Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,150

    Ways to make your Town look a little different: Do you have a Soil ution?

    What do you do as soon as a land extension is ready?
    Do you immediately color it completely green, blue or yellow? Maybe white because you are in a snowy area on that spot?
    Or do you leave it intact so that you can see some sand drifts here and there in your town?

    And how often do you actually use... brown?
    Mine.jpg
    Let me show you how that your trees look different, not necessarily better, but just look different if they are not based on grass but on soil.
    Just like the difference between palm trees that have either grass or sand as a base.
    On sand it looks warmer there, while the grass gives more the idea of ​​an Oasis.
    AcreMud.jpg
    Dark brown even seems to make your Agricultural land look more fertile.
    What it does in any case is connect your pieces of farmland. Do you see the difference?
    HouseMud.jpg
    This also works under the Tree trunk paving. It looks slightly different!


    Do you use this too?
    Or do you have a different Soil ution, do you alsouse a different surface or pavement to make places in your city look a little different than usual?
    Very curious to hear from you!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

  2. #2
    I confess I haven't had much use for the soil in my town, but I have just tried it under my cork tree trunk flooring that I have interspersed with lighter decking and have to say it makes it much crisper and I like it very much .

    I think it also looks great under my Halloween decs when it is actually Halloween, I use paving when it's not. The colours of the decs look very good against it and it adds some spookiness to them, lol .

    ETA I agree our farm fields do look that bit richer and fertile using the soil under them. I never considered the little change our choices of what we put under other floorings could make. Attention to detail Ruud. Thanks you have smartened my town up a little bit!
    Last edited by Downton; 06-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.

  3. #3
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I confess I haven't had much use for the soil in my town, but I have just tried it under my cork tree trunk flooring that I have interspersed with lighter decking and have to say it makes it much crisper and I like it very much .

    I think it also looks great under my Halloween decs when it is actually Halloween, I use paving when it's not. The colours of the decs look very good against it and it adds some spookiness to them, lol .

    ETA I agree our farm fields do look that bit richer and fertile using the soil under them. I never considered the little change our choices of what we put under other floorings could make. Attention to detail Ruud. Thanks you have smartened my town up a little bit!
    Hi Downton, yes it is just a detail, but isn't it that that Happiness is in smallest things too!?!
    Really looking forward to Halloween this year!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

  4. #4
    A small circle of soil under a sand-bottomed decoration, such a the palm with ape eating bananas, adds a bit of texture.

  5. #5
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    A small circle of soil under a sand-bottomed decoration, such a the palm with ape eating bananas, adds a bit of texture.
    That explains the seemingly infinite supply of fresh bananas! Super Soil!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

  6. #6
    I quite recently mixed using the sand option with some of the light orangey brick work under my sweets/animals decs. I think it works well and suits the area

    IMG_20190616_175220.jpg

    I am now thinking of using the soil with the light grey brick work, I think it will have a good impact. I am just waiting for the right area to do it in .

  7. #7
    Ruud, I do the same with the soil, I have it under both my fields and the tree trunk paving in my amusement park.

    The only other time I have really thought about the ground type is in front of my greenhouse where I have continued on the sand and the grass to extend the area of it. (And I stole that idea from a friend's town... )

    Screenshot_20190615-181819_Township.jpg

    Downton I love the chessboard pattern, would never have thought of that, but it looks really nice.

  8. #8
    Gold Member Rocky_Ruud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Ruud, I do the same with the soil, I have it under both my fields and the tree trunk paving in my amusement park.

    The only other time I have really thought about the ground type is in front of my greenhouse where I have continued on the sand and the grass to extend the area of it. (And I stole that idea from a friend's town... )

    Downton I love the chessboard pattern, would never have thought of that, but it looks really nice.
    I knew I couldn't be the only one! *g*

    I also noticed that the sandy path of the greenhouse has the same mixing color as the Sand. Also in my town there is a Zandpad next to it.

    I still remember a Sandy path as an entrance to the Mine. It was in Summerville, the town of SumSum.
    She uses a lot of sand as a footpath and that makes her town very 'soft' and accessible. Would be good if Townies could also walk on Sand!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 109/Android

  9. #9
    I like to use soil underneath my farm plots. Not sure why, I guess brown on brown looks cool to me. I use sand by the coast for a beach
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    OS: Android/Kindle/iOS
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    116
    I also used sand as pathways to my greenhouse, the flower shop and the flower factory.
    98BFE28B-C797-4A43-99DB-CD0345F271EF.jpg
    Other than that I mainly use sand for beaches and river banks. I rarely use soil, but that might change after reading this thread and seeing your wonderful ideas. Thank you all for posting!
    Town Level 136, hate the new zoo
    Co-Op Name: Hubi & Bagger [Android/iOS]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •