Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Penalty for failed tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Yes I remember reading this way back when, but, sending a totally empty plane does break the cycle before earning the achievement at least. This happened to me in baby town. My achievement now stands at 16/15 completed, so don't know yet whether my next full plane will make it 17/15, or, whether I will need to send another 17 planes in order to reach that figure.
    Thanks for that info. My streak stands at 3573 / 15 (and counting) so I don't want to risk testing it

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Yes I remember reading this way back when, but, sending a totally empty plane does break the cycle before earning the achievement at least. This happened to me in baby town. My achievement now stands at 16/15 completed, so don't know yet whether my next full plane will make it 17/15, or, whether I will need to send another 17 planes in order to reach that figure.
    Did you send it out empty or did it fly out empty after running out of time.???
    I THINK an empty plane doesn't break the cycle if deliberately sent empty OR left empty to time-out. Trouble is I can't remember which.

ooh, clever, Charlie and thanks, Pink and Jay, for the additions.
    So it might even be that it changed from no break to breaking.

pondering...
    I would say I did send them empty way back when - letting them leave on their own is what I do now, cos I saw someone mention it would help with the next plane requests being less mean and huge (and it often results in getting two rows only in next plane, but not always!) - but wouldn't swear on it, of course. I also remember that one of my streaks was broken and sat there at 500-something for ages, until I reached it again, and continued counting then, but don't remember whether it was this plane achievement, or the login-days.
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-13-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Here's 2 threads discussing reliable wings achievement and sending empty planes here and here Though reading the second thread it still seems like there is no definite answer to the question.

Well I just sent a fully loaded plane taking my achievement from 269 to 270, I then sent a completely empty plane and then a fully loaded plane. My achievement has stayed at 270 instead of increasing to 271 so the theory that sending an empty plane won't effect the count of consecutive planes sent does not appear to be true (maybe it was at one time but not now).

ETA I can't test the results for letting an empty plane take off on its own as I now need to send 270 fully loaded planes to start seeing my count increase again, lol.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-13-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Well I just sent a fully loaded plane taking my achievement from 269 to 270, I then sent a completely empty plane and then a fully loaded plane. My achievement has stayed at 270 instead of increasing to 271 so the theory that sending an empty plane won't effect the count of consecutive planes sent does not appear to be true (maybe it was at one time but not now).

ETA I can't test the results for letting an empty plane take off on its own as I now need to send 270 fully loaded planes to start seeing my count increase again, lol.
    Thanks Downton, both for the links and for testing
    Please post back of next plane takes you to 271. Empty ones don't count towards the total, but may or may not interrupt the streak
    Last edited by JayS; 07-13-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Thanks Downton, both for the links and for testing
    Please post back of next plane takes you to 271. Empty ones don't count towards the total, but may or may not interrupt the streak
    Your welcome JayS .

Since sending the empty plane I have now sent 2 fully loaded planes and my count has stayed at 270. So the streak has been broken by sending that empty plane.
    Last edited by Downton; 07-14-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    So it might even be that it changed from no break to breaking. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Since sending the empty plane I have now sent 2 fully loaded planes and my count has stayed at 270. So the streak has been broken by sending that empty plane.
    hm. I had read it here, long ago, but I know it worked.
    so they did change it? had it been overlooked or didn't work to your advantage, Playrix?
    anyway, how unfair to change it without a word.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    hm. I had read it here, long ago, but I know it worked.
    so they did change it? had it been overlooked or didn't work to your advantage, Playrix?
    anyway, how unfair to change it without a word.
    Yes my thoughts as well DD, just another thing Playrix silently changed for no good reason .

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Yep, no penalties/deductions other than scoring zero points for it and being unable to replace it with another.
    Thanks for your reply, sorry I’ve now included it above.....I’m just after more clarification.....If someone knows after starting a task that they are going to fail and then dumps the task before it’s time runs out, are the deductions/consequences the same? Thank you again in advance.