Thread: Is dumping considered cheating

Is dumping considered cheating

I am on a team that wont dump tasks because a team member was banned from the game because they had dumped too many, this was years ago. Has Playrix ever had a rule about dumping unwanted tasks from the regatta board? How do I convince them that it's not cheating?

It isn't cheating and I find it hard to believe Playrix ever did ban a person for excessive dumping. I mean, that's what the trashcan is for, right?

As for how to convince them, maybe contact Support and get them to confirm that's not a thing..?
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    It isn't cheating and I find it hard to believe Playrix ever did ban a person for excessive dumping. I mean, that's what the trashcan is for, right?

As for how to convince them, maybe contact Support and get them to confirm that's not a thing..?
    That's what I told them, but they don't want to listen. I'm done with them this week anyway, I just hope that what I say makes them try it!

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    That's what I told them, but they don't want to listen. I'm done with them this week anyway, I just hope that what I say makes them try it!
    I am alone in my coop and every regatta I dumped 150 to 300 tasks. When I was in a bigger coop I dumped 250-300 very often as I was the leader and had more time to monitor the board. I never was banned and never heard of a player banned for too many dumped tasks. Playrix never tell a player why they are banned, so the player saying it was for dumping tasks just made the wrong assumption.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

My coop this Regatta has over 2k dumps. So....yeah.....won't get banned for it.

I guess Im ignorant about dumping a task. If you select a task in the regatta why would you dump it ? You fail to complete the task and get nothing. Am I missing something ?

Quote Originally Posted by James Herriott View Post
    I guess Im ignorant about dumping a task. If you select a task in the regatta why would you dump it ? You fail to complete the task and get nothing. Am I missing something ?
    Hi James, Elders, co-leaders and leaders can dump tasks from the board without taking the task so it doesn't effect the amount of tasks they can take or count as a fail. When tapping on the task there is a blue trash can they can tap to dump rather than selecting taking the task. The trash can is red in colour after you take the task, so dumping it then will count as a fail.
    Last edited by Downton; 06-30-2019 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Lol GL ; )
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by James Herriott View Post
    What this discussion refer to is deleting/dumping a task without taking it, directly from the board.

Snap Downton
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Thanks to changes to the Regatta, we have no choice but to dump tasks in order to get ones with the right points, notably 135 point tasks. There would never be enough otherwise.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    City Building Project: Computer Store
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015