Thread: Lock in A Task Reservations

Lock in A Task Reservations

I really like the reservation option for the tasks, however I would like to suggest that the reservation lock the task to keep others from “accidentally” taking the task before the reservation time runs out.

This gets asked for regularly, a lot of people, me included do not want this feature added, unless it is optional.

Reservations in our co-op are used more loosely, more as a note, I'm working on this, don't dump it, if anyone is ready quicker then take it. We would lose this option if reservations were locked in.

Plus you have the issue if someone reserves a task then can't get on for a while, it clogs the board for 12 hours.

If you are having issues with reserved tasks being stolen this is unfortunately more a communication issue with your co-op than a system issue.

Rather than be locked in, it would be nice for a pop up saying "Are you sure, this task is reserved" which would be an alert but still allow the player to take the task if they want. We have misunderstandings where a racer was just done with their task and had prepared for the reserved task but it was already taken without asking.

Additionally the reservation indicator is not very prominent, a banner across the task would help.

Town Name: Wonder Woman
    Level: 57
    Playing since: Dec 2018
    Zoo: 47 but ignore it
    Playing on Android
    Co-op: Regatta Zone
    #GVX26C

Quote Originally Posted by 1nderWoman View Post
    Rather than be locked in, it would be nice for a pop up saying "Are you sure, this task is reserved" which would be an alert but still allow the player to take the task if they want. We have misunderstandings where a racer was just done with their task and had prepared for the reserved task but it was already taken without asking.

Additionally the reservation indicator is not very prominent, a banner across the task would help.
    That pop-up is there already. See a screenshot HERE
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

In my co-op it's not a communication issue. We state in our description that reservation stealers will be kicked, we tell each new member as they join, and we send a message at the beginning of each regatta week. Still, we end up kicking 1-3 people every single week because they stole a reserved task.

I agree, not very prominate... I would also like to suggest theat a restriction be put on who can dump like reserving. That would help, as I a leader I could then lower rank for someone who continually has accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbizzymom View Post
    I agree, not very prominate... I would also like to suggest theat a restriction be put on who can dump like reserving. That would help, as I a leader I could then lower rank for someone who continually has accidents.
    That's already there - members can't dump, only those ranked elder and above can.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.