Thread: Regatta Tasks Not Loading

Regatta Tasks Not Loading

regatta_board.jpg

This has been happening since I came online this morning more than three hours ago. I have even closed game and rebooted my computer. I don't understand why I can see some tasks and not others. The gray ones say "content downloading." Is there any solution to this problem?

Deelight City

Were any of those tasks event tasks? If so, they'll show that way for a little bit until system purges them.

Not sure on this part...can you tap them to dump? If so...just dump them. If not...just give it a bit.

Hopefully someone with better experience than me will offer a better solution.

You're on Windows, right Dee? Somebody else posted about similar issues earlier. Here's my reply to them. Hoping this is just a coincidence and not a widespread issue.

I had one task greyed out after the event, and that said "event is over", and could indeed be dumped right away, Android tablet. But 4 tasks is a bit much for event, and over 3 hours and reboot and the msg "content downloading"... no, that's something else.

Deelight City, I think we need to know your operating system - I assume Windows, since you speak of your computer? Are you using something like BlueStacks? Is your game connected to Facebook?
    When were you last in the game before this morning? Is it uptodate?

Then someone will hopefully be able to help. I seem to recall seeing that error msg here, but not the solution.
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-30-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: snap, Bess ;) are there not any measures to observe before re-installing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    You're on Windows, right Dee? Somebody else posted about similar issues earlier. Here's my reply to them. Hoping this is just a coincidence and not a widespread issue.
    Yes I'm on Windows platform. I play on both a desktop and a laptop. This problem is only occurring on my laptop. On the desktop game all tasks are visible. The desktop machine got a message that new regatta season was starting. The laptop machine didn't get this message, but I was able to select a task from the ones I could see.

Very strange that one machine works correctly and one does not. Definitely not an internet connection problem.

I don't want to dump in case others in co-op can see and do those tasks!

Now have 5 tasks that say downloading. I noticed what the difference is between my two computers. The laptop is not showing any of the new images! These are the tasks which currently show coins (earn +19k coins), ingots (smelting), or crates (filling train slots).

I also cannot submit a report through the game. When I click it, nothing happens.

Fixed!

Posting what I did in case it helps another Windows player.

I tried updating Township through the Microsoft Store. This did not fix the problem.

I searched and found "How to fix issues with apps using Settings" and reset the game following these instructions. When I logged back in, I thought this had also failed. BUT within a minute or two, the new Regatta Season screen appeared and I can now view all tasks. *Yippee, does happy dance*

Deelight City

Phew... good you found out where to look! and that it worked.

BTW, hopefully it will not happen again, but you'd better check in this thread (at the end), what to do against/for this not-working email, to report an issue from ingame.

Thanks for reporting back! and happy sailing

Oooooh...Windows 10! I have heard nothing but headaches with Windows 10. My hubby updated his work computer to it & went right back to th previous.
    Glad you found a solution!

(and see...much more knowledgeable people than me! )