Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colour Splash - I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
    After my big whinge I guess I better admit both my main and baby accounts are placing in this event. That said no skill is involved ... I just tap randomly and hope for the best.
    I understand what you want to say. Color Splash is challanging. But saying no skill needed and tap random?
    There are a few simple things you need to understand. Simply tapping cubes / blocks of the same colour for making room understands everybody I guess. Try to predict what happens next if you tap a row of the same coloured cubes. How can you be smarter than the game. Try to make smart choises to make your next move a winner.
    When the game gets more difficult and lesser tries..... you have to try to bring 2 rockets next to each other. That will clear the horizontal and the vertical line in which the rockets are in the first place. If you want to clear a section of 3 rows vertical as well horizontal.... try to bring 1 bomb and one rocket next to eachother. Preferably in the spot where it hurts most (for the the cubes).
    If you want to clear the whole field try to bring all bombs, rockets, arrows (fireworks) next to eachother. They will clear the field.
    If there is #%$&* gumm in the field.... you have to tap faster.
    And yes, a bit of luck everybody needs.

Normally I really like this game, I'm quite good at it, even started playing another similar game as I enjoyed this so much. But this time I'm only beating about half the levels and very rarely on the first go. Not sure if it is just bad luck or if they really have made it harder.

Debating just buying the steps deco, so much less stressful and really not in desperate need of any of the other prizes...I have enough homeless animals as it is.

Reading these posts... yes, definitely they made it much harder than it was. Half of levels is only a matter of luck, not skill - will I get the colors I need or not? Pity, I liked this event, but now it's much more frustrating than fun. So I just got all personal awards and byebye ...

I haven't even finished yet. I feel like the events have been over in a flash for me just recently, and maybe they've gone a little too far the other way with this one. It can't be an easy balance to strike, though, so hopefully the difficulty will be adjusted downwards a bit for next time around.

In the meantime, I'm going to finish my personal rewards and bail out.

Normally I hate match-3 games because I get stuck. But since you get 3 tries and can move on that doesn't affect me. I find that if you save up a lot of blocks and play multiple games in a row it works out better. Once I miss two or three games in a row I quit for awhile. Then later it seems that easier puzzles come up for awhile.
    There is skill involved, you have to plan your next move to line up as many rockets and bombs as possible.
    If I get an easy puzzle and have a lot of moves left I make sure I have my last move covered then make as many rockets as I can with the remaining moves. This can make up for some losses in the harder levels.

Now I seem to remember...... Didnt Playrix put in a small update last year? This to make the Color Splash event a little bit easier. I think they did. Actually I am quite sure they did.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    IOW: in most levels I just "work on" getting two fireworks together, to clear the board.
    THANK YOU!! I have always hated this event but mostly because I did not understand what the combos did for me.

Now I am placing first in my group without spending any t-cash and I've finally finished all of the personal goals. I think the frustration for me lessened when I started focusing all of my efforts on getting two color fireworks next to each other to clear the board (again, thank you _DD_!). Usually my first few plays are spent trying to get more playable cubes on the board to work with, then I go for the two color fireworks. 9 times out of 10 that works for me and I try to just let it go if it doesn't. Once I get them together, I spend any leftover plays making single rockets. This strategy has made the game more enjoyable for me.

All of that said, I live for decor, and color splash decor isn't really my style. It looks like kiddie stuff, but I guess I can put it in the zoo. The balloon house that looks like the movie "Up" is cute though

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianahofstad View Post
    Now I seem to remember...... Didnt Playrix put in a small update last year? This to make the Color Splash event a little bit easier. I think they did. Actually I am quite sure they did.
    Well if so, I'm not feeling the benefit

I usually breeze through Colour Splash, but not this time.

Bess: I mean Playrix did a small update last year after complaints. So the already existing event became easier.
    This year it seems they keep the hard version online.....

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianahofstad View Post
    Bess: I mean Playrix did a small update last year after complaints. So the already existing event became easier.
    This year it seems they keep the hard version online.....
    Ahhh, I see what you mean