Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Language filter in co-op chat messing with non-English languages

Question Language filter in co-op chat messing with non-English languages

This appears to be a common issue, shared with members of my co-op, at least.

Here is the problem: I play a French version of Township, and I am part of a French co-op. Frequently, our messages will get swallowed up by the language filter due to innocuous words in French being detected by the language filter as English swear words.

An example: The common word to describe being late in French is "retard". See the issue?

I wonder if other people part of non-english co-ops have been experiencing the same problem, in which languages, if it's already been looked into/answered, etc. I tried contacting support, but support sent me an automated e-mail back repeatedly where they stated my request was invalid for some reason.

I play on PC, by the way.

I‘m German and we had a lot of „fun“ with the chat filter as well. For us it was the German word for „could“ that got censored all the time.

In the end the mobile version got the option to disable the filter completely. Look under „additional settings“ maybe PC (Windows?) has received this update by now.
    Town Level 136, hate the new zoo
    Co-Op Name: Hubi & Bagger [Android/iOS]

Does the Windows version not have the option to turn off the filter?
    behind the cog top left, Additional settings?
    Don't tell me it's available only for English?! (didn't test)

I seem to recall this option came a bit later, so maybe (hopefully) it's in the planning.

20190623_204203.jpg

Would be good to have Playrix' statement, indeed. What was the reason they didn't reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Sablob View Post
    I‘m German and we had a lot of „fun“ with the chat filter as well. For us it was the German word for „could“ that got censored all the time.
    „Könnte“ ??? Habt Ihr rausbekommen, warum? Erstaunlich ...

Nee, „könnt“. Wie in „könnt ihr bitte mal...“. Wenn man es richtig/falsch ausspricht klingt es wie ein übles englisches Schimpfwort.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    „Könnte“ ??? Habt Ihr rausbekommen, warum? Erstaunlich ...
    or "konnte" - and I seem to recall, the word could have been offensive in any language, f.e. also French or Russian, and so, whatever they offer for this game. That way we had lots of ***** at first, lol.

eta: Sablob, ausspricht? lol, wie geht das denn in Chat?

Looks like my reply got swallowed. Huh.

But anyways, the option to disable the filter also exists on PC! Thanks for the tips!

Also DD_ according to them, my reports were missing "some technical information about [my] game and device", which I'd input in the collapsable bars, hahaha.

Liest du den Chat nicht laut?

lol, eher nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by Guguma View Post
    Looks like my reply got swallowed. Huh...
    It was placed in the moderation queue by our Spambot, Guguma. He didn't like you using the 'at' symbol. Edited and released