Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regattas brackets, any rhyme or reason?

Regattas brackets, any rhyme or reason?

Are the regatta brackets each week determined ONLY by number of active players? My co op has been getting placed with extremely high ranking teams lately. It also seems unfair that teams from Russia and China, for example, have hours to start the race while those on the other side of the world are sleeping. We were over 6,000 points behind the #1 team (Russian) when I logged on at 7am local time. Since the only way to get in top 3 lately is a perfect 16x135 race, how can a team possibly catch up if it's a race to who gets perfect first? This week there are only 3 teams from my part of the world. My co op is suffering morale issues from working so hard for that 16x135 score, only to be shut out of the top 3 in the race week after week.

Does anything at all affect what type of teams you get placed with? Any tips or tricks?

I should add that I've read the FAQs and I'm hoping for some new/brilliant insight from recent updates or anything fresh. Thanks!!

Nothing new on that front. The more we do perfect races, the more we face strong teams. And we are at a disadvantage in America. I race solo, finished my 16 tasks in 1.5 day last week. I was in 5th position. To be on the podium I needed to spend a lot of T-cash, which I am not ready to do. The race eneded with 12 teams with a perfect score. That is what is needed to stay in gold nowadays.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

So you have noticed a distinct difference in solo (maybe over the last year or so), Graylady? We never had to race this hard before to get good finishes. I certainly don't expect 1st all the time, but we've got a player that doesn't have her Yachtsman trophy yet, and I'm determined to help her get it!

Thanks for your reply!

I think the hopping during interseasonal just made matters worst but Playrix changed the rules lately so we will see how it goes.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Yup, the teams are getting tougher but... it sure takes the wind out of my sails to see the top 2 teams this week *averaging* one 135 point task every 6 minutes! 98 team tasks in just under 5 hours into the race. Waking up to that big a deficit just makes me want to roll over and go back to sleep.

Yup, both in the eastern hemisphere so they've been awake longer but still, for a team (8 active racers) to average completing a task every 6 minutes. Yeah, Yeah, I know it can be done but that's a serious amount of T-Cash. There's no way they're waiting for the 30 minute task refreshes.

Sucks all the fun out of racing

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Yup, the teams are getting tougher but... it sure takes the wind out of my sails to see the top 2 teams this week *averaging* one 135 point task every 6 minutes! 98 team tasks in just under 5 hours into the race. Waking up to that big a deficit just makes me want to roll over and go back to sleep.

Yup, both in the eastern hemisphere so they've been awake longer but still, for a team (8 active racers) to average completing a task every 6 minutes. Yeah, Yeah, I know it can be done but that's a serious amount of T-Cash. There's no way they're waiting for the 30 minute task refreshes.

Sucks all the fun out of racing
    Absolutely agree! The #1 this week had 45% of the way to a perfect race less than 3 hours after I woke up. We almost always catch up repectably by the end, but it's way too late by that point. No beating piles of TCash paired with hours of head start.

We run a pretty tight ship and have amazingly committed players. Again, we don't expect to always place, but I hate having to worry if we're going to be demoted if someone doesn't pay for the 16th task that week. Racing was more enjoyable when you felt like you had some chance...

At least we aren't alone in our frustration, I guess? Ha!

Theoretically, would waiting to take the 1st task until say 8am local US time at least give you a better likelihood of being placed with teams in that part of the world? We have a player from the Philippines who plays in the middle of US night, as do a couple night owls. I've seen threads that say waiting helps and some that say it doesn't. I guess I'm wondering specifically about world location in the bracket, rather than race outcome...

I don’t understand the pairing at all... my coop was comfortably racing in silver, but we were very astonished that we were promoted to gold before the last interseasonal. Then last week, nobody with a perfect score, only 3 out of 8 doing all tasks, one player doing only one task, one player not showing up at all and nobody paying for the extra task. And we ended fourth! And even the winning coop didn’t have a perfect score ...
    I won’t complain, because that way I could buy the deco only available in gold, but isn’t that a bit unfair? We slogging along, totally uncompetitive and others working their heads off and fearing demotion though having a perfect score.

I‘m sure, we will get demoted eventually again, but we at least „earned“ it

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie Lu View Post
    Theoretically, would waiting to take the 1st task until say 8am local US time at least give you a better likelihood of being placed with teams in that part of the world? We have a player from the Philippines who plays in the middle of US night, as do a couple night owls. I've seen threads that say waiting helps and some that say it doesn't. I guess I'm wondering specifically about world location in the bracket, rather than race outcome...
    Delaying the start of our race used to help but it is no true anymore. It look like we are paired before the race start. I never start before 9h am eastern and face many Europeans and asiatics co-ops.