Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's grunt about Pigs

Downton, I love that tiny charm that opens up. But it is so small you couldn't fit anything in it surely?

The Boggus pigs are very docile and slow, because of the number of children who live here it was decided that would be a consideration. We don't have piglets yet. Hoping they aren't too cute as we don't want the kids to become too attached.

I don't know the TV show you are all talking about, but I did love Astrid Lundgren as a child and the story sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I love sterling silver jewellery and gemstones. I make jewellery also. I have collected a few silver pig charms which I have on traditional charm bracelets which I love. Here is a small sample of some of them .
    The third picture is the inside of the second charm. The last one (the boar) is a miniature Edwardian type pin cushion but I have attached it to my bracelet by its curly tail! These cuties are all on an old charm bracelet I inherited from my Grandma, which has other charms as well
    These are looking great and what a treasure your Grandma gave you!
    Back in the bungalow from our citytrip to Valkenburg and: Yes there were Pigs to see too!
    IMG_20190606_151304.jpg IMG_20190606_151156.jpg
    Found these two that fit with your jewellery and the other pictures will be here soon
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Thanks Ash, yes you are right you can't fit anything in it. It's hard to see in the pic but it opens to reveal a rack of ribs!

Oh Ruud what gems you have found, I would not be able to resist the ones in the second pic they are so sweet .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Oh Ruud what gems you have found, I would not be able to resist the ones in the second pic they are so sweet .
    Yes, D. I already thougt you would like them.
    They were not the first Pigs we've seen.

IMG_20190606_150728.jpg IMG_20190606_150952.jpg
    The first one were these cuties...

And of course there were several Pig statues:
    IMG_20190606_151700.jpg IMG_20190606_151915.jpg
    Like this Sir and Lady Curly Tail and their far Cousin Lord Brush Hair
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

In pic 1 and two they are adorable, I mean look at those little piggies eyes!

Now Sir and Lady Curly Tail and their far Cousin Lord Brush Hair, LOL! They would fit in the ugly cute category for me. I would definitely find a home for Lord Brush Hair, he has a very strange appeal to him .

I am amazed at what you find on your travels Ruud, thank you for sharing these wonderful & unique ornaments. I may have to look at making my collection bigger (in actual size and not only amount). They just make me smile looking at them

Thank you Downton!
    I asked my wife Anne to assist me on this search 'with new focus' and she saw the silver Pig and the four Bronze(?) ones behind the glass.
    The humanized pigs and pigs are indeed beautiful in ugliness and not my first choice. But nice to share

We also found the following specimens:
    IMG_20190606_151033.jpg IMG_20190606_151730.jpg
    A heavy metal Piggy bank. An alternative doorbell in case pigs can fly

IMG_20190606_151459.jpg and some others whose pics that I have to edit first to place them here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    The humanized pigs and pigs are indeed beautiful in ugliness ...

LOL, Ruud, that vacation was good for your (un)stress levels!
    sorry I've lost the overview of what was where, but did you find out what connects this/these town(s) so much to pigs??
    (that are different towns than the other with all the chicken..?)
    Last edited by _DD_; 06-07-2019 at 08:18 PM. Reason: GREAT stuff, Downton! :)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, Ruud, that vacation was good for your (un)stress levels!
    sorry I've lost the overview of what was where, but did you find out what connects this/these town(s) so much to pigs??
    (that are different towns than the other with all the chicken..?)
    To get some overview myself I studied the 'Sheep' - thread and found out that our last trip to Valkenburg started here. The focus at that time was not on Pigs and I guess that is why you/we missed them in the chat about the farm animals we've seen. Reading about that trip and watching the photos of that trip on my phone tells me that we did bought some Elephants then but I didn't share the picture of them. To busy with those Farmies I guess

So to answer your question:"Yes, it is in the same town but we visited only a few shops.
    One of the reasons for the small amount of shops is the fact that a couple of gift shops are closed because of the age of their owners and there was no one to follow-up. Another reason was the visit to the Cable Car of Valkenburg where Anne found out to have fear of heights just after her feet left the ground and the 'gondola' went up hill.
    Saying "Cheese" while making a Memory photo for her was High Drama school, she wasn't happy at all at that moment.
    We stayed at the top for about an hour for lunch and coffee break.
    It was a big relief for her to hear that she could walk downstairs instead of taking the Cable car again but that walk was a little to much for her to take a wider walking tour.

So next to six new Elephant statues (which are shared this afternoon in the Elephant-thread) we found a big bunch of Farmies too.
    I mean to say: you have not seen them all yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Thank you Downton!
    I asked my wife Anne to assist me on this search 'with new focus' and she saw the silver Pig and the four Bronze(?) ones behind the glass.
    The humanized pigs and pigs are indeed beautiful in ugliness and not my first choice. But nice to share

We also found the following specimens:
    IMG_20190606_151033.jpg IMG_20190606_151730.jpg

IMG_20190606_151459.jpg and some others whose pics that I have to edit first to place them here...
    Thank your wife Anne from me please Ruud, that was so kind of her, and great choices too. I really appreciate the art of metalwork

I misread when you said heavy metal pig, I was looking for a musical (head banging) heavy metal dressed pig, LMAO

I love,love, love the doorbell, how eagle eyed of you to spot it. The coat hanger is something I hadn't even considered you could get. Oh my I sense a major obsession coming on.
    You have awakened the beast
    Last edited by Downton; 06-07-2019 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Thanks DD :D

I was looking for something on Etsy so, while i was there, i did a pig search. Tons of stuff including a t-shirt that said “I was normal three pigs ago”....
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦