Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Otter Offerings

Otter Offerings

When the otters are finished eating/diving, there is a bubble over the farm that shows seaweed, scallops and pearls but i can’t see a way of “peeking” in to see which each otter has collected that doesn’t actually move the items into the barn...similar to how you can tell how many and the color of feathers the ducks have but still leave them to be collected later.

Am I missing something or perhaps just heavy fingered lol?

C0ABDDBB-FD34-4BA3-850C-01F47A0F8998.jpg

I don’t know but this is a good time to mention I decided that water mill guy shall be the otter keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganville View Post
    I don’t know but this is a good time to mention I decided that water mill guy shall be the otter keeper.
    lol, I have made room in his environment, too!

Maggie, I am thinking now "how you can tell how many and the color of feathers the ducks have but still leave them to be collected later" - how do you do that, tap them once carefully, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    lol, I have made room in his environment, too!

Maggie, I am thinking now "how you can tell how many and the color of feathers the ducks have but still leave them to be collected later" - how do you do that, tap them once carefully, or what?
    Well, you can see how many ducks come so you will get one white feather for each and the ones with green heads also give you a colorful feather but, until you swipe the actual ducks, the feathers stay in the feeders rather than going to the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    Well, you can see how many ducks come so you will get one white feather for each and the ones with green heads also give you a colorful feather but, until you swipe the actual ducks, the feathers stay in the feeders rather than going to the barn.
    ah IC, you mean their heads - I thought, for some unknown reason, that white-heads can give more than one, so I wouldn't know their "result".
    Thanks, Maggie

This looks absolutely great, Veganville!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    When the otters are finished eating/diving, there is a bubble over the farm that shows seaweed, scallops and pearls but i can’t see a way of “peeking” in to see which each otter has collected that doesn’t actually move the items into the barn...similar to how you can tell how many and the color of feathers the ducks have but still leave them to be collected later.

Am I missing something or perhaps just heavy fingered lol?
    I agree that this is something sorely needed. Perhaps we can start a request for this in the Wish List forum?

I just built my otters. Seaweed is easy to attain, but I need to collect scallops in order to make specific products in my Grill Factory. Unfortunately, the way the Otter Pond is currently designed, we can only collect everything before we can see what is available. At least with ducks we have a visual cue for which ducks will bring a blue feather. There are no visual cues here. The collecting time here is not trivial at four to 4 1/2 hours. That is a long time to wait and not know exactly what you are getting. Even if an exact amount cannot be specified, knowing which otters have collected which products is important:

1. Tight barn space — only collect what you need.

2. Specific need for producing a certain item, like sea scallops. Save me from overcollecting seaweed that maybe I can use later in another way (filling a plane crate, for instance).

3. Regatta tasks. Not knowing exactly what you are picking up when combined with the above two can be tricky.

Hi where did you get your watermill guy from? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Blytonrocks View Post
    Hi where did you get your watermill guy from?
    It's been an occasional offering during Fishing Events. Hopefully it'll make a return.

Love this watermill! It did make a return once already as a to buy decor in an event, so I'm sure we will see it again.