Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's grunt about Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I was looking for something on Etsy so, while i was there, i did a pig search. Tons of stuff including a t-shirt that said “I was normal three pigs ago”....
    *g* Ooooof so it is too late for us already! *g*
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ... did bought some Elephants then but I didn't share the picture of them. To busy with those Farmies I guess
    aha! who gave you permission to decorate your home w/o showing us?! huh?
    and what are Farmies, btw?

So to answer your question:"Yes, it is in the same town but we visited only a few shops.
    Thanks! I do appreciate answers
    but not enough time you spent there, or it is a pity they were closed. Maybe you should move there?

Tell Anne my thanks also and that I admire her for her stamina It's really sweet of her (ok, of you both ) to dedicate your free days to this, and to show us that all, even if you two enjoy it yourselves. < group hug >

I mean to say: you have not seen them all yet....
    well, don't hold back! LOL
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-08-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: LOL, Maggie, I don't get (it with) the T-shirt, but sounds funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thank your wife Anne from me please Ruud, that was so kind of her, and great choices too. I really appreciate the art of metalwork
    A nice surprise for her! She says "Hi and you're welcome!"

I misread when you said heavy metal pig, I was looking for a musical (head banging) heavy metal dressed pig, LMAO
    pig iron 100.jpg
    Something like this, right?
    A well-considered choice of words in this case and maybe there is a Target audience who really like to grunge about Pigs! *G*

I love,love, love the doorbell, how eagle eyed of you to spot it. The coat hanger is something I hadn't even considered you could get. Oh my I sense a major obsession coming on.
    You have awakened the beast
    In this shop (without Elephants!) there were so many Farm animals, but it was difficult shoot them all (on camere) without rebuilding the whole store *g*

Other pics I will share in Sheep and Chicken thread.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 06-08-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added links
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    aha! who gave you permission to decorate your home w/o showing us?! huh?
    and what are Farmies, btw?
    Well, that first one I'll make up with you, need to change the lights under my displays and so I will take you by the hand when I start the rebuild of the biotopes. I am sure that newbies will be seen then
    And Uhm I was looking for a shortcut word for Farm animals. Our Town inhabitants are called Townies, so why not Farmies for the Farm Animals !?!
    Who is in for that???
    but not enough time you spent there, or it is a pity they were closed. Maybe you should move there?
    I guess a combination of those two and the fact that Anne already had some health issues during walking made me choose this short walk (with big loot though)

Tell Anne my thanks also and that I admire her for her stamina It's really sweet of her (ok, of you both ) to dedicate your free days to this, and to show us that all, even if you two enjoy it yourselves. < group hug >
    She says:"Thank you DD!" and Yes, we do walk this walk together an have a lot of fun in doing it!

well, don't hold back! LOL
    Like I said, more will follow
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 06-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.

And Uhm I was looking for a shortcut word for Farm animals. Our Town inhabitants are called Townies, so why not Farmies for the beasts!?! ...
    animals, pls and n/p at all, fine choice, but as you made it up, you must be prepared to explain it Thanks!

short excursion re you quoting me above: you need to add the tag for closing the quote in your post
    Just go in Edit mode and type [ /quote] behind "my last word" in that sentence,
    WITH the 2 square brackets, but WITHOUT the blank before the slash /
    - which I had to add here to make it visible.

I guess a combination of those two and the fact that Anne already had some health issues during walking made me choose this short walk (with big loot though)
    sure. And definitely a big success!
    The emphasis was more on my suggestion for you two to move there.
    That way you could concentrate really on discovering the treasures of that town. :-D
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-08-2019 at 10:19 AM.

DD, You are correct in that multiple answering partsto a quote, sometime a little unclear to me and sometimes I forget something.
    About moving to Limburg:
    - First thing that keeps me from it is the 12 years to go before my retirement. It would mean finding a new job in an area with a declining economy (and I really love my job!)
    Starting a shop there will take a huge investment and Banks these days are not really enthusiastic to lent you money to start a business like that(the young owner of one of the Elephant shops told me) and hospitality and tourism are not really my cup of tea to make a living in.
    And although there is a little change that the European Song contest could be organized in Maastricht (Capital of Provence of Limburg) and brings more tourism to that place I don't prefer to take that step.
    - Second thing is the even longer distance from children and grandchildren that will keep us from making that move. Anne sometimes mentions to move to North-Brabant so who know in near future a move to that province is possible.
    - and third thing is that there are more cities in the Netherlands that are nice to visit once in awhile and discover new things over there

About moving to Limburg:
    - First thing that keeps me from it ...
    And although there is a little change that the European Song contest could be organized in Maastricht (Capital of Provence of Limburg) and brings more tourism to that place I don't prefer to take that step.
    - Second thing is ...
    - and third thing is ...
    wow, that was some serious thinking about it! aaaall considered, even ESC, LOL!
    Thanks - can't ask more than that, esp. as the expectation was indeed that you wouldn't say "yes" to the question.

We have actually given some serious thought to getting a pet pig Ruud, but its a big undertaking we are not ready for right now. In the UK also you need a licence to walk your pig, LMAO
    walk the Pig.jpg
    I can imagine keeping a pet pig is easier said than done.
    Maybe there are Forummers that can help you with their experiences?

You don't have to get one tomorrow and I am sure you will work this out properly.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 06-09-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Attachment 42957
    I can imagine keeping a pet pig is easier said than done.
    Maybe there are Forummers that can help you with their experiences?

You don't have to get one tomorrow and I am sure you will work this out properly.
    Yes you are right, wanting one is the easy part . There is no such thing as real micro pigs despite what people think. I remember a few years ago when it was fashionable to get these and so many owners found themselves with full grown pigs that they didn't know what to do with (the lucky ones had ones that stayed relatively small but not micro), very sad . That being said as long as you are aware of what you are taking on they make amazing pets. We have a small front and back garden for the pig to enjoy after making some changes to them for it. Predominantly it will be a house piggy and yes it would be great to hear others experience in the matter .

Longpiggie.jpg Piglets.jpg Piglets2.jpg
     piglet.jpg 4inarow.jpg Pigletherd.jpg
    A little sign of life for my special friends