Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interseasonal Regatta Task canceling

Interseasonal Regatta Task canceling

What happens if someone starts a task but is not able to finish it. If they cancel, does it penalize the other coop members doing tasks in the same chest?
    What happens to person that cancels?

Hi klucero, welcome to our Forum,
    If you cancel a task within the time the task demands, no harm is done to anyone. You or one of your coop buddies can pick up again to start (and finish) it.

Happy Towning
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 105/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Hi klucero, welcome to our Forum,
    If you cancel a task within the time the task demands, no harm is done to anyone. You or one of your coop buddies can pick up again to start (and finish) it.

Happy Towning
    I seem to recall a note about what happens to a cancelled task (not a failed / timed out one). Yes, it returns to "available" in the chest but I thought the time to complete the task was reduced by the amount of time the other person spent on it before cancelling it. I've not done that myself but I do remember reading that somewhere in the forum.

If that's the case the next person to take the task should be careful to note the amount of time left. Most tasks are "until the end of the regatta" but there are a few that have much smaller time limits.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I seem to recall a note about what happens to a cancelled task (not a failed / timed out one). Yes, it returns to "available" in the chest but I thought the time to complete the task was reduced by the amount of time the other person spent on it before cancelling it. I've not done that myself but I do remember reading that somewhere in the forum.

If that's the case the next person to take the task should be careful to note the amount of time left. Most tasks are "until the end of the regatta" but there are a few that have much smaller time limits.
    No the timer resets back to full time for whoever decides to take it. The only penalty is that the person who cancelled the task cannot retake it.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    No the timer resets back to full time for whoever decides to take it. The only penalty is that the person who cancelled the task cannot retake it.
    I've done the same task twice (in fact I ended up doing it three times ), after I'd dumped it during interseasonal. You have to wait 30 minutes before you can do it again, but you do get the full amount of time the second time round.

When you cancel a task are you penalized by a reduction of personal chests?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyderville View Post
    When you cancel a task are you penalized by a reduction of personal chests?
    If you're talking about the interseasonal regatta, no you're not penalized. You get a reward for the first nine completed chests that you do one or more tasks from.

You can do more than one task in a chest but you will only get one reward per chest. You can do tasks in more than nine chests but the chests have to be completed, either by you or someone else, before you get a reward, and only the first nine chests to be completed will count.

If you're going to fail a task because you don't have enough time left in interseasonal week, it's better to dump it because it becomes available again for someone to do to complete the chest, whereas if you let it time out, not just that task but the whole chest will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I've done the same task twice (in fact I ended up doing it three times ), after I'd dumped it during interseasonal. You have to wait 30 minutes before you can do it again, but you do get the full amount of time the second time round.
    Really? Makes the time limit pretty pointless then, they may as well just not have a timer on some of the tasks in that case.

Thanks for the info JJay, have to say I am shocked there is just a 30min penalty waiting time, but good to know .

ETA I never tried it before but just took and dumped a task and yes the info does come up saying exactly what you said (not that I doubted you ), so would be useful for certain tasks to dump and retake if you are running out of time which is what I mean about making the time allowance pointless to a degree.
    Last edited by Downton; 06-13-2019 at 01:02 AM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Thanks for the info