Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ads are showing "Please rotate your device"

Ads are showing "Please rotate your device"

Rotating doesn't do anything. It looks like something is broken with ads at the moment? Anyone else getting this?

When you try to play an ad and get this, you have to restart the game. Nothing happens. It also counts as one of your ad views and you lose it without getting a reward.

Might be time to quit Township.

Hi HokieFiend my ads are playing fine, I'm not experiencing any problems. Have you reported it to CS from inside your game? It may be specific ads that are the issue,so when filing your report it would be helpful to specify the ads it is happening with.

If you are unsure how to make a report see How to Contact Township Support for instructions. Hope they can resolve your issue quickly for you .
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Quote Originally Posted by HokieFiend View Post
    When you try to play an ad and get this, you have to restart the game. Nothing happens. It also counts as one of your ad views and you lose it without getting a reward.

Might be time to quit Township.
    It might happen in other games, too. I couldn't swear whether I had it happen in TS already, maybe once.
    For me it even says "Please rotate your device BACK to portrait mode" - I never play in portrait mode.
    And now you say it doesn't even work?! lol

Anyway, what I found gets me out there every time, and what you can try before any other consequences is simply hitting the back button on my/your device.
    It returns to the game w/o any ad and problem.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-23-2019 at 06:09 AM.

F54EE275-E3C2-4868-9EAB-2F1BCAA798A7.jpg

I'm still getting this ad the majority of the time. On iOS 12.2

Nothing will cause the ad to play and the arrow at the top left doesn't do anything.

It causes me to have to force close the game and the ad view gets lost with no reward given.
    Last edited by HokieFiend; 05-24-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Attachment 41914

I'm still getting this ad the majority of the time. On iOS 12.2

Nothing will cause the ad to play and the arrow at the top left doesn't do anything.

That's why I said "the button on the device" (not an arrow in the prog), but this is an Android tablet.
    So, you'd best follow Downton's advice in post #3 above and contact Playrix. They'd want to know about not-working ads anyway.
    Attach your screenshot also - but note that it doesn't show here.
    Good luck!

I think you have to be logged in to see the attachment. Your session likely expired.

I think you have to be logged in to see the attachment. Your session likely expired.
    I am and no. AFAIK, you can't even reply then, nor with a page being open for a while w/o reloading it.
    Anyway, just consider the hint for your report to Playrix.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I am and no. AFAIK, you can't even reply then, nor with a page being open for a while w/o reloading it.
    Anyway, just consider the hint for your report to Playrix.
    Same here...logged in...pic not there & link shows as invalid. It just needs to be redone at a later time. Edit the post - delete the entire image section and then insert again.

This is an issue I had a while back...got the same message. Yet I had posted several pics, prior, in different posts on different days.

So I believe it to be one of those fluke system issues...just gotta try again.

As to the OP's original post...sometimes some of those ads do flip...just the way the advertiser set it up...very annoying...especially when it locks up my screen.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 05-23-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Co-op Name/Code: Chocolate Warriors / #CHUD39
    Town Name/Code: Whoville / PC7BJG
    Platform: Chrome OS

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

The image was showing fine for me but only when logged in; otherwise, it showed invalid.

I edited the message, deleted the old image and re-uploaded it in case anyone else is experiencing this. It pretty much kills all your ad views and rewards due to the frequency that this ad shows up.