Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: May/June 2019 update (iOS/Android/Kindle)

I have an odd thing happening and I wonder if it's due to the update. I'm on Android and hence, no update yet. Here's the scenario.

I have two trains where I asked for help (simple quantity 1 products). Hours later they are still sitting there with a checkmark saying I can fill them and no help balloons above the station saying somebody else filled them. Second time this happened today.

So I asked my co-op if they can see the trains as "requesting help" or "filled". Another player (Kindle, also no update) says both are filled in his view and goes on to describe the picture of who filled them. Turn out to be "Dreadnought" from here on the forum. And it shows Dreadnought in the front of my "recent helpers" tab so at least it knows that they filled the crates.

But try as I may, visit about town, reboot, yada yada, it does not show the trains as "filled by Dreadnought".

So, I'm asking here before I submit a problem report. Is anybody else seeing this kind of thing? You'd have to notice that your "fill crates" request has gone unfulfilled for a long time so it might not be readily obvious you are having this happen.

Also, dear Dreadnought, what platform are you on and do you have the update? It may be one of those small "game version mismatch" issues that will correct it self later on.

Anyway, it's odd and I'm naturally curious about it.

Thanks for any help, info, feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowMist View Post
    are they planning on fragmenting off android/kindle users from ios like windows/ios games?
    how are we supposed to play with otter producing requests/tasks in regatta when we don't even have them but others in the coop do?
    some are also implying that the events will be delayed for us too? this leads me to thinking they're planning to fragment us off?
    Graylady is correct in her post....iOS, then Android, then KINDLE. It is just so frustrating when an event is so closely scheduled.

We just won't be able to do tasks that include the new products.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I have an odd thing happening and I wonder if it's due to the update. I'm on Android and hence, no update yet. Here's the scenario.

I have two trains where I asked for help (simple quantity 1 products). Hours later they are still sitting there with a checkmark saying I can fill them and no help balloons above the station saying somebody else filled them. Second time this happened today.

So I asked my co-op if they can see the trains as "requesting help" or "filled". Another player (Kindle, also no update) says both are filled in his view and goes on to describe the picture of who filled them. Turn out to be "Dreadnought" from here on the forum. And it shows Dreadnought in the front of my "recent helpers" tab so at least it knows that they filled the crates.

But try as I may, visit about town, reboot, yada yada, it does not show the trains as "filled by Dreadnought".

So, I'm asking here before I submit a problem report. Is anybody else seeing this kind of thing? You'd have to notice that your "fill crates" request has gone unfulfilled for a long time so it might not be readily obvious you are having this happen.

Also, dear Dreadnought, what platform are you on and do you have the update? It may be one of those small "game version mismatch" issues that will correct it self later on.

I'm also on Android, don't have the update yet, and i noticed this thing happening (for a long time now) with my game as well:

I ask for help with my trains, press the home button, later on receive a notification "xyz filled your crates", and when i open the game, they are still showing as needing help. What works for me, is to completely close the game (actually press the exit button) and open it again (sometimes i remove it from recent apps too). Then i can see the helps and send off the trains.

If i'm in the game when the crates are filled, i see it instantly, and can send them off right away. Seems to only happen when the game is "idle".

Edit - this behavior sometimes occurs when i receive a notification "xyz sent you a gift", i have to restart the game to actually see the balloon.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 06-04-2019 at 02:26 AM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

So I asked my co-op if they can see the trains as "requesting help" or "filled". Another player (Kindle, also no update) says both are filled in his view and goes on to describe the picture of who filled them.

But try as I may, visit about town, reboot, yada yada, it does not show the trains as "filled ..... It may be one of those small "game version mismatch" issues that will correct it self later on.

Charlie, happens to me when events happening, updates rolling out, etc...anything that may overload servers.

Even doing all the same things you have done...in/out of town, restarting, etc..doesn t always reset my game. I take it to be server "catch up" issues.

I haven't reported, so not an official answer
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 184
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Graylady is correct in her post....iOS, then Android, then KINDLE. It is just so frustrating when an event is so closely scheduled.

We just won't be able to do tasks that include the new products.
    more frustrating when the rest of your coop can do them all and so it hobbles your game play

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    Charlie, happens to me when events happening, updates rolling out, etc...anything that may overload servers.

Even doing all the same things you have done...in/out of town, restarting, etc..doesn t always reset my game. I take it to be server "catch up" issues.

I haven't reported, so not an official answer
    Had it happen on kindle different towns, assumed it would correct itself when update dropped. Nice to hear it's a server overload issue & that others had it too

This is what I got
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    Based on experience, I'd say we Android players could expect the update to drop next Thursday or Friday - at least that's how it's been for me most times.
    I'll take that as a no.

Quote Originally Posted by bobatha View Post
    Is this update going to release for Android some day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Hey all! The new update is beginning to roll out for iOS players. Watch this space to find out when it starts to arrive for Android and Kindle players too...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSookie View Post
    Based on experience, I'd say we Android players could expect the update to drop next Thursday or Friday - at least that's how it's been for me most times.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatha View Post
    I'll take that as a no.
    Why would you take it as a no? The post with which I opened this thread and Alexis' reply to you (not to mention much of the rest of this conversation and the history of every update ever) are all clearly saying yes, and probably quite soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have any Android players got the update yet?
    Town Name Boo
    Friend code AA7WY3
    Town Level 167