Thread: Why is no one walking on the sand?

Why is no one walking on the sand?

I make a beach and no one comes. Sad. Where there is sand, there should be people in bathing suits. Also, why does no one walk on the grass? I made a big college campus with a large grassy area but no one came. I had to take out grass everywhere and put in concreted areas for people to come. Sad.

As you've seen, Sandra, our Townies will currently only walk on roads and paving, and not on landscape. The request for a transparent (or invisible) paving option is already on the List of Frequently Suggested Ideas because many others have wanted their townies to take to the grass or sand too. So here's hoping we get it one day!

I never thought about that before but, now that you mentioned it I want it, too
    MacBook with MacOS Mojave
    Township Love & Peace

I also know of a player, who used sand in their town to have townies NOT walk everywhere.
    I used that same thought with grass, when redesigning my town.

So, I hope the wording in the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list is understood by the Devs as it was meant, something *additionally*, NOT a change to the existing tiles.

Otherwise, I believe we would have the same outcry as we have seen here quite a few times already: that those who were content with what was there, had a reason to complain afterwards! when the Devs would just say: we did what you (those who spoke out, cos they were not content) asked for...
    So, let's have the "invisible overlay" additionally, pls.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

So, I hope the wording in the Frequently Suggested Ideas-list is understood by the Devs as it was meant, something *additionally*, NOT a change to the existing tiles.

Otherwise, I believe we would have the same outcry as we have seen here quite a few times already: that those who were content with what was there, had a reason to complain afterwards! when the Devs would just say: we did what you (those who spoke out, cos they were not content) asked for...
    So, let's have the "invisible overlay" additionally, pls.
    Oh I don't know.. there's a couple I wouldn't mind rendering invisible, lol. They could add the same transparent effect to the base of every Community Building and make all our design-lives easier, while they were at it

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Oh I don't know.. there's a couple I wouldn't mind rendering invisible, lol. They could add the same transparent effect to the base of every Community Building and make all our design-lives easier, while they were at it
    hey, lol! so far we have already (or only) the Hot-Dog-guy to save from your access...
    Your 2nd solution is what I'd hope for as well. I am just not sure it would be possible as 'simple' addition or whether it would mean doubling everything. And then we might have a problem...

I'd like to have beach goers too. The best you can do is add decorations, so I wouldn't mind more beach themed decorations as well. Maybe some kids building a sand castle, or surfers looking to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDog View Post
    ...The best you can do is add decorations, so I wouldn't mind more beach themed decorations as well. Maybe some kids building a sand castle, or surfers looking to go out.
    but then, please, not the same folks over and over in the decos, as it is now already (too) often... one woman with a purple blouse, one male kid with a cap and a turquoise shirt, the young man with the white shirt, and the woman with gloves and a very strange colo(u)r mix in her clothes.

Walking and Running

Please allow township residents to walk and run ON THE SAND AND ON THE GRASS!

Hi Bella, transparent/invisible paving that would allow townies to walk on landscapes is already on the List of Frequently Suggested Ideas. You can see the full list here.