Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows updates? Events? I can't find any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hitz View Post
    You have the Yacht club glitch too? Have you ever tried to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps?
    I did un-install and re-install on a new computer and it still did not work. I am not sure of the yacht club glitch, I was able to spend my rewards.

Am I correct that there are some type of benefit to the events? If so, it sees really unfair that one whole platform is excluded from playing the game on the terms as everyone else.

I sent 5 emails now, responding to the same robo email where they put in a line of "human" chat followed by how to request support, not taking into account that - I DID REQUEST SUPPORT CORRECTLY. What type of system developer does not catch that type of error. I have a support ticket in with the Microsoft Store as that is where I downloaded it and that is who processed my "real money" that I won't be spending anymore!

Yeah, events have rewards, some of which (I heard) are exclusive decorations. So that sucks for us.

I'm in the same boat, for a different problem. Requested support, correctly, 9 days ago. Including details and screenshots, and the only email I've gotten was the robo email, which I replied to as directed. Haven't heard anything since.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled, no difference. Yacht club still won't open. Regatta tokens remain unspent. I'm just grateful I didn't spend any real money yet. You must be furious.

Not furious, but not happy. I will wait to see what MS store has to say. I know they don't want to be processing apps that have problems - it only increases their work load too. I find it odd that they support reporting system will keep issuing new ticket #s to the same email address without some kickback to another level of communication besides the creepy "Sorry to hear you are having the "fill in the blank" problem. I was able to participate and spend tokens.

Hi,
    I had the same problem with the Yacht club a few weeks ago. Neither restarting the PC nor the game helped. Then I looked into my Windows Settings and found out that my "background apps" were not activated. After doing so the Yacht Club was available. Maybe this helps for you as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytown View Post
    Hi,
    I had the same problem with the Yacht club a few weeks ago. Neither restarting the PC nor the game helped. Then I looked into my Windows Settings and found out that my "background apps" were not activated. After doing so the Yacht Club was available. Maybe this helps for you as well
    I came back here to say this! I reinstalled multiple times and it didn't work, so I was about to give up when I saw the background option and turned it on. I thought, this isn't going to make a difference, why would this work when a fresh installation didn't work? That wouldn't make sense.

Lo and behold, my Yacht finally opened!

I keep my pc bare bones, I don't let apps run in the background and I don't use push notifications for anything. I only have 4gbRAM and often have a game and a streaming service open at the same time, so I don't want a bunch of little background services causing a lag. I can't believe this was such an easy fix after like two weeks of frustration. lol