Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Language filter in co-op chat messing with non-English languages

Quote Originally Posted by Guguma View Post
    Looks like my reply got swallowed. Huh. .
    A new answer was indicated, but not visible, so I guessed already a-t (forbidden word also? lol) the spambot, and wondered what you had written *g*
    Bess! also for the explanation!

But anyways, the option to disable the filter also exists on PC! Thanks for the tips! .
    You're welcome; thanks for reporting back

Also DD_ according to them, my reports were missing "some technical information about [my] game and device", which I'd input in the collapsable bars, hahaha.
    Don't overtax them But I'm not aware of collapsable bars in that little window either, so it's probably a Windows (form) thing. Besides, as far as I'm aware (and on Android), the report (form) adds a lot of tech. data about my game automatically, so maybe you two were talking of different things.

Anyway, to answer your question it probably didn't need much tech.data, except knowing the OS. And its update contents. Seems the update release info was "missing some info", when no-one in your Coop remembered that addition/change, from when it came out.

My favourite instances with the word filter are when the end of one word and beginning of the next would spell something forbidden if they'd been squished together (even when they weren't). It can take a minute to work out what it's having an issue with!

The difficulty with it thinking you're swearing in a different language isn't limited to non-English speakers, btw. Happens to us too, all the time. It's actually quite a fun way to learn how to swear at your international friends, if you're a potty-mouth like me and amused by such things, lol.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    My favourite instances with the word filter are when the end of one word and beginning of the next would spell something forbidden if they'd been squished together (even when they weren't). It can take a minute to work out what it's having an issue with!
    wow, that's some attentiveness put in the filters!
    (and so happy you know/recognize all these words, rofl!)

The difficulty with it thinking you're swearing in a different language isn't limited to non-English speakers, btw. Happens to us too, all the time.
    sure, why not - English is just a language like any other here. *G*

if you're a potty-mouth like me and amused by such things, lol.
    I have NO idea what you're talking about.

oops, my halo is slipping...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

..sure, why not - English is just a language like any other here. *G*
    I only mention because OP seemed to feel the difficulties might be specific to languages other than English.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

I only mention because OP seemed to feel the difficulties might be specific to languages other than English.
    ah IC, the title - well, yes. I seem to recall that I was quite surprised to learn, it compares simply through all available languages, not the player or language settings (which is indeed logical, as everyone could swear in any language). And with that handy possibility to turn the filter off, I have no idea whether they worked on giving that huge pool of swear words any selection criteria or whether it is considered impossible.
    With the possible result that children whose parents have set the filter ON, might hardly be able to chat ingame. A pity, as that is one of the winning features of the game (which is why so many other games are following that example of having ingame groups meanwhile, not only Playrix).