Thread: Factories vs Boats

Factories vs Boats

Hi, all

So, I'm currently in level 56, and have only build 13 factories so far up to plastics factory. Should be due for 4 more factories, but I truly want to concentrate in the factories I currently have and truly take my time with the game. I already upgraded it my trains to level 21 , and I'm almost done with bringing my last factory (plastic) to level 12. Now, my question is, should I jump to the boats and have them upgrade to level 21 for 50% more reduction time. Or do I focus on bringing all my 13 factories to level 27 first?

Not worry about the factories I haven't build yet, since I always have Raja all the time in case it asks for something on the airplanes.

Share the love around. Start bringing the ships into your regular upgrade list IF the time difference will be effective for you. (I say that as for many employed players the ships are great as is.).

Let me just say...Wow! Congrats!

I am about 20 levels ahead & I still don't have my trains up to level 21...or my islands.

I would highly recommend your islands as you need those goods & it helps out a regatta task if the time is less.

As far as your factories...having the max shelf space (8) is a good idea.

Hi. I think it depends on what your main priorities in the game are. If you focus mostly on the regatta it's worth upgrading the islands first because the ships take such a long time to come back, and a lot of regatta tasks involve them. On the other hand you don't need a lot of island products for the factories you have, so if you just keep sending a steady stream of ships you should manage to get enough fruit, except maybe for the odd plane requests.

If your focus is more on obtaining coins, filling heli orders etc, it would probably be better to upgrade the factories till you have 8 shelves, because you can use those shelves as storage space in addition to the barn.

Or you could alternate between islands and the three most used factories - bakery, sugar and dairy. Really I'd choose whatever best suits your style of play, and can I just say I admire the way you're taking your time with the game. Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come

One thing you might find useful is that the plane doesn't seem to request items from factories you don't have unless you have enough coins to build them - not much help if you're saving coins, but if you're not make sure when you send your plane off you have fewer coins than are needed for your next factory.

Thank you, Twilight Bookworm.

I'm obsessed with upgrading everything and that's my main goal. Coins, xp, clovers, filling orders and levels will come faster if I have everything upgrade it. Little by little I will build the things I'm missing. Don't know if this advice will help, but every night before going to sleep I always put platinum in my foundry as it takes the longest to make even if an upgrade doesn't needed it , cause eventually a future upgrade will, that way is one less ingot to worry, or it can be used on the boats for a regatta task just in case.
    I already have all my factories with the maximum shelf and 25% reduction time , lol, that's why I upgrade them to level 12 first. Thanks

I will upgrade my frutus isle since the interseasonal race will soon come, as I'm constantly running out of those products, especially the watermelons needed it to make the jam. With the other islands I'm good at the time being. Thank you for your help: )

Hi, Jay

Oooh, thank you for the airplane advice. No wonder sometime it ask me for things in a factory I haven't opened yet. Thanks goodness for the market guy. Nice advice.

I will upgrade the frutus isle for now as is the one I struggle to have enough products, and then immediately I will jump to the all those factories you mention to take them to level 27. Thank you

Being able to upgrade all your factories is very impressive! I've only done so with my trains so far, and currently trying to do so for my bakery, dairy and sugar factories. I can't imagine how long it'll take me to upgrade all my factories ...

That being said, personally I'd focus on upgrading islands (boats). For me, my focus for upgrading has always been about time reduction; I don't really care about the added XP or coins (although +50% is certainly a lot in the long run). So, to me, the islands take much longer time and is more of an issue than the regular factories. There have been multiple cases where I am short of something from the Olivia Isle which takes 9hrs, and it is such a pain to wait for so long.