Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Decorating with Letters

Does anyone know how to make letters with soil or decorations? Do you have examples? How many squares are needed?

I can make the 9 easier letters: C, E, F, H, I, L, O, T, & U. You can see a 5x5 E & T in my town.

The game layout doesn’t seem to lend itself to the other 17 letters.

Any suggestions?
    TOWN: EThunderbird Aviation—invite code: F3EGZ2—active, advancing
    COOP: Blue Cove—join code: UURUJR—helpful, friendly, active regatta medalists

Think Q may be tricky as diagonal needed but otherwise just space and practice. You might find the creek helpful as it looks narrower than the square space it takes up

Quote Originally Posted by EThunderbird View Post
    Does anyone know how to make letters with soil or decorations? Do you have examples? ...
    I didn't pay attention yet to letters being easy or not, but I have some examples, where I made a screenshot over time, cos I found it impressive, how these words were made.

This once was in my own town:

Screenshot_2017-07-31 Hi-min.jpg <= click/tap to enlarge

It is made from roads type and the "points" from the landscape type, with deco on top for emphasis, i. e. to "see" them.
    At some point, I couldn't resist to put the hearts around

I will post the others from other towns below.

And sorry, I didn't find the "5x5 E & T" in your town (or zoo) - ?

Screenshot_2017-07-31 Duck Pond-min.jpg <= click/tap to enlarge

This was made in a friend's town with roads type in / from the zoo - and some deco. <g>

Screenshot_2017-07-31-23 Jesus-min.jpg <= click/tap to enlarge

This was made from (flower) deco.

Screenshot_2018-04-17 Aussie lettering-min.jpg <= click/tap to enlarge

This is made with town "pavement" style.

Screenshot_2018-12-11-LOST-ext-min.jpg <= click/tap to enlarge

This is made from deco - the "hedge" in the trees tab.

And some very nice and impressive thank-you's

Screenshot_2017-08-02 a-TY-ext-min.jpg <== click/tap to enlarge // made of deco

Screenshot_2017-07-31 b-Thanks-min.jpg <== click/tap to enlarge // made of path "Landscape" type (what you call soil, I think)

2018-12-24 c-thanks Anna Petrova-ext-min.jpg <== click/tap to enlarge // This was posted here in the forum a while ago by someone whom Anna had helped Made of deco, at least the blue part (flowers, I'd say), not totally sure re. the "thanks".
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-20-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: had to wait, due to forum or PC lock...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    And some very nice and impressive thank-you's

must just wait, till I am allowed to post again.

Screenshot_2017-08-02 a-TY-ext-min.jpg <== click/tap to enlarge // made of deco

Screenshot_2017-07-31 b-Thanks-min.jpg <== click/tap to enlarge // made of path "Landscape" type (what you call soil, I think)
    Dear, dear, what an impressive array! Thank you, for gathering and showing us!

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Dear, dear, what an impressive array! Thank you, for gathering and showing us!
    isn't it My pleasure, Z, and look again: the 3rd TY-pic has been posted finally.