Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday Wishes - Happy Birthday To...

Happy October Birthday Z! ​​

Some more facts

1. The Anglo-Saxons called October Winterfylleth, meaning the ‘fullness’ of winter.

2. The town of Tübingen in Germany holds an annual rubber duck race every October.

3. The Finnish for October is lokakuu meaning “dirty month”.

4. The ‘October Revolution’ in Russia in 1917 took place in November, but at the time Russians had not yet changed from the Julian calendar.

5. A few famous people October babies share their Birthday month with:

-Julie Andrews
    - Hugh Jackman
    - Julia Roberts
    - Cliff Richard
    - Mahatma Gandhi
    - André Rieu (love him!
    )
    - Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Libra... so here we do it differently than before and use a different emoji than before for Libra:

Scorpio...

(I chose this one cos it moves)

and here's our little alien again:
    I love these little pics you find _DD_ and thank-you for your fun facts! I like how you colored each word. (well...at least the ones you could )

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Huh ... ich bin zwar Waage, aber mit Pastell kannste mich jagen ... I‘m a libra, but I‘ll run from pastels as fast as I can ...

I rather take to the scorpio colors, but then I‘m only a couple of days away from being a scorpio

Zimbelstern!

(no pastels in that banner! )

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Some more facts
    2. The town of Tübingen in Germany holds an annual rubber duck race every October.
    5. A few famous people October babies share their Birthday month with:

-Julie Andrews
    - Hugh Jackman
    Now...number 2...I would love to see that! How fun that would be to watch a lot of the adults...Oh Yes...Adults...running around getting their "ducks in a row".

Number 5...those would be mine!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 10-04-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Now...number 2...I would love to see that! How fun that would be to watch a lot of the adults...Oh Yes...Adults...running around getting their "ducks in a row".
    Now I googled it, thinking I might find a video for Twilight, and wow...

first is, the town of Tübingen has their own Wikipedia page: TüPedia - (contains 2 videos) - what a splendid idea!
    That one links to the general German Wikipedia about (rubber) Duck races, and there it mentions that the first was held in Ottawa; they're for fundraising and like a lottery.
    and there + then it goes on really international! f.e. here in the Wikimedia commons.
    That one is in English (didn't check whether the others can be changed), and has a lot of videos on the page, too.

so, that's one Fun Fact that can keep you busy! lol

Thanks everybody, actually, I‘ll keep your wishes fresh until the 19th

And - haha! - we‘ve got our own duck race in Kassel, where I live. It‘s called „Tigerentenrennen“ (tiger-duck-race) and is hold in may. Tigerente is a famous character of a childrens‘ book named „o, how beautiful is Panama“. It looks like that:

40F68143-B207-4722-BF05-F016ADC1247E.jpg

... Tigerente is a famous character of a childrens‘ book named „o, how beautiful is Panama“. It looks like that:

lol, Sachen gips! and how cute!

Now I googled it, thinking I might find a video for Twilight, and wow...

first is, the town of Tübingen has their own Wikipedia page: TüPedia - (contains 2 videos) - what a splendid idea!
    That one links to the general German Wikipedia about (rubber) Duck races, and there it mentions that the first was held in Ottawa; they're for fundraising and like a lottery.
    and there + then it goes on really international! f.e. here in the Wikimedia commons.
    That one is in English (didn't check whether the others can be changed), and has a lot of videos on the page, too.

so, that's one Fun Fact that can keep you busy! lol
    Thanks everybody, actually, I‘ll keep your wishes fresh until the 19th

And - haha! - we‘ve got our own duck race in Kassel, where I live. It‘s called „Tigerentenrennen“ (tiger-duck-race) and is hold in may. Tigerente is a famous character of a childrens‘ book named „o, how beautiful is Panama“. It looks like that:

Oh My! I had a lot of fun going through the links and watching videos, thank-you! And, now, I really want one of those Tigerente!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Oh My! I had a lot of fun going through the links and watching videos, thank-you! And, now, I really want one of those Tigerente!
    I‘ve got three! One made of rubber, one (the original one) made from wood. And a piece of soap, which I probably will never use

... And a piece of soap, which I probably will never use
    Wehe!

annnd - pictures?

Glad you liked what we found, Twilight!

I‘ve got three! One made of rubber, one (the original one) made from wood. And a piece of soap, which I probably will never use
    Oh! An original is such a wonderful keepsake.

Wehe!

annnd - pictures?

Glad you liked what we found, Twilight!

Lol...yes I agree...want to see the soap.

I did. I did indeed.

Here it is:

1CC0AB7C-6697-4167-BF9F-7870ED479E87.jpg

When the soap was new, the duck was easier to see

If I did use the soap, I‘d end up with a small rubber duck. My godchild had the same, when she was three - she has never since washed her hands so often...