Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows updates? Events? I can't find any answers.

Windows updates? Events? I can't find any answers.

I've searched and searched... through the support section, through the latest update threads in the "news" forum, etc. and all I see are update announcements for android or IOS. No word on whether/when Windows players get an update, and when someone asks, they never get an answer.

Apparently there are special events that are happening now, or have just concluded, for players on other platforms but when I click on my event space it just says there is no event?? And the yacht club just says "game elements downloading" forever

I'm seeing the Township Facebook page hyping up new feature updates that some users have already gotten, but all they talk about is Android or IOS.

Is Windows just being phased out or something? I'd like to know if so, since I also just found out I can't even switch platforms without having to start my town ENTIRELY over from scratch. I wish I'd known that ahead of time.

Hi,

The Windows version and the mobile versions (Android/iOS/Kindle) are completely separate, and they are developed and updated on different schedules. Since the Windows version was launched after the mobile ones, it's a little behind when it comes to all new features, events, etc.

As for the Yacht Club glitch, you should report that to support directly from within your game (follow the steps in this post), as that seems to be a bug.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 06-05-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thank you for the quick reply! Now that I know updates are coming eventually, I can be patient. Is there anywhere in particular I should keep an eye on for a timeline? Like if it will be coming in a few weeks, or in a few months, would it be announced here, or Facebook. etc.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hitz View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply! Now that I know updates are coming eventually, I can be patient. Is there anywhere in particular I should keep an eye on for a timeline? Like if it will be coming in a few weeks, or in a few months, would it be announced here, or Facebook. etc.

Thanks again!
    When a new update is released, you will find an announcement here (News Section). Unfortunately, there is no set schedules for when the updates are released.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

I thought there was an update for Windows a couple of weeks ago, though I never saw an official announcement. It included a snowboarding event and Italian week. Do you have that one Lee?

Though the last Windows update mentioned events, there haven't been any available. When clicked on, the board says "Coming soon".

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I thought there was an update for Windows a couple of weeks ago, though I never saw an official announcement. It included a snowboarding event and Italian week. Do you have that one Lee?
    Yeah when I first started playing a few weeks ago, there was an "update" from the Microsoft store that didn't seem to add anything new at all. I thought maybe the changes just weren't visible to me because my level was still so low, but I've unlocked the coop now and played the regatta and have seen no sign of any event. It just says "coming soon". So I thought maybe it was just a maintenance update, but I just checked the Microsoft store again and it lists a bunch of stuff that I don't have even though I'm up-to-date:
    Screenshot_2019-06-06 Get Township - Microsoft Store.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DeelightCity View Post
    Though the last Windows update mentioned events, there haven't been any available. When clicked on, the board says "Coming soon".
    Yep, mine too. Guess we just have to keep waiting lol.

And I still haven't heard back from support about the Yacht club glitch, which sucks because I can't spend my Regatta rewards. I may try to re-install and see if that fixes it, but I'd be really upset if I lost all my progress! I another game because my phone is broke and I won't be getting a new one any time soon, so I went looking for a good windows game and found this. It's ten times better so I'd like to stick with it.
    Last edited by Bessville; 06-08-2019 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Rule #12

I sent a support question about it two weeks ago and after 3 robo emails back from support I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by abbiepql View Post
    I sent a support question about it two weeks ago and after 3 robo emails back from support I gave up.
    You have the Yacht club glitch too? Have you ever tried to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps?