Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building frustration

Building frustration

I am finding it increasingly more and more frustrating to expand or build anything. It seems as if the only way to do that is to spend township cash and that too a fair amount. For the first time after nearly 350+ days of regular playing I feel like deleting the game. If you exchange building material in the tool exchange you run short for zoo buildings and if you dont then you run short of tools in the main game.
    Having said that I have spent a fair amount of dollars buying township cash because I think it is only fair to give some money back to the game that has brought so much pleasure.

I feel your pain. Building my zoo enclosures takes forever. I'm probably going to have to postpone building the new CB until I'm done with my zoo, otherwise there won't be enough materials for anything. This process does get tedious at higher levels. I'll be in real trouble if they intend to add a new CB every single month from now on.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    City Building Project: Computer Store
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015

We have always had to decide whether to build in the town, or the zoo, however the tool exchange and the build up of animal cards seems to have brought this more into focus that usual.

Building in the zoo now, no longer has the impetus it once did. The enclosures are purely decorative, so you may well find it easier to concentrate on the town first, then save up for enclosures later.

For building requirements, you can check the wiki, this may help with your planning.

Good luck!
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

I am also feeling frustrated over inability to clear land so I can build because I am not getting the needed tools from the trains. Materials for buildings is plentiful but tools for clearing land rarely comes and I end up having to purchase tools with Tcash. I have played several hours a day, sending and receiving up to 12 trains and gotten maybe 2 tools for land expansion so it takes a week or more to get the tools needed without Tcash. It has reached the point where the game is become less enjoyable and I am about ready to stop playing.

well, you need to decide if you're doing zoo or town. In my perspective, zoo is just a decoration and I completely stopped doing it. Investing in zoo doesn't give ANY profit. What is even worse for the zoo, is that it requests large number of goods. It's not like a train that often takes 1-2 of goods, zoo requires 6-9 etc. I even stopped looking to zoo help requests, as I usually can't help with them.
    I personally focus on town, I don't even remember when was the last time I even visited my zoo. Maybe someday.
    Co-op: GRENN9
    Level: 70

I gave up on the zoo. I'll have all the animals long before I have the enclosures built.

My goal is upgrading barn & land space in my town. Additional upgrades: trains & islands

I haven't purchased any more community buildings since the skyscraper...it is still sitting waiting for tools. I just sell the tools for now to keep them out of my barn (until I'm ready).
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I know you have to decide what you want to build or do first but since the zoo upgrade we get so many animal cards and hardly any building or land expansion items as rewards for games and regatta and even for the plane. To build even a zoo enclosure for me I get like 90% slabs and not many of glass or brick. I'm constantly selling off slabs to make room for when I do get glass or brick. It takes me over a month to get enough to build a zoo enclosure. Forget about expanding in the town, it takes me up to six months to get enough materials to do one expansion in the town and because of that I do less expansion in the zoo. Because of this it seems I'm not progressing at all and finding I'm spending more and more time on other games since I'm enjoying this game less and less. Pleas change it up to where we get more building items and less zoo animals.

I’d argue to not decrease zoo cards; those are one of the only things I play for anymore, besides good new deco rewards. But in regattas, I’m at the point where I only buy the zoo decks (not a fan of constantly recycling the old decos). And events, when they give zoo decks as rewards, are as motivating as actual deco, again, speaking only for me.

Stopping or decreasing zoo cards in favor of something else will cause others to be unhappy. No different than with stopping it changing anything else. Contrary to the general vibe on this forum, there are those who enjoy the zoo as it has recently been redesigned and who are enjoying playing through it.

For me, it’s most of the boosters they give as rewards that are useless... point is merely that everyone has personal likes and dislikes in terms of rewards that align to personal game strategy. There is no one correct way to play.

The way I see it is I will have the animal cards for various animals ready to go when I’m at the point of holding back my enclosure building. I’m only at 68 of the total animals needed, I realize I have such a long way to go, however...

... just throwing in the fact that many do play for zoo cards and taking those away for something else will not necessarily “solve” anything, example being how they took the second zoo deck away from the regatta reward lineup; for me, that was very unfortunate and really makes regatta competing more tiresome as I’ve nothing to use my tokens on...

It frankly gets a little tiresome constantly reading how annoying zoo cards are, along with some other constantly repeating complaints that cause unnecessary tweaks that, again, in many cases don’t “solve” anything.

The game gives a combination of everything. Not everything will be useful to all players; players must be accepting of that and tolerant of all strategies out there for playing. Thus, that means understanding not everything is going to be “teriffic” “all the time” and just play through it.

Eagle One, as you say yourself everyone has different personal likes and dislikes regarding which rewards they want. The problem a lot of us are finding is it is way too easy to get zoo animals compared to the ease of getting building materials for the enclosures to house these same animals.

For me the only way I get building materials is trains and the occasional plane reward. I get zoo cards constantly, zoo orders, planes, HoL, random chests, events, regatta rewards, yacht club...I have 35 homeless animals, 12 enclosures waiting to be built. I have finished community buildings for the moment, so all my building materials are going on the zoo, but it is still incredibly slow and frustrating.

This current event just sums it up, the balance between rewards is off, way too many zoo cards compared to other rewards like building materials, decorations, expansion materials, barn upgrade materials, gems, ingots, boosters, T cash...you are lucky if all you want is zoo cards, because to me that is all we seem to get right now.

I don't think anyone is saying stop zoo cards as rewards, just put in some sort of balance between zoo cards and other items. Make it fairer for everybody, those who love zoo cards and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle.One View Post
    Stopping or decreasing zoo cards in favor of something else will cause others to be unhappy. No different than with stopping it changing anything else. Contrary to the general vibe on this forum, there are those who enjoy the zoo as it has recently been redesigned and who are enjoying playing through it...

...The game gives a combination of everything. Not everything will be useful to all players; players must be accepting of that and tolerant of all strategies out there for playing. Thus, that means understanding not everything is going to be “teriffic” “all the time” and just play through it.
    Problem with this, you are saying all the right things, but they make no sense while rewards are so unbalanced towards zoo cards, luckily for you, the one thing you want.

What about the rest of us? I have nothing against earning some zoo cards, but in the regatta this week, my first place bonus included a set of zoo cards, my 9 chests included 3 sets of zoo cards....not one building material to help with the enclosures for my current 42 homeless animals.

The current event, 2 sets of zoo cards in individual prizes and top 4 prize tiers in the competition give zoo cards. Great for those who want zoo cards, this to me isn't "the game giving a combination of everything" this is a blatant bias in favour of zoo cards.

I think this is where the frustration is coming in, as Ash said zoo animals are way too easy to get in comparison to the materials to build the enclosures, especially as those materials are also needed for community buildings.