Thread: Forum function

Forum function

I can't understand on these boards why the developers of the game do not answer questions instead of players guessing the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphabeta View Post
    I can't understand on these boards why the developers of the game do not answer questions instead of players guessing the answer.
    The many helpful players who answer questions here, and especially the mods who manage to maintain order so that we can go to a specific thread to find information rather than have to read every post ever written, do not guess at answers. You will frequently see people referred to support when help cannot be provided here. All do so on a voluntary basis. I, and I assume most visitors and members, are thankful for it. If you would prefer the mods to be paid, salary, healthcare, pension, sick pay, holiday pay, employment taxes etc, would you also be willing to contribute to the cost via a marked increase in the cost of TC?
    The expression may be 'pay peanuts, get monkeys' but in this case, pay nothing, get a dedicated knowledgeable team, who will shortly move your question to the appropriate thread
    Last edited by JayS; 05-21-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Hi Alphabeta. I saw this post when it was in the thread about how many 135pt tasks we can get on the board. There is only one member of Playrix staff who ever posts on here, and she very, very rarely answers any individual questions. I suppose in fairness she can't reply to every single post, but I have no idea why Playrix don't communicate with their customers more - it's often wished that they would, but to no avail. So we're left to make do with sharing our own personal experiences of the game, which obviously isn't ideal, but there are people on here who have a lot of knowledge. If you you have any specific questions it's best to ask Playrix directly from inside your game. Possibly they'll give you an answer from there.

Because 95% of the questions are very basic, are asked by new players/forum members, have been asked dozens of times, and answered over and over? I am appreciative that moderators and experienced players bother to respond to people who don’t think to use the search feature (which I grant you is not very easy or reliable if your query is a common phrase or other weird parameters).

And the 5% of questions that are novel, unique, and warrant exploring are often about game play that is intentionally opaque to us players because it’s part of the game’s stickiness, to keep us coming back.

This is only my experience on the forum for many years. Take it or leave it.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

To be fair, moderating forums is not part of a game developer's job description. If you mean Playrix staff in general, the moderators can contact certain staff members, and they do occasionally post on the forum itself. This setup is standard game forum procedure.

Also, most of the answers given on the forum aren't just players guessing. Answers given here come from experience and other reliable sources such as the game wiki, Playrix's social media, and official advertisements and announcements.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

Hey, guys!

Thanks for bringing this up. We’ve updated our Forum rules section and also added a new thread to explain the purpose of the venue and the roles of Admins and Moderators of the Playrix Community Forums. We hope this clears the air.

Regards,
    Anna