Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Task Lists Per Player Not Per Co Op

If you called a boycott, and it gained traction then you are an outlaw for sure (to Playrix) and then we would never see your posts again on the Forum. You would be ban bait. So......I think not. No damage, this post, like many of yours, is the current hot one on the Forum.

Just look at me chattering away. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    If you called a boycott, and it gained traction then you are an outlaw for sure (to Playrix) and then we would never see your posts again on the Forum. You would be ban bait. So......I think not. No damage, this post, like many of yours, is the current hot one on the Forum.

Just look at me chattering away. :-)
    Lol. Silly me, I had heretofore overlooked your reticence :P

Cobalt, thank you for your kind words, for your - alas - convincing explanation why this idea probably will not be implemented and for your friendly way in expressing this.

Gavamatic, I still think you are right that this change would be able to solve a few problems at once (although I do not think the list is level specific, as mentioned above, and yes, what about members dumping and the consequences for the oh-so-popular Global Leaderboard then), but... well, Cobalt is most probably right, that there IS something like these thoughts behind the current concept.
    BTW, can't speak for others, but to answer your other question: I have paid 1 or 2 Tbucks to refresh a task, and it didn't matter to me, whether I was sailing solo or in a bigger Coop - when I get impatient, I am! 30 minutes is still too long - as you said in your other post so well: "It's not long enough to go do much else but definitely long enough to count as time that should have been better spent."

So we will have to wait and see, whether Playrix comes up on their own with a solution to all the complaints you mentioned in your first post also, or whether they define it as challenge and let us just struggle with it.

And just to mention it: your always-changing last not-a-signature-line is hilarious!

Happy New Year to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Township is great and so are you, Missy, and Hyacinth and _DD_.
    Happy New Year!
    Aaw,
    thank you so much
    All the best for 2017 to you, too!

They are making a change to the Regattas with the next update and we are all excited (or scared) what that change will be.
    lol, yes, I'm peeing my pants already!!!
    Last edited by Missy's; 01-01-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: slow as usual. My today's excuse: A big, fat Hangover, of course *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Cobalt, thank you for your kind words, for your - alas - convincing explanation why this idea probably will not be implemented and for your friendly way in expressing this.

Gavamatic, I still think you are right that this change would be able to solve a few problems at once (although I do not think the list is level specific, as mentioned above, and yes, what about members dumping and the consequences for the oh-so-popular Global Leaderboard then), but... well, Cobalt is most probably right, that there IS something like these thoughts behind the current concept.
    BTW, can't speak for others, but to answer your other question: I have paid 1 or 2 Tbucks to refresh a task, and it didn't matter to me, whether I was sailing solo or in a bigger Coop - when I get impatient, I am! 30 minutes is still too long - as you said in your other post so well: "It's not long enough to go do much else but definitely long enough to count as time that should have been better spent."

So we will have to wait and see, whether Playrix comes up on their own with a solution to all the complaints you mentioned in your first post also, or whether they define it as challenge and let us just struggle with it.

And just to mention it: your always-changing last not-a-signature-line is hilarious!

Happy New Year to all!
    Gosh, thank you DD and Cobalt too, well all of you really. I never expected that the forum would become such an integral part of the game for me, but it has due to the level and liveliness of the debates and the thoughtfulness of posters, graciousness of the moderators and so on.

In other replies...
    I am pretty sure the tasks correspond to the level of highest player in the co op. My town level has more than doubled since the regattas began, though I am frequently behind on factories, so I remember seeing the running shoe task before any of us could do it, the coffee tasks, just recently I had kitchen ware tasks in 2 regattas before I got the factory built.

Further thoughts of Playrix's possible income from racers paying to refresh the task list. If it's a fact that this is a good income source for them, then a case could be made that putting more lists out there rather than fewer is in their best interests.

I am sure whatever changes are coming will keep us chattering away at least, so let's look forward to a happy new year.

Pixelsticks
    Current avatar wanna be: the guy in the zebra suit
    Specials this week: hinges half price sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy's View Post
    Aaw,
    thank you so much
    All the best for 2017 to you, too!

lol, yes, I'm peeing my pants already!!!
    I am steeling myself for the worst, which for me would be one of the race style events, where you endlessly push yer lil Boat forward, by giving it a fruit cake, a bolt of cotton, then wait 10 mins and give it another lil push with a jar of jam and a bowl of cream. Then after another 10 minute wait, you can surge ahead a bit more with maybe a sweater and a lump of sugar. You know the ones I mean.

There, now that I have said it out loud, I will add Do NOT Do This Playrix!!

But in case you are planning on this format, in the spirit of helpfulness, I propose the following speed category name changes:
    "Faster Than The Wind" change to "I Think I Saw Some Movement"
    "Steady Progress" change to "Playing Sudoko Instead"
    "Becalmed" change to "Dozed Off Again"

Township: Pixelsticks
    Co op: Float My Boat change to Gone Like A Fart In A Fan Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Garvamatic View Post
    I am steeling myself for the worst, which for me would be one of the race style events, where you endlessly push yer lil Boat forward, by giving it a fruit cake, a bolt of cotton, then wait 10 mins and give it another lil push with a jar of jam and a bowl of cream. Then after another 10 minute wait, you can surge ahead a bit more with maybe a sweater and a lump of sugar. You know the ones I mean.

There, now that I have said it out loud, I will add Do NOT Do This Playrix!!

But in case you are planning on this format, in the spirit of helpfulness, I propose the following speed category name changes:
    "Faster Than The Wind" change to "I Think I Saw Some Movement"
    "Steady Progress" change to "Playing Sudoko Instead"
    "Becalmed" change to "Dozed Off Again"

Township: Pixelsticks
    Co op: Float My Boat change to Gone Like A Fart In A Fan Factory
    Love it

Though we know who to blame if we get tasks similar to your suggestions lol. There would be a mutiny on the high seas

I wish we could use different colours for our yachts!

Quote Originally Posted by hyacinth View Post

Though we know who to blame if we get tasks similar to your suggestions lol. There would be a mutiny on the high seas

I wish we could use different colours for our yachts!
    Ha, but if they did turn it into a global event style relay, I could say, listen, you were specifically told NOT to do that. Lol, what could go wrong?
    Yeah, boat colours or sail patterns would be fun.

Pixelsticks
    Hurry over for your hinges and screwdrivers, sale ends soon!

Further thoughts of Playrix's possible income from racers paying to refresh the task list. If it's a fact that this is a good income source for them, then a case could be made that putting more lists out there rather than fewer is in their best interests.
    Interesting case. Yes, but only if they kept the longer refresh time also on individual lists*, right?
    * so, hypothetically speaking, as we assume now they won't come.
    Or where else would the more lists come from?

Not sure whether I wouldn't prefer then shorter refresh time and leave it at the the one-for-all list.

Current avatar wanna be: the guy in the zebra suit
    ROFL! oh yes, pls!

Specials this week: hinges half price sale!
    I thought you'd need them for your fabulous statue, now you're giving them out?
    ('Make a fabulous avant garde public sculpture from screwdrivers, hinges and duct tape')

BTW, love the "speed category name changes" also, but they also won't come cos you forbid the described procedure for a regatta, did I get that right? ;Þ

also loved the description per se, LOL, but in the last event we got "in between" items, that was good! maybe in a regatta, some fishing / fish in between?
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-01-2017 at 09:43 PM. Reason: hi Missy, hangover still better than ONLY old age, right? ;)