Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's grunt about Pigs

Let's grunt about Pigs

What is your favorite, cuties, funniest, ugliest, most 'wanted to have', most famous, most 'whatever' Pig in or out of your Town?

20190605_235048.jpg
    Do you have one as Pet like the Townie that let it walk like a dog?
    Do you collect Pig statues as a hobby?

Let's grunt about Pigs!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

No favourites-all pigs are equal

...but some pigs are more equal than others.

We have just got pigs at the farm type/ smallholding/ stables we live at. Cornish Black, they are huge and very slow, currently my favourites...not sure how I will feel when it comes time to make bacon though, not sure Township is quite accurate on how all that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post

We have just got pigs at the farm type/ smallholding/ stables we live at. Cornish Black, they are huge and very slow, currently my favourites...not sure how I will feel when it comes time to make bacon though, not sure Township is quite accurate on how all that works.
    Ooh I do like Boggus, but have a really soft spot for Tamworths.
    Your place called Animal Farm, by any chance? Located on the road to Wigan Pier, purchased in 1984 perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ......Do you have one as Pet like the Townie that let it walk like a dog?
    Do you collect Pig statues as a hobby?

Let's grunt about Pigs!
    I love sterling silver jewellery and gemstones. I make jewellery also. I have collected a few silver pig charms which I have on traditional charm bracelets which I love. Here is a small sample of some of them .

sterling silver 3g pig charm.jpg vintage sterling silver pig charm opens to reveal pork ribs chops 5.5g.jpg vintage sterling silver pig charm opens to reveal pork ribs chops 5.5g.2.jpg sterling silver pin cushion pig 20.1g.jpg

The third picture is the inside of the second charm. The last one (the boar) is a miniature Edwardian type pin cushion but I have attached it to my bracelet by its curly tail! These cuties are all on an old charm bracelet I inherited from my Grandma, which has other charms as well .

We have actually given some serious thought to getting a pet pig Ruud, but its a big undertaking we are not ready for right now. In the UK also you need a licence to walk your pig, LMAO .

........currently my favourites...not sure how I will feel when it comes time to make bacon though, not sure Township is quite accurate on how all that works.
    Lol Ash
    Last edited by Downton; 06-05-2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Just noticed it gives description of the charms I uploaded from my folders anyway :b

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    No favourites-all pigs are equal
    Your place called Animal Farm, by any chance? Located on the road to Wigan Pier, purchased in 1984 perhaps?
    Pigs in Movies and TV series Hu!?!
    Well, knowing Asdust's preference for thiny houses I guess there will not raise any Orwell's dictatorship in her town any soon

A Movie Pig I remember by name was about that talking Piglet 'Babe', just a little to sweet and to obvious for me.
    On the other hand I remember in the Swedish TV serie 'Emil' there was one episode with a piglet in it too.
    emil-de-super-bengel-(dvd).jpg
    Emil is a small boy who's adventures always ends up with him locked in a small shed carving Wooden figurines.
    One day he finds cherries in the orchard and starts collecting them. But they are 'a bit over the date' and that's why he feeds them to a piglet. That piglet first starts to run a bit wry and finally falls asleep. Drunk? Yes really! And then the moment arrives when his Father comes home and discovers what has happened ... "Emil? ... EEEEMMMIIIILLLLLL !!!!
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

Pigs in Movies and TV series Hu!?!
    Well, knowing Asdust's preference for thiny houses I guess there will not raise any Orwell's dictatorship in her town any soon

A Movie Pig I remember by name was about that talking Piglet 'Babe', just a little to sweet and to obvious for me.
    On the other hand I remember in the Swedish TV serie 'Emil' there was one episode with a piglet in it too.
    emil-de-super-bengel-(dvd).jpg
    Emil is a small boy who's adventures always ends up with him locked in a small shed carving Wooden figurines.
    One day he finds cherries in the orchard and starts collecting them. But they are 'a bit over the date' and that's why he feeds them to a piglet. That piglet first starts to run a bit wry and finally falls asleep. Drunk? Yes really! And then the moment arrives when his Father comes home and discovers what has happened ... "Emil? ... EEEEMMMIIIILLLLLL !!!!
    I know this series, in Germany it was called "Michel aus Lönneberga" based on the children's book from Astrid Lindgren. I loved her stories as a child an my daughters also
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW

Ooh I do like Boggus, but have a really soft spot for Tamworths.
    What an impressive animal that Cornish Black is, Ashdust! I know black pigs from my childhood but the were much smaller and were name after their hanging belly.
    Potbellied Pig is what it is named in UK.

If Google helps me the right way then the Boggus look familiar to me. We have a lot of them in the Netherlands.
    The Tamworths are more hairy then them but their piglets... Cute!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    I know this series, in Germany it was called "Michel aus Lönneberga" based on the children's book from Astrid Lindgren. I loved her stories as a child an my daughters also
    For shure Astrid Lindgren's books are readable for many generations
    A colleague of mine told me that there is a Theme parc in Sweden inspired by her books. The surrounding areas where Michel/Emil, Pipi Langkous/Langstrumpf and many other of her creations were build there. Maybe someday "when you are in the neighbourhood"...

For shure Astrid Lindgren's books are readable for many generations
    A colleague of mine told me that there is a Theme parc in Sweden inspired by her books. The surrounding areas where Michel/Emil, Pipi Langkous/Langstrumpf and many other of her creations were build there. Maybe someday "when you are in the neighbourhood"...
    That's a nice idea Rocky Ruud, though my daughters are also out of their childhood, but maybe someday with my future grandchildren.
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW