Thread: Be Forewarned

Be Forewarned

I have played this game for over 2 years now and I have no idea why I continue to play it. It was a lot of fun at first and there were different strategies that I could use to solve the puzzles. But now I am at level 4238 and I am finding that there are no longer any strategies that can be used. Someone else had mentioned that if you have the patience and keep playing you will eventually win. This is the case but not very often. I am finding that even after playing for quite a long time I will eventually need to use my boosters. But when I do I still end up needing just one or two more moves to win--imagine that--so then I have to use my coins. So what is the sense in playing if you can't use your mind to win the the games. If all I need to do is just keep using boosters and throwing coins at it, where's the fun in that. Also I'm at the part where they are starting to plan the wedding. But wait. We need to get the island all fixed up first but you no sooner get that fixed up and you need to get the other Island fixed up and once that island is fixed up you need to get the next Island fixed up. So don't plan on having any wedding soon. It is going to be a long time before Alex and Jason will be getting married.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevans474 View Post
    I have played this game for over 2 years now and I have no idea why I continue to play it. It was a lot of fun at first and there were different strategies that I could use to solve the puzzles. But now I am at level 4238 and I am finding that there are no longer any strategies that can be used. Someone else had mentioned that if you have the patience and keep playing you will eventually win. This is the case but not very often. I am finding that even after playing for quite a long time I will eventually need to use my boosters. But when I do I still end up needing just one or two more moves to win--imagine that--so then I have to use my coins. So what is the sense in playing if you can't use your mind to win the the games. If all I need to do is just keep using boosters and throwing coins at it, where's the fun in that. Also I'm at the part where they are starting to plan the wedding. But wait. We need to get the island all fixed up first but you no sooner get that fixed up and you need to get the other Island fixed up and once that island is fixed up you need to get the next Island fixed up. So don't plan on having any wedding soon. It is going to be a long time before Alex and Jason will be getting married.
    Thanks for writing this. It has confirmed every thought I had about the game. I started playing in Dec 2018 and I’m on level 2640. Not much skill now but a lot of luck and waiting til it lets you win. It’s totally rigged that way.

Honestly, I don’t know why I keep playing.
    I like this game but ITS RIGGED and I HATE THE GAS CYLINDERS.

I'm on level 4229. The game is causing me to lose one move away from winning A LOT. I thought it was just my own paranoia until Treasure Hound and Magic Hat started disappearing mid-event. Playrix has shown zero customer appreciation. It's like they are TRYING to get me to stop playing?! They don't give customer incentive for being a:
    Long-time Gardenscapes player,
    High level achiever,
    Frequent player, or
    Big $Real$ money spender.
    Any other type of sales business would want to keep a buying customer like me coming back. Instead, the game play continues to WORSEN. It makes me wish I'd quit a long time ago.

Jason.. If you have not yet realised it's time you did.
    Its a great game.
    Its goal is to entertain in the process of inticing the end user to purchase powerups.
    Nothing is completely free.
    Thier other option would be to flood us with external advertisements and click baits etc.
    So if your like me who does not desire to spend money..
    Then Enjoy the challenge of struggling through the game as part of the style of play you have chosen by Not purchasing power ups .
    And Enjoy.

I disagree. This game is no longer fun. I’m on level 3059 now and the game has become more frustrating and makes me angry. The game is so rigged that now winning a level is by luck, not skill or challenging.

I am in the mid 4000’s levels, and have pretty much decided to call it quits. Why do I frustrate myself like this? And now that I get nauseated with the new shaking screens, it definitely makes my decision easier. I had saved about 1300 stars, used them to see what the garden would look like, and believe me, it’s not a pretty picture. Guess I’m outta here.

The game is pure luck, and every other challenge is a so-called hard level, but the other levels are also impossible without boosters. I needed something to help me decide whether I delete or not, so the shaking did it.

Libertybelle, I'm in the same position as you. I'm at level 4531, and I'm right at the point that Alex and Jason are to be married. Unfortunately, Playrix has made it that I don't have the stars to finish that area............mainly due to simply not enough stars. When they release new levels each week and with only 35 levels, well that's not enough as it generally takes 100+ stars to complete any one area. I thought with the latest updates they were to give you 2 stars for hard levels (more frequent now as you said) but no, it's the same single stars as before.

I can also see that there are yet more areas that have yet to be opened. With the rate that you can earn stars and with the all the areas I see that need to be opened, this game can carry on for a looooong time. My curiousity is up though.....I want to see what becomes of the wedding, but after that, I'll have to decide if it's worth continuing on.

It is a fun game I have to admit, but it sure can be woefully frustrating at times!

MrO.... yes, I was certainly hoping I could get through the wedding, but nooooooo.... Very. Frustrating. For. Sure.

Is Playrix listening?? or do they even care?

I wouldn't mind spending money here and there to buy a few extra moves to complete levels I've been one move away from winning, but that doesn't happen as often as you think. I've missed out on completing events simply because I'm a high level player. This game is a glorified slot machine; you're a slave to the algorithm. The more money you pay to play, the better your chances are of winning. I just wish there was a bigger incentive to actually spend money. (I.e. more stars with harder levels--like it used to be). I think the developers do this on purpose. The closer you are to finishing up the levels they already have released, the longer you are stuck on one particular level. I'm at level 3979. You get bored with losing after awhile.