Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more gems for planes if you get help

No more gems for planes if you get help

We noticed if you go to your airport and click on the question mark in the top left corner that one image says there is no bonus chest if you get others to help fill your plane. Apparently you have to fill every crate yourself or miss out on all your bonuses for sending it off.

At first we thought this must be a mistranslation but the Russian and French say the same thing.

We still get a bonus chest and it doesn't seem to be different but are we missing out on experience, coins, or additional bonuses because we ask for help? We do it all the time as a way to get a steady supply of clovers.

It this something that was meant for an update but was changed? Or is this going to be changed in the near future?

You took our gems from the zoo, taking them from our plane
    If we get help seems really mean spirited.

My gut tells me this is a mistranslation that has always been in the game but was never noticed and/or corrected. I think what they meant is the following (taken from the official TS help FAQ): you have to send planes before time runs out to receive a reward. If you fail to do so and the plane takes off without your consent, you lose your reward even when all cargo holds are fully loaded.

This is not the first time that an instruction (found by clicking a ? in an in game feature) has had errors. I can't remember the specifics now, but I remember another one that I noticed months ago (maybe related to regatta?).

Perhaps this issue can be forwarded to Anna to clear things up?

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the current English text for reference:
    IMG_9372.jpg
    I'm guessing that last line should really say something like: You will only get a reward chest if you've SENT the plane without any assistance. (meaning you actually hit the Send Now button yourself and didn't just let "the game" do the work for you by having the plane leave on its own when it times out).

EDIT #2: LOL Graylady Great minds...
    Last edited by kitty4715; 06-07-2019 at 03:19 AM.

Just saw the same message in English in my game. I have sent many planes with helps and received my chest. I have no idea where that message come from.

township-airplane.jpg

Maybe Anna could clarify ?

Sorry Kitty, your post showed up only after I posted mine LOL
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 202, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Saw this on fb & looked it up as well. I found it on the wiki page too: https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Airplane

Guess it has been like that for awhile? I still get my chests and gems regardless if a friend helps or not.

Do Not Change That Playrix!

Well...at least fix the wording...
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

This has already been sent for clarification, so as soon as we hear anything, we’ll let you know.

In the meantime: I sent a plane yesterday, and this morning, with helps and I got a gem in each chest (one green, one red), so I’m definitely thinking it’s just weird wording.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.

At first we thought it was a mistranslation but one of our members is Russian. Apparently it says the same thing in Russian, the native language of Playrix. It's not a mistranslated but it could be an error. It would be nice to know if they are removing bonus chests from planes and changing how many clovers we can earn.

I get all the bonuses with a gem even if I ask for help so definitely something else going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Joy View Post
    At first we thought it was a mistranslation but one of our members is Russian. Apparently it says the same thing in Russian, the native language of Playrix. It's not a mistranslated but it could be an error. It would be nice to know if they are removing bonus chests from planes and changing how many clovers we can earn.
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but Playrix is registered in Ireland and the last time I checked the Irish speak English.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    ... Playrix is registered in Ireland and the last time I checked the Irish speak English.
    you had to check? *G*

As Nevada said above, they have asked Playrix for clarification. So we'll see.
    It wouldn't be the first time, that the original writer was trying to emphasize something (here, that the plane must be sent by the player to get the rewards, not by time-out) and therefore overdid it a bit / the focus was elsewhere. And indeed, that text then was translated.

And as far as Playrix is described, both on their own company page and in Wikipedia, they were founded (2004) in Wologda, Russia - which is why every player of their earlier games (PC-based) remembers them as Russian.

Sometime they "changed" somehow (dunno the word in English) - probably when they lost their dragon!! -
    and became the PLR Worldwide Sales Limited, in Ireland. I know of at least one other big game company and portal, which is situated in the US and had some of their offices in Ireland. Seems that business is offered there.
    Now they state on their company overview page that it isn't a factor for them where the employees are situated. As far as I see from the Admin/Site leader page here, many are still in Russia.
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-08-2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: added another link :)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's town View Post
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but Playrix is registered in Ireland and the last time I checked the Irish speak English.
    Playrix is definitely a Russian company.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

Leader of Franklin's Co-op. #FRERU5

”What if this storm ends, and leaves us nothing,
    Except a memory; a distant echo”.