind!
    Maybe it is that street that leads us to our Special spots in our towns.

As a child I lived in Carnations and Ranunculus street and also in Willows street.
    So a Flower and Tree neighborhood in my town? Checked!
    We could mark these streets with flower names with the flowers from the store.
    Enough gladiolus, poppies and sunflowers to choose from.

And Twilight, that definitely is a good start! Will there be an Area 51 in your town?
    Just searching for some blurred sections like Nevada once had during testing Beta.
    Nevada... No coincidence I guess *g*
    And what about a Bohemian Grove...?
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Google says: "haggis is a sheep's stomach". Is that correct? Many ruminants overthere?
    I am also just on the beginning of this new adventure and Memory Lane is definitely on my mind!
    Maybe it is that street that leads us to our Special spots in our towns.

As a child I lived in Carnations and Ranunculus street and also in Willows street.
    So a Flower and Tree neighborhood in my town? Checked!
    We could mark these streets with flower names with the flowers from the store.
    Enough gladiolus, poppies and sunflowers to choose from.

And Twilight, that definitely is a good start! Will there be an Area 51 in your town?
    Just searching for some blurred sections like Nevada once had during testing Beta.
    Nevada... No coincidence I guess *g*
    And what about a Bohemian Grove...?
    Haggis is indeed traditionally a sheep's stomach stuffed with spiced offal, lamb, beef and oatmeal, steamed and served with neeps (swede), tatties (mashed potatoes) and mealy pudding (oat and suet sausage). You're making me hungry and nostalgic.

Ranunculus sounds like something out of Herbology at Hogwarts- off to search engine

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Haggis is indeed traditionally a sheep's stomach stuffed with spiced offal, lamb, beef and oatmeal, steamed and served with neeps (swede), tatties (mashed potatoes) and mealy pudding (oat and suet sausage). You're making me hungry and nostalgic.

Ranunculus sounds like something out of Herbology at Hogwarts- off to search engine
    Every country has its own botanical names and culinary specialties
    20190625_232210.jpg
    ... because a picture says more than 1000 words...
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 06-25-2019 at 11:51 PM.

20190625_232210.jpg
    ... because a picture says more then 1000 words...
    Tulips from Amsterdam..... careful, you'll start me singing again and think the storms we'll get after this heatwave don't need extra help
    Edited to add-after search I need new specs, a type of buttercup- no need to sing
    Last edited by JayS; 06-25-2019 at 09:52 PM.

My town would have 'rue', 'place' or 'avenue'
    de la République
    de la Mairie
    de la Gare
    de l'église
    du château
    du Stade
    de la Fontaine
    des écoles
    Charles de Gaulle
    Jean Jaurès
    Jean Moulin
    Victor Hugo
    Pasteur
    des États-Unis
    de la Grande-Bretagne.

20190625_232210.jpg
    ... because a picture says more then 1000 words...
    ...because a picture says more THAN a 100 words...
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    ...because a picture says more THAN a 100 words...
    And less chance of spelling errors in pictures
    Any clue if there'll be any non-anonymous street in your town in near future, Nana?