Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 18.05 The Tropical Blends Event is Out

I needed some time until I realised that Raj sells the fruits in high amounts (silly me), now it seems to be quite easy to reach the top 3. But I ask myself what the challenge is. Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to spoil your fun (and I find it also funny) , but I think with buying the fruits in very high amounts from raj (e.g. up to 36 mangos) this is going to end in a "points battle" and the challenging aspect of this event (doing as many helicopter orders as possible, organize planting the fruits) will get lost, apart from this I believe it's a bit unfair against players, who can't hire raj (or don't want to) constantly.
    Town: Monaco - lvl 94, 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    I needed some time until I realised that Raj sells the fruits in high amounts (silly me), now it seems to be quite easy to reach the top 3. But I ask myself what the challenge is. Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to spoil your fun (and I find it also funny) , but I think with buying the fruits in very high amounts from raj (e.g. up to 36 mangos) this is going to end in a "points battle" and the challenging aspect of this event (doing as many helicopter orders as possible, organize planting the fruits) will get lost, apart from this I believe it's a bit unfair against players, who can't hire raj (or don't want to) constantly.
    This does make me think of another part of this game...

Let me think...

Regatta????
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 106/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Nowadays, there aren't any competitions in this game that don't come down to throwing as much money at it as possible. Every event is like this now, and the Regatta is the same. Skill and organization really aren't key. It's all pay-to-win.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 114
    City Building Project: Shipyard
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015 & 1500+ posts

I'm really liking this event. The choice of buying fruit from Raja, or growing seeds from helicopter orders, or a combination of both is nice. Not having to pay 3 then 6 then 10 for each new knife is great. It's the first event in a while where will be almost guaranteed to earn some TC towards a decoration. Fun to play too. A great improvement on the previous event which was very greedy.

I haven’t read through this whole thread, but is anyone else annoyed with the tapping hand that shows up if you don’t immediately start throwing the knives? It really throws off my concentration.

I have one hand covering that tapping hand animation, which Playrix should not have there at all.

Playrix, just have a short tutorial as you do for people who forget how to play or who need a refresher. There is no need to take us out of the Zen of trying to hit those fruits which are hard enough to hit as it is by having a tapping hand in the way. The hand isn’t even useful, because it doesn’t even tell you when you should tap for the best results. So it is just a distraction. And that seems what it was designed to do in the first place. Not actually help the players.

After we win and it shows our score, it says "Bonus x2". Is that going to last the entire tropical blends week?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitaldy01 View Post
    After we win and it shows our score, it says "Bonus x2". Is that going to last the entire tropical blends week?
    Each time we completed 5 smoothies, our score is doubled. That is the score added to the board. When we do not reach the 5th smoothie, we get the basic score only.

As an ex : 4 smoothies may give you 81 points added to the board. If you have 81 points with 5 smoothies, they will be multiplied by 2 and add 162 points to the board. The board score is a total (not a best), so it keep adding up everytime you play.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I'm actually liking this game. I love throwing knives! It's cathartic! They take sharp implements away from me at work, lol, so this is awesome. I'm pretty darn good at it too. I should be able to finish the personal goals. I'm not throwing wads of cash around however just to win the competition.
    Town: Copper Cliff
    Town Level: 110
    Playing on: iOS
    Coop: HMS Black Pearl (closed) (#HMSJFQ)
    ⛵️⚓️

I finished my personal goals last night. Am I the only one that thought the blender deco would be bigger? It's so tiny and rinky dink for and end of goals deco.

I haven't hired Raj (I wait for a 60% off, which I didn't get yet) to buy fruit, so i cant compete with the top of the competition who have 40 thousand points by playing without waiting for fruit to grow. I'm just glad I reached my personal goals.

Really enjoying this event, thanks.

Only frustration is I can't work out how to improve my points. Does anyone have any ideas?

I've tried going fast, being more accurate, hitting more fruits at once, not losing any knives, the points distribution just seems random to me.