Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't transfer my progress from my last device

Unhappy Can't transfer my progress from my last device

Recently got new phone and downloaded game again and I went through tutorial but still wasn't able to pull up my past game progress so I kept playing. I can see my achievements on my Google play games account from past progress do why cant I retrieve the game ...please hell this is frustrating and I had gotten far ....omg help please!!
    Last edited by MrsShade619; 05-29-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Do the two devices use the same operating system?

you can check it here further - Windows can play with Windows, Mac can play with Mac, and Android/IOS/Kindle can play with each other. Crossing fingers..!

After the tutorial you should have been asked which game to continue, IF it was recognized.

Yes they are both androids I can see my achievements in Google games account so why cant I link it ...please tell me u can help or point me in the direction of someone who can

Only game that pops up is the one I started few days ago

Perhaps you're previous device/game isn't currently connected to Facebook, log in to your old account and select the settings (cog) wheel and make sure your Township is connected to Facebook. Also, follow these steps to properly transfer your progress.

Hope This Helps,
    Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Do the two devices use the same operating system?

you can check it here further - Windows can play with Windows, Mac can play with Mac, and Android/IOS/Kindle can play with each other. Crossing fingers..!

After the tutorial you should have been asked which game to continue, IF it was recognized.
    Can I just check this for a friend who is switching from Android to kindle...? As long as he is connected to Facebook in his existing game, he sets up the new game, plays the tutorial, connects to Facebook, his old game should be there?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashdust View Post
    Can I just check this for a friend who is switching from Android to kindle...? As long as he is connected to Facebook in his existing game, he sets up the new game, plays the tutorial, connects to Facebook, his old game should be there? .
    I'd think yes, but the official checklist is here (and in Ethan's "steps" above; my link in the quoted post was sthg different).

My game is connected to Google Play/Plus (keep forgetting the name; anyway, the other option in settings), no FB here. The transfer to a new Android tablet even went w/o the tutorial. But it was a while back, and - when looking at some of the (graphic) changes in the July-update (which no-one has asked for, AFAIK) - one can only hope, Playrix didn't change anything there... so, tell him to go carefully step by step, indeed. And to write everything down before! (town friend code, names, levels, tc and coin amounts). Good luck!

Just a point, he may have a problem if android updated, as Kindle update not out yet.

Thanks _DD_, I'll tell him to go slow, hopefully he'll be covered as he doesn't have to delete his old game until the new one is all set up.

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    Just a point, he may have a problem if android updated, as Kindle update not out yet.
    Good point, thanks. I'll make sure he knows to wait and update the new version. Not sure how this would affect things, but no point asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by boudica View Post
    oh right! Thanks, boudica

Ash, I took your question as a general one, but boudica is of course right: at the moment, between the versions, it is NOT a good idea to try it!

ETA: lol, your reply appeared now only, Ash - you're welcome, and indeed, he simply wouldn't be able to play with/synch both with one not-updated game. With different OS, you always have to wait for the last one before updating, then all.
    Last edited by _DD_; 07-16-2019 at 08:09 PM.