Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colour Splash - I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by just_a_minute View Post
    THANK YOU!! I have always hated this event but mostly because I did not understand what the combos did for me.

Now I am placing first in my group without spending any t-cash and I've finally finished all of the personal goals. I think the frustration for me lessened when I started focusing all of my efforts on getting two color fireworks next to each other to clear the board (again, thank you _DD_!). Usually my first few plays are spent trying to get more playable cubes on the board to work with, then I go for the two color fireworks. 9 times out of 10 that works for me and I try to just let it go if it doesn't. Once I get them together, I spend any leftover plays making single rockets. This strategy has made the game more enjoyable for me. ...
    My pleasure, just_a_minute; very happy to hear it works for you, too And eggsactly re. the "leftovers", lol - one mustn't forget to make rockets!
    Another nice combo, IIRC, is rocket and bomb side by side, which clears three! rows and! lines together. Often helpful to get some more tiles on the board at all! - Some better description would be helpful indeed, but I see in other games even less, pfft.
    At least they let here re-start the double-count-bonus simply in every next/new level again; that's a nice motivational bit, too.

wishing you continued good luck!

A friend & I compete every event to get top 3 to collect the pictures, but this time the pictures are a repeat. So she can relax this event since she has both, I however have to compete for my top 3. I wish this affected how more players played, but they see $50 tcash & they salivate & knock everyone out of their way to get to the top!

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    I wish this affected how more players played, but they see $50 tcash & they salivate & knock everyone out of their way to get to the top!
    Raises hand... $50 Tcash is a LOT for someone who doesn't pay to play! I've had the same profile pic since the beginning so those aren't a draw for me. I wouldn't have played this event at all for $20 and some zoo cards. Developers are pretty smart to make it worth it for players with different incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Well if so, I'm not feeling the benefit

I usually breeze through Colour Splash, but not this time.
    Same here. Used to be able to finish all the goals, but I just quit tonight with only four goals done. Got tired of failing level after level. It feels like they took a lot of turns out, it's just blind luck for most of them. I don't think I'll bother with this event any more.

I don't like playing any of the "match shape/color" or "tile swap" games, but I do like this version as a mini-game. It seems that painting the blocks are much easier to fill in this mini-game compared with the other mini-games (i.e. the Smoothie and Bridge Events). I do find certain levels difficult, especially the ones with the frozen brown boxes . . . or the ones that require the Rocket to clear the separate boxes in an off-site area (where the colors can't reach them).

A nice Event this was again!
    My Arctic Wolf family was completed with the Card boxes given as achievement.
    And becoming 4th (with a little teasing nr 3 ) I even got two box coupons back after loosing at least seven since last update.
    Just missing 21 bricks to complete the enclosure...

Looking forward to next event!

I tell you what...I was in the top 1-5 for a bit. (no tcash)

Got thru all the personal goals. (no tcash)

Was very excited to maintain top 3 position(s) after that. (still....no tcash)

Until...I saw I still had three....three more days of the event to go.

I quit...lol...

(and still..no tcash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    I tell you what...I was in the top 1-5 for a bit. (no tcash)

Got thru all the personal goals. (no tcash)

Was very excited to maintain top 3 position(s) after that. (still....no tcash)

Until...I saw I still had three....three more days of the event to go.

I quit...lol...

(and still..no tcash!)
    And you had (and still have) a lot of fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    And you had (and still have) a lot of fun!!!!!
    Yes!

I completed the requirements for the Infinity Steps prize tier with 4 hours to spare! I attained my goal in this mini-game event and placed the new decoration in my Zoo. As for T-Cash, I don't buy it, but I did use 20 T-Cash to continue (on 2 separate levels).