Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoo - is it worth it?

I think the zoo is very much worth it. Initially I felt the same as others that its a drain on resources and slows down the game. When you get to higher levels the zoo provides a great resource for jewels and other prizes. Also if you don't have the zoo you miss out on heaps of decorations, particularly trees! Breeding the animals also rewards you with much needed town cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Rawlinson View Post
    I think the zoo is very much worth it. Initially I felt the same as others that its a drain on resources and slows down the game. When you get to higher levels the zoo provides a great resource for jewels and other prizes. Also if you don't have the zoo you miss out on heaps of decorations, particularly trees! Breeding the animals also rewards you with much needed town cash.
    I agree: doing zoo opens some very nice deco.

And there are 2 things I use zoo for: storing stuff (as I had lost a deco a few times, vanished into thin air) and I do orders to earn coins (I fill the easy part and let others fill the tough ones). That's it.

I liked the shops in the old zoo, the selling etc. Also very convenient in regatta-cointasks. It was active.
    Ever since the new zoo started I have been unhappy: it’s not vivid, not active, it's just very confusing (the whole cardsystem, getting cards for animals while their enclosure have not even been build, or having open enclosures waiting for months, years, for the right animals). I quit while waiting endlessly for tools for black crowned crane-enclosure. Just fed up getting hardly tools, and then needing over 300 totally, while needing barnspace for building up town whenever there is a new update with new expansions, community buildings.

So my advice:
    look at the zoo-deco. If there is some you really really want start zoo, see how it goes, if it's too tough quit until you feel up to it.
    If there is no haste, or don’t care that much I would focuss on the town for now anyway. That¡s tough enough without all the zoostress added.

PS I just now see this is the windows-section. I play IOS. Is there a big difference between zoo windows and zoo IOS??? Does my comment make any sense in here?
    Last edited by Zelda; 08-09-2019 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added PS

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    PS I just now see this is the windows-section. I play IOS. Is there a big difference between zoo windows and zoo IOS??? Does my comment make any sense in here?
    Windows still have the old zoo with the zoo shops, so they can earn much more selling stuff in the zoo compared to what we get filling orders in the new zoo.
    So does your comment make sense here? Some of it, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    So does your comment make sense here? Some of it, not so much
    I think (all of) it does - it is an outlook for Windows players, what will happen. And they can think NOW about how to prepare.

My answer was not so much DD as a Windows user may well not be aware of the new zoo. I was not suggesting it wasn't useful.

ETA I was also just having a little bit fun with Zelda
    Last edited by Downton; 08-09-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ETA I was also just having a little bit fun with Zelda
    Glad I got away with only that as I had clearly not be reading well, ending up in the windows-section LOL!

But..... a, I am jealous!! (a bit), the old zoo!! The shops!! I never would have guessed they still have that as we have the new zoo for sooooooo long now......

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
    Glad I got away with only that as I had clearly not be reading well, ending up in the windows-section LOL!

But..... a, I am jealous!! (a bit), the old zoo!! The shops!! I never would have guessed they still have that as we have the new zoo for sooooooo long now......
    Lol Zelda

I know, I am a little jealous and surprised that the shops still exist even now on Windows. If it wasn't that Windows seem to have a problem with their players zoos disappearing I would be completely and utterly 100% jealous! .

On Android I started my Zoo as soon as it was available.
    With the Zoo shops high upgraded and with hot items delivered by Raya it was for shure a financial goose with golden eggs.
    And I really love to mange and decorate a Zoo by myself.
    Both good reasons to start a Zoo.

A year ago or so I started a Town on my PC.
    Reading on this Forum the problems of vanishing Zoos kept me from opening the Zoo in my Windows Town.
    And with the very slow progress in getting new updates I stopped playing there.
    What is the use of investing time knowing Playrix has low attention for Windows players?

But that is just my opinion.
    Live itself is filled with risks and you never know if you are the one that is living on the edge at the moment concerning your Windows Zoo.

Happy Towning
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

Playing 14 months; level 153; barn 2010. The game reduced the coin needed for enclosures, but not the building materials. I just finished my last enclosure this morning -- 500 building materials taking up prime barn space. I like the way my zoo looks but not planning to buy any future enclosures unless the game significantly reduces needed building martials. I fill zoo orders for regatta also as Eliraven does -- I will pay to pull in 3 zoo orders for a 135 task. Zoo requests are excessive. I have dropped 3 friends for asking for 9 rolls of rubber and leaving the request up for as much as a week. I will only help or ask for help at the zoo for island products, as we often have extra and can help if we have an overage of bananas, peaches, etc.

I hate the zoo. I want to play town. That's why I installed this game. If I want to play zoo, I will go and find zoo games