Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boost for long time players

Boost for long time players

I see thst they are going to be drastically cutting prices of factories. I would love playrix to give us longer players a boost of some sort. Takes the fun out of it if I have to work so much harder for the items and then they come in and make them cheaper for newer players. Doesn't make me want to play anymore. I've been playing 4 years snd my town is almost done, 3 zoo enclosures need to be bought and 3 need to be finished. It would be great if they did something for us too. There are millions of games to choose from, they need to give us a reason to stick around and keep playing.

Newer players have so much more ahead of them than we had. I imagine it is a lot more overwhelming to be a new player compared to when we were at the stage they are at.

I understand what you are saying and of course it would be nice, but all the extra animals, factories & CB's are very much for the benefit of more advanced players IMO. Making it more affordable for players who now find there is so much more to complete in their towns makes sense, while those of us who have put a lot of work into our town can enjoy still having things to do .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Newer players have so much more ahead of them than we had. I imagine it is a lot more overwhelming to be a new player compared to when we were at the stage they are at.

I understand what you are saying and of course it would be nice, but all the extra animals, factories & CB's are very much for the benefit of more advanced players IMO. Making it more affordable for players who now find there is so much more to complete in their towns makes sense, while those of us who have put a lot of work into our town can enjoy still having things to do .
    Over the years they have reduced costs as we were progressing & it was always frustrating that we had put money in just for them to cut costs. Now I have 2 kids that just started playing & to look at what they have to build, it does seem very overwhelming!

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Over the years they have reduced costs as we were progressing & it was always frustrating that we had put money in just for them to cut costs. Now I have 2 kids that just started playing & to look at what they have to build, it does seem very overwhelming!
    Yes, I thought it would. I am pleased to be where I am in the game and couldn't imagine starting over (hope I haven't jinxed something awful going wrong with my town ).

I just saw how much cheaper they made the factories, and am resisting changing my point of view on the subject, lol!

It should at least keep the game fun for your kids hopefully, not having to try and make as much coin for things .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    I am aware I should not start sentences with And & But etc. But I do it anyway
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Although I agree it is not fair, I still think longer players have the upper hand. Newer players, struggle with everything from barn space to collecting t-cash. And let's not talk about the new tool exchange building. We still have to worry about expansions, upgrades and so on. I mean, all I'm saying is we all have advantages & disadvantages in our current levels. Let's cheer for what we have accomplished and think we all struggle with something .

Also, maybe your kids are progressing even faster, cause you can teach them what's important to focus and what not since you already walk the walk. I'm saying this cause a friend of mine started playing and I always guiding him in the things I did wrong and what's really worth it. He has increase levels super fast, and overall his town is in much better conditions than mine at his level, since I am stuck with some mistakes I made.

Let's all enjoy the game and look at the positive side.

This isn't the 1st time they've reduced costs in Township. It's just the most recent. It's really nothing new. IMHO, they could stand to do some more reducing. Zoo enclosure prices and materials come to mind.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 114
    City Building Project: Shipyard
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015 & 1500+ posts

I agree we should get a refund for the price difference.
    The more advanced players have done the hard work, learnt by trial and error, now many share this knowledge with newer players.
    Perfect example, hubby started playing 15 weeks ago, now level 57, it took me 6 months to reach that level.
    Snow's Town
    Snowland
    #SN6NW4

I've played for 133 days and I'm at Level 46. I've unlocked every CB [Community Building], House, & Factory available to me. The only available purchase is the third Feed Mill, priced at 40,000 Coins. As for the Zoo, I intentionally decided to not unlock it, until recently -- at around Level 42, or so.

As for the items to finish the CB, I normally have enough in storage, so not to wait for more. As for the Barn, it is my biggest bane, as it takes a long time to receive the Nails & Red Paint to upgrade it. The biggest aggravation to me is the time required to build the buildings!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliraven View Post
    Let's all enjoy the game and look at the positive side.
    But let's not forget either that a forum like this is also meant for discussing ideas and mentioning things that are perceived as negative for the game and/or the players.

although I personally could do with less Why-questions in the wording. *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I see thst they are going to be drastically cutting prices of factories. I would love playrix to give us longer players a boost of some sort. Takes the fun out of it if I have to work so much harder for the items and then they come in and make them cheaper for newer players. Doesn't make me want to play anymore. I've been playing 4 years snd my town is almost done, 3 zoo enclosures need to be bought and 3 need to be finished. It would be great if they did something for us too. There are millions of games to choose from, they need to give us a reason to stick around and keep playing.
    There are lots of ways it's now harder for new players than it used to be - no ability to cherry-pick the best factory upgrades, loss of the old zoo as an income stream, the sheer volume of demands they now have on their young barns.. It's not all easier than you had it in your day

As far as new content for older players goes, that's exactly what the primary focus of recent updates seems to have been. We've been getting new factories, CBs, land, enclosures, events, and more... all to keep us interested. Given how stagnant I feared the game might become for me back when I hit level 90, I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised at the effort, even if I haven't always been thrilled with the changes.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.