Thread: Trying to clarify benefits of fully upgraded xp for Township trains

Trying to clarify benefits of fully upgraded xp for Township trains

I am trying to better understand the benefit to fully upgrading the train xp level to determine whether I just misunderstood the wiki articles and forum posts or if there is truly a game issue which I need to report to support. When reading the Township wiki and forum early in my gameplay, I remember a suggestion about upgrading trains and ships as early as possible. Of course, upgrading the time is most important, but there was also reference to the train xp level affecting the types and number of materials returned.

Like most new players, early on I initially made the mistake of trying to build more than one community building at a time. After much frustration, I found the Township wiki and forum which explained the algorithms used for the trains do not handle this type of mass construction well. Henceforth, I only build one community building or zoo enclosure at a time. However, there was also a comment that the higher the xp level of your trains, the more efficient the trains would be at returning materials needed.

I have had my trains fully upgraded for roughly 6 months. At the time I completed the upgrade, I was finished building all community buildings at that time and was only building zoo enclosures. Of course, I was receiving barn materials and mining tools like always, too. It seemed the receipt of the zoo enclosure building materials was indeed more efficient than before I had fully upgraded my trains.

Then the zoo changes occurred. What I noticed at that time was that I would receive 4 to 8 times more quantities of the first material needed on a group of 3 trains until I had satisfied the needed quantity for the first material, then I started receiving 4 to 8 times more quantities of the second material. I would receive 1 or 2 of the unneeded material.

For instance, if I was building an enclosure that needed 250 bricks, 250 glasses, and 0 slabs, then:
    Train 1 may have 4 bricks
    Train 2 may have 1 brick and 1 slab
    Trains 3 may have 1 glass

Once the quantity of bricks in my barn reached 250:
    Train 1 may have 4 glass
    Train 2 may have 1 slab
    Trains 3 may have 1 brick

I had completed all of my zoo enclosures when the tool exchange was introduced. What I learned early on with the tool exchange was once you had exchanged bricks, glass, and slabs for the drills, jackhammers, and saws needed, make sure the exchange materials in tool exchange slots only had your needed building materials as exchanges.

For the latest community building bricks were needed, but no glass or slabs. So once I had the drills, saws, and jackhammers needed, I made sure my tool exchanges only had bricks as exchange material. I did not start building my Artic Wolf zoo enclosure until my community building was complete.

In the 30 to 40 trains it took to get all my bricks, I received almost as much glass as I did bricks. Then when I started building my Artic Wolf zoo enclosure, that needs only brick and slabs, I started receiving almost as much glass as I receive bricks, and almost no slabs. I keep selling unwanted glass from my barn, and just keep getting more of it. My tool exchange materials are only brick and slabs.

Has anyone else fully upgraded their trains? If so, are you having these train material inconsistencies? Are higher train xp levels intended to improve the trains' efficiencies?

I would appreciate any discussion on this topic.

Thanks.
    Town: Grace (Friend Invite: BWQ8K8 Full, but will put on wait list)
    Town Level: 122 - Platform: Android
    Co-op: Tatertowing (#67QE7S) - 3-member, 3 active, 1 racing

Town: Lavender Fields (Friend Invite: QJYQ8D Full, but will put on wait list)
    Town Level: 127 - Platform: Kindle Fire
    Co-op: Purple Patrons (#PURFSY) - Solo member

Member of Spending Suckers Club & Bonkers Club

I did not fully upgrade my trains for XP; I always tried to avoid leveling up as long as possible because I have the idea that trains and planes are asking for higher amounts of products the higher your XP level is. (Don’t know if that idea make sence, does someone know more about it?).
    But: I experience similar situations in getting materials as you describe allthough I cann’t see any involvement from what the Tool exchange is asking for. I delete all offers which are asking for bricks, because I need them to finish the shipyard. So my Tool exchange only has open offers to exchange slabs and glass for powertools (of which I have enough to finish the shipyard btw).
    I get almost only bricks from my trains; hardly any glass and slabs.

At first it was frustrating to receive only one of the 2 materials needed for the wolves enclosure; with selling them now and than I tried to even them out for a while. It didn’t help. Somewhere here I read that you only start getting the second material once you have enough of the first one. That was true.

I noticed something similar with the land expansion materials: I kept receiving shovels, shovels and shovels; hardly any axes and saws. The axes issue was new; saws allways had been scarce. I used to sell my overload of shovels; I kept receiving them as far most item. Once I stopped selling them and had about 10 or 15 pieces more then I needed I started getting axes (most) and saws.
    That ‘s the way it has been for my last 2 or 3 landexpansions.

Upgrading trains for XP has no effect on the type/quantity of material/tool we get. Sending as many trains as possible is the only way to eventually get what we need but we will get a lot of stuff we do not need at the same time.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Upgrading trains for XP has no effect on the type/quantity of material/tool we get. Sending as many trains as possible is the only way to eventually get what we need but we will get a lot of stuff we do not need at the same time.
    Graylady, what do you do with all the stuff the trains bring, being at your level?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvengirl View Post
    Graylady, what do you do with all the stuff the trains bring, being at your level?
    I sell most of them.

I keep 50 each expansions tools.
    I keep the barn tools as I still upgrade mine.
    I sell all the materials/tools related to buildings. I start collecting them again when I learn an update is on the way.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Thanks to all who have contributed to this discussion. I misinterpreted the information I read about train xp level making the trains more efficient then.

My next question is what does the train xp level do? Why have it if it serves no purpose?

Should I send this question to support?
    Town: Grace (Friend Invite: BWQ8K8 Full, but will put on wait list)
    Town Level: 122 - Platform: Android
    Co-op: Tatertowing (#67QE7S) - 3-member, 3 active, 1 racing

Town: Lavender Fields (Friend Invite: QJYQ8D Full, but will put on wait list)
    Town Level: 127 - Platform: Kindle Fire
    Co-op: Purple Patrons (#PURFSY) - Solo member

Member of Spending Suckers Club & Bonkers Club

Upgrading *anything* (trains, factories, islands) for XP only increases the speed at which you level up. Period.

So, if you want to level up fast, spend your ingots upgrading for XP. However, a lot of people stop upgrading trains and islands at level 21 (50% reduction in time) and I've stopped upgrading factories at level 27 (also 50% reduction in time). Naturally, the path for upgrades requires you choose XP sometimes but I only do that when I have no other choice.

Not everyone wants to level up quickly. As you will read on the forum, having too many CBs to build can cause problems or reaching a level when you don't have the coins to build a particular factory still has the planes and helicopter orders asking for products you cannot produce yet, meaning you have to buy them from the Marketplace, the Dealer (if you've hired him for T-Cash) or request from your co-op. Asking for help on filling the crates will only fill one per train or one per row on the airplane and you are still likely to need to provide some yourself.

As a side note, some of us, myself included, do not believe that the delivery of materials by the trains is anything but random, no hidden "algorithm" trying to balance out (or make scarce) one of the needed materials. I believe a lot of people look for "patterns in the chaos" and choose to believe some "intelligence" is behind how the trains work w.r.t materials. I don't. Lots of people are free to disagree with me on this point.