Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ruud, your village is so pretty, I could almost live there, just missing a nice country pub, apart from that it is perfect.

My favorite houses are:

Cottage
    Cape Cod Cottage
    Chalet Bungalow
    Conch House
    Bungalow
    Gablefront Cottage

For the slightly larger "small" houses, I like:

Farmhouse
    Double-Decker

Also, I can live with Gambrel, Craftsman, American Foursquare, Hall and Parlor House and Townhouse because they are better than the larger choices.

For "medium sized" houses, I like the Garden Apartments.

I don't like most of the larger houses.

I can deal with the Bright House in moderation and surrounded by other colors. Old House is okay in moderation; same with Timber-Framed House. So those are my "favorite" if I can use that word of the choices we have available. I am not yet at a high enough level to have the Residential Complex, but it looks like it could work in moderation.

My least favorite (I know you didn't ask this, but including these) houses are the following:

Duplex
    Victorian Townhouse
    Condos
    Apartment Building -- This is my most disliked of all of them.
    Housing Co-op
    High-Rise with a Garden
    Regular High-Rise
    High-Rise with an Attic -- I have more of these than I want because they hold 140.
    House with Towers
    Single-Family House -- Looks like a bank!
    Apartment Complex

And in the "just okay-meh" category, I put:

High-Rise with Tile (I would like it better if it held 1000 people LOL)
    Block House is too Blocky
    Modern High Rise
    These "meh" types are too big for the small number of people they hold. And I am not wowed by the design.

My favorites are the small, charming houses. I would love for my town to be a seaside town with loads of small houses. As mayor, I would like to ban the construction of high rises.

My top 3 homes are:

Gable front cottage
    Hall and Palour House
    Town House

Co-op = Land of Dragons. # NEZ8R6
    Town= Meesh

I’ve spent a frustrating day trying to find some arrangement for all the apartment buildings and had to make a conscious effort to go see which houses i like. In general, i like the smaller ones better. In no particular order, gable front cottage, hall and parlour house and garden apartments. I also like the single family house but it looks more like a school or something than a house.
    Least favorite, the regular high rise—so many of them and they are so big! The only place i’ve managed to hide one is behind the spaceport.
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Ruud, your village is so pretty, I could almost live there, just missing a nice country pub, apart from that it is perfect.
    Oh, thank you very much Ashdust! I tried the Taverne( at the black arrow) , but its style doesn't fit with the little houses.
    Village_plus.jpgA country pub in the right style and colours, as a new community building? I am in!
    Can you give any clue on how it would look like for you?
    Last edited by Bessville; 06-25-2019 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Removed at symbol - spambot
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

Ruud, I agree most of the taverns in the game are too themed for your peaceful little village, they just wouldn't work.

I'm thinking a decoration rather than a community building as not everyone in every country drinks, don't want to cause issues...

Ideally, it needs whitewashed walls, a thatched roof and a few tables out the front overlooking the village duckpond.

Back to houses...Magnolia, I spent a lot of time trying to hide ugly apartments behind other things, gave up though and just accepted you can't hide them all, there are far too many of them.
    Last edited by Ashdust; 06-25-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Hall and Parlor House all the way! I wish there were more. So cute. 20190625_131931.jpg
    Township Name/Code: Freedonia/HH6AYN
    Co-Op Name/Code: Hangin with Mr. Co-oper/#HN6PMU

Can someone tell me the significance of the Bright House? There is only 1 and it has distinctive features so I thought it represents a special building or architectural style. I Googled it but it didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by bawa2019 View Post
    Can someone tell me the significance of the Bright House? There is only 1 and it has distinctive features so I thought it represents a special building or architectural style. I Googled it but it didn't help.
    I have 4 now, so guessing you will get more soon.

I think it's only purpose is to annoy me as every time I redesign and take it out of storage it's orientation is the opposite way to every other house.

Lol. Ok more on the way. Guess it's not unique then. Thanks