Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting likes

Quote Originally Posted by Me Me Big Boy View Post
    I like every single town I go to.

I ask for small & easy quantities/ items in every train, plane, and in my zoo.

I visit other towns and like.

Off hand I'm not even sure how many likes I have. But I do know that I enjoy giving and receiving likes.

I also like every town i come across. It doesn't matter what it looks like, your avatar, your town name, etc. If I come across your town, you get a like.

😃
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by bobatha View Post
    I've been playing for like 95 days and have 69 likes lol. I've never once liked another players town. It serves absolutely no purpose of the remotest kind what so ever.
    I get likes from players I have helped or who like my design. So to me they serve a purpose, it's a thank you from them or a thumbs up they like what I have done and I appreciate it very much. As I have stated previously I also use it to thank another players helpfulness (whether that be filling a crate for me or asking for help earning me a clover). And of course to let a player know I think they have done a great job designing their town as well .

I don't compare how many likes I have against other towns as some have loads from being on the Global leader boards of events of planes or maybe masses of FB friends. It is just a nice log I see as a personal achievement, and enjoy watching it grow gradually the more players I help and encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    This. I don't know how many likes I have, and I care somewhat less.
    I have 401 and I care maybe a bit more than I should! Lol
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I get likes from players I have helped or who like my design. So to me they serve a purpose, it's a thank you from them or a thumbs up they like what I have done and I appreciate it very much. As I have stated previously I also use it to thank another players helpfulness (whether that be filling a crate for me or asking for help earning me a clover). And of course to let a player know I think they have done a great job designing their town as well .

I don't compare how many likes I have against other towns as some have loads from being on the Global leader boards of events of planes or maybe masses of FB friends. It is just a nice log I see as a personal achievement, and enjoy watching it grow gradually the more players I help and encounter.

I have 401 and I care maybe a bit more than I should! Lol
    I agree...and I think the virtual pats on the back may mean more to players who do put a lot of thought into their towns. Giving out likes probably also has a different significance to these players.
    Unless you really want Elvis as your avatar, the sense of appreciation is the only reward you get lol!
    While I’m not bothered by not knowing where my likes came from, it would be nice to have a record of who we have liked to go back for another visit...especially if they’ve changed co-ops.
    Last edited by Magnolia Township; 06-16-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Solo Co-op: MaggieTs #MGRZ48

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I agree...and I think the virtual pats on the back may mean more to players who do put a lot of thought into their towns. Giving out likes probably also has a different significance to these players.
    Unless you really want Elvis as your avatar, the sense of appreciation is the only reward you get lol!
    While I’m not bothered by not knowing where my likes came from, it would be nice to have a record of who we have liked to go back for another visit...especially if they’ve changed co-ops.

Yes I think getting and giving a virtual pat on the back is a nice feeling. And lol that Elvis avatars doesn't appear to be so popular, at least I don't encounter it very often at all .

I would also love a record of towns I have liked. It would be great to be able to visit them again. So annoying when you have loved something in a town you've visited and have no way of finding them again, cause they've changed co-ops or you just can't remember how or where you found them.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    I liked your town. Do you not care?!!?
    Lol, not much, Dreaderz. The virtual cups of tea are much appreciated tho

I do like to see a town I've already liked though - it lets me know that person and I have rubbed shoulders in the community before. So I guess it's not entirely pointless for me.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Hi James.

I like every friends town I have on list and for people who help fill a crate that are not on my list I hit like as a way of thank you since I can not send a gift to them. Also, during events if I’m neck and neck with someone going for top 3 I give a like too also. (Actually everyone I’m competing against usually gets one too) I know it has no purpose in the game but I just think it’s a nice thing to do, like saying please , thank you and your welcome. It’s kindness and kindness does matter. Sometimes a show of “hey I see you , you matter” can go a long way. If you put your towns name in your signature James along with coop (or use your friend ID) I will be sure to look for it and give u some love too.

Come on people, it takes literally a nano second out of your day to maybe make someone smile.
    Town name -E HAW JUNCTION.
    Co-op- Love Shack (just me and hubby Unless hopping)
    Level- 128.
    Friend Code -5P2472

I have been playing over 4 years level 155 and I have 244 likes. I see other towns that are way below level 100 that have thousands of likes. I like everyone's town also but cannot get anyone to like my town. Most of the towns that have thousands of likes do not even have all of their land expanded and just have their stuff thrown wherever. My town is somewhat organized but no one ever likes it. Smh.
    TS level 155
    Leader of co-op Midnight Dreamers
    #MDRWZ7

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabel View Post
    I have been playing over 4 years level 155 and I have 244 likes. I see other towns that are way below level 100 that have thousands of likes. I like everyone's town also but cannot get anyone to like my town. Most of the towns that have thousands of likes do not even have all of their land expanded and just have their stuff thrown wherever. My town is somewhat organized but no one ever likes it. Smh.
    247 now
    Willow Mist in Off Topic

Thank you!
    TS level 155
    Leader of co-op Midnight Dreamers
    #MDRWZ7

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabel View Post
    249 now
    I will have to copy the "fence" of floating lanterns, lol, funny, when I have more water.

So, that's not "no-one" (the masses are prolly the masses from FB. You are aware that some give Likes cos they don't care about its meaning)