Thread: 29.10 Server Issues - Missing Friends RESOLVED

29.10 Server Issues - Missing Friends RESOLVED

Good news! We have checked our servers and eliminated the problem. You can access your friends lists now, and everything should be working fine.

If you still experience problems with your friends lists because of the server issues, please contact our Support Team: support@playrix.com

Thank you for your patience with us and your understanding.

Katie Repik
    I still have 2 (out of 5 total) friends I can't visit. I want to swap them out for friends I can visit. I have sent 3 request to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Repik View Post
    I still have 2 (out of 5 total) friends I can't visit. I want to swap them out for friends I can visit. I have sent 3 request to support.
    Katie it just dawned on me after I wrote the comment below, that you cannot unfollow because you cannot access the friend. Very sorry to be so DENSE!!!! lol. Hope your issue is resolved soon.

Hi Katie.

I imagine the support team has probably been buried in a sea of email help requests due to the server issue that lasted so long. It may take them awhile to get through them all. Is there anything you can do on your end to relieve your situation?

You don't mention if your 5 friends are followers (who you have no control over deleting) or people you followed (you can unfollow them).

Are you unable to get new friends without deleting the "dead wood" ones? I am not sure what you mean when you say "swap them out."
    Last edited by Nana; 10-29-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Correct my stupidity
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Katie Repik
    Thanks for your reply. That's it in a nutshell, can't access the friends I want to delete. I realize support is busy, I'm in no particular hurry and can wait. I would rather they work on universal issues first. I just mentioned it here in case someone else has a similar problem. In the meantime I think I'll bake a few pies.....

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Repik View Post
    Thanks for your reply. That's it in a nutshell, can't access the friends I want to delete. I realize support is busy, I'm in no particular hurry and can wait. I would rather they work on universal issues first. I just mentioned it here in case someone else has a similar problem. In the meantime I think I'll bake a few pies.....
    Katie, do you mean that you can't unfollow some friends?

Katie Repik
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuen Pham View Post
    Katie, do you mean that you can't unfollow some friends?
    Yes I have two friends I cannot access, and therefore cannot unfollow them.

Biscotto
    Hello, Im sorry if Im using this thread improperly.
    I dont even know if its a bug but I noticed that my friends avatars are not updated (in the list).
    I discovered it trying to match the pics on my train cars with the pics in the friend list. I had to go in the game center to find the updated avatar.

Hi Biscotto.

Isn't it all so confusing? You will drive yourself nuts, trying to figure it all out.

My Game Center friends only display with a photo in my game if it is the same as their Facebook photo. If you have a GC picture and a different FB picture, it is the FB picture that is used. If you only have a GC picture, no FB picture, all I see is a generic silhouette avatar above the name.

I finally had to create a list of my friends, different names used, and a description of their avatar - all nicely mapped out. For how long, who knows.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Biscotto
    Thanks Nana so no way to use names too (different in gc, fb and in game). Had to make the list, at least for the most active players.

Edit: should be a game cache anyway because I changed both my picture in fb and gc but I still see my old one when I fill a friend car.
    Last edited by Biscotto; 11-02-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Oh gawd, Biscotto, don't even get me started on all the different names I see for just one friend - multiply that by the remaining friends with similar multiple names and it is just mind numbing.

The game should have a hierarchy: (1) Game Center name & avatar; or (2) if no Game Center ID, then Facebook name and profile picture; or (3) if no GC or FB IDs; then Township player name and generic avatar.

Right now I feel like we have a mish mash of 1 and 2, with number 3 just being a question mark.
    Level 154
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air