Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Tropical Blends Event - helicopter orders

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Are you saying the orders which contain seeds in their payment give lower coin & xp than normal? If that's not the case, I can't see any advantage to avoiding them.
    I see no price difference based on items requested. And no big deal whether you fill seed or seedless orders....seeds aren't stored in barn, only the fruit you grow.
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 170
    Castaway Co op
    Platform: Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    I see no price difference based on items requested. And no big deal whether you fill seed or seedless orders....seeds aren't stored in barn, only the fruit you grow.
    Yeah, my seedy ones don't seem to be offering noticeably lower prices either, though I don't keep track as well as some folks around here do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

A lot of my orders without seeds are for larger coin amounts, quite a few of the ones with seeds have been pretty pitiful. I haven't been playing long enough to know if I'm just having bad luck with them though.

I took DD' post to mean more that it could be a starting step from Playrix to separate Event things from the mechanics of the game for people who don't want to participate. Rather than it being there was a big benefit in it.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    A lot of my orders without seeds are for larger coin amounts, quite a few of the ones with seeds have been pretty pitiful. I haven't been playing long enough to know if I'm just having bad luck with them though.

I took DD' post to mean more that it could be a starting step from Playrix to separate Event things from the mechanics of the game for people who don't want to participate. Rather than it being there was a big benefit in it.
    Somebody with a spreadsheet who tracks such things will know for sure.. where's Charlie/Kitty when you want em?

I'd certainly like to be able to opt out of events if I wanted, so I'm all for it if that's the ultimate intention. Not convinced yet, but I'd like to be
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

I'm a bit suspicious that making seeds harder to come by than normal event items which you get from heli orders, and making the fruit available to buy from the dealer, is a way of tempting us to spend more T-cash (and therefore buy more T-cash) to hire him. But maybe that's just me being cynical
    Last edited by JJay; 05-23-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Somebody with a spreadsheet who tracks such things will know for sure.. where's Charlie/Kitty when you want em?

I'd certainly like to be able to opt out of events if I wanted, so I'm all for it if that's the ultimate intention. Not convinced yet, but I'd like to be
    No doubt I will find out my heli orders are just being mean to me!

Yes it would be great if that's what they are doing .

ETA You could be right JJay, I wasn't aware of the ability to buy from the market till you posted about it. So it seemed like a good reason why they would do it. It's nice to think it's for a positive reason too .
    Last edited by Downton; 05-23-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 140/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips .

Helicopter order coins are affected by any factory coin % upgrades so it's very hard for two people to compare what they get for each order unless their factories are upgraded to the same percentages.

I'm not noticing any real difference between seed and non-seed orders. There is always some variability between similar orders anyway. All I can notice is gross differences and I'm not seeing that yet.

Yep and there we have it,
    I knew my heli orders just don't like me

...I took DD' post to mean more that it could be a starting step from Playrix to separate Event things from the mechanics of the game for people who don't want to participate. Rather than it being there was a big benefit in it.
    Yes, that's what I meant. I don't pay attention to the coins, the less to XP, and not at all in comparison to anything else, in my heli orders, as long as the coin offers are over 1k.

I found that a fascinating interpretation, cos, frankly, I was ..uhm.. a bit disappointed by (in?) some of Playrix' latest development decisions. So, hearing the mentioned interpretation of this change was simply a happy little thing, and I shared that enthusiasm here, when I saw the question.
    As I mentioned later, the next thought is of course, why not simply the whole setting, and I personally am more on the side of this thought:

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I'm a bit suspicious that making seeds harder to come by than normal event items which you get from heli orders, and making the fruit available to buy from the dealer, is a way of tempting us to spend more T-cash (and therefore buy more T-cash) to hire him. But maybe that's just me being cynical
    but maybe there are really some ideas in the opt-out-direction, following some suggestions lately, and this would be a first step of combining both wishes (take part/opt out).
    I could indeed think of a few problems with the complete opt-out-function, f.e. if a player changes her/his mind, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I've also heard that buying from the dealer is much easier, faster etc than growing the seed or fruit or whatever we're doing there. So the jury is still out....
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-23-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

but maybe there are really some ideas in the opt-out-direction, following some suggestions lately, and this would be a first step of combining both wishes (take part/opt out).
    I could indeed think of a few problems with the complete opt-out-function, f.e. if a player changes her/his mind, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I've also heard that buying from the dealer is much easier, faster etc than growing the seed or fruit or whatever we're doing there. So the jury is still out....
    I hope you're right _DD_. I've seen enough players post that opting out is something they'd like so it would be nice if something were being done about it. For me it's not one of my biggest wishes because I'm quite happy to "opt myself out" if I don't want to play. And, like you, I can see problems with an all or nothing opt out system, because I guess there are quite a few people who just want to get a couple of the personal goal prizes or do a regatta task. But you can never please all of the people all of the time can you?

I'm also pretty sure you're right about the dealer - it is easier and quicker to buy the tropical fruit from him than to grow it from seeds. The maximum you can buy is about 33-35, so over a hundred every 3 hours (or more with the dealer booster) and you certainly can't grow that many. So it's great for people who are trying to come top of their group or get on the global leaderboard.

ETA You could be right JJay, I wasn't aware of the ability to buy from the market till you posted about it. So it seemed like a good reason why they would do it. It's nice to think it's for a positive reason too .
    Lol Downton You're obviously a glass half full kind of person whereas I'm definitely glass half empty

A positive note from me though is that I really like this new event (Just a shame the rewards don't give me much incentive to play more )