Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Birthday Wishes - Happy Birthday To...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    psst, first pic doesn't show!

Aaaaaaaaagh!

I always do the advance settings and the pics show fine. I post...still shows fine. I leave and they leave too!

for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL!
    that is probably, cos you're carrying all that chocolate, yanno...
    so, every*thing* is running after you!

btw, it's a cute pic!
    Yes...this could be the problem. Need to hide the smell...hmmm...

Ok! Problem Solved!

(and ty )
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 12-01-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    .... I leave and they leave too! ....
    LOL!
    that is probably, cos you're carrying all that chocolate, yanno...
    so, every*thing* is running after you!

btw, it's a cute pic!
    Last edited by _DD_; 11-24-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Glad you liked it, Downton! :) can't believe Cuddz posted everywhere but here?! lol

Sorry I didn't post here earlier, think I posted everywhere else and missed this.
    I don't visit the lounge often, but no excuses, you can shout at me lol

Wow..Thank You All for the birthday wishes.
    I had a fun and fabulous day. A very tasty meal in the evening with family and friends. And if course a mandatory few drinks lol.

Glad to see you enjoyed your day too Downton, cake and chocolate are always good.

Thanks for the cake, choccies, popcorn and somewhere to sit whilst I eat them

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Sorry I didn't post here earlier, think I posted everywhere else and missed this.
    I don't visit the lounge often, but no excuses, you can shout at me lol
    lol, yep - won't shout, but a question: do you really go through all subfora to check? if so, I recommend to use the menu entry "new posts" above, when you come here. Then either "view new posts" (or again "new posts", can't check at the moment) - that will show the list in threads,
    and with right mouse click (PC) or tap on the little arrow in front of the title (tablet) it brings you to the ''first unread' in that thread.
    OR, the Activity Stream, that shows new stuff chronologically (read from bottom => up) and in posts, but also mentions the thread title.
    So you can decide quickly, what to read further, and don't overlook something easily.
    Anyway:

Glad to hear you had a great day!

Thank you fir that info DD.. Yes I go through them all...never thought to use the other ways...will do that n future,
    maybe then I won't miss things.

........Wow..Thank You All for the birthday wishes.
    I had a fun and fabulous day. A very tasty meal in the evening with family and friends. And if course a mandatory few drinks lol.

Glad to see you enjoyed your day too Downton, cake and chocolate are always good.
    Thanks Cuddz, and sounds like you had a lovely birthday!

Thank you fir that info DD.. Yes I go through them all...never thought to use the other ways...will do that n future,
    maybe then I won't miss things.
    Hope it will help, it's really faster. Try out what you like better
    and btw, it's also a possibility to open those you want to read in a new tab (hold on the arrow-symbol or use right mouse click), and keep the list of "new stuff" as a checklist in the first tab. Afterwards (after reading/replying) you tap on "Mark forums read" - is also a Menu entry in the Tab with the "New posts"-list - and you're all set for a fresh view next time.
    That "procedure" is also helpful, cos this forum marks everything as read, at least on the tablet, simply when you have been in here a while, and then finding the new stuff is more awkward.

For Those Born In December!

sketch-1575214607030.jpg

dec bday_1.jpg

December Fun Facts:

- Zodiacs: Sagittarius (Nov 23-Dec 21) & Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) (inspired by _DD_ & Downton)
    - Stone: is turquoise, which represents prosperity, success, and good fortune.
    - Flower(s): narcissus, which symbolizes good wishes, faithfulness and respect (per ftd)
    - December: the 12th and final month of the year. It's name comes from the Latin word "decem" meaning "ten", because it was the tenth month in the Roman calendar.
    - December 21st or 22nd is the Winter Soltice.
    - This also is a good month for viewing meteor showers: The Andromedids and nine others! Out of these the Geminids are the most active.
    - The first artificial christmas tree was made in Germany and created out of dyed feathers.
    - The song "Jingle Bells" was originally written as a Thanksgiving song. Hmmm...trying to picture singing it then.
    - National Egg Nog Month...mmm... But being a cold month you would think Hot Chocolate!

And of course my most favorite day ever...December 28th...Chocolate Day! (ok...so it is just one of many...but I'll take it!)

(yes...it's a birthday present! )

Add your fun facts!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 12-03-2019 at 02:17 PM. Reason: good catch _DD_! thx :)
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quite some interesting stuff, Twilight! I have to be back again for adding "my fun facts".
    But now already, of course:

Herzliche Glückwünsche für die Dezember-Geburtstagskinder!

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    December Fun Facts:

- Zodiacs: Sagittarius (Nov 23-Dec 21) & Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) (inspired by _DD_ & Downton)
    - Stone: is turquoise, which represents prosperity, success, and good fortune.
    - Flower(s): narcissus, which symbolizes good wishes, faithfulness and respect (per ftd)
    ~ Twilight, I've left out the Scorpio, I think it was just an oversight in deletion?

sooo... no-one here complaining about their missing birthday well-wishers?! Where is everyone?
    And do we have really nooo December-children [who dare to come out of hiding]?!

in any case, here are the other additions and fun facts!

For Sagittarius, first post was in November and first emojs - quite unusual ones - are here.
    We have further:
    - grim, eh!

a rather famous, hence almost common presentation

and our little alien again:

For Capricorn, we have these this month:
    hm.. a mixture between a cat (or a bear), ear-wise, and a fish... Sure, why not.

Here's the more common presentation:

or maybe not *G*

Anyway, alien-wise, they have capricorns, too:

New Fun Facts: colo(u)rs

Sagittarius => purple, plum and dark blue.

Capricorn => Black, Dark Brown and Charcoal Grey.

(source - and btw, just where it was found; it has nice explanations there, but is not a life philosophy nor meant here as anything else/serious to debate)

So, all Dec-birthday "children", have a wonderful month!

Last edited by _DD_; 12-03-2019 at 01:47 PM.