Thread: Regatta restriction

Regatta restriction

One of my co-op members got restricted by another member who left and she can't get unrestricted tried the usual way need advice
    Last edited by Bessville; 05-21-2019 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Clarified title

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Thomson View Post
    One of my co-op members got restricted by another member who left and she can't get unrestricted tried the usual way need advice
    Hi Rachael, when a player is restricted they have to change their setting back to racing themselves. Unfortunately this change won't take effect until next week's race, there is nothing you or anyone can do to unrestrict a restricted player from the current race this week.

ETA This is one of the pitfalls of the restrict function, it simply can't be reversed for the whole week once it has been implemented.
    Last edited by Downton; 05-21-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 137/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

They tried doing it before the reggatta started today

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Thomson View Post
    They tried doing it before the reggatta started today
    As far as I am aware even if the restriction was made before this race started, but after the last race ended it still applies that they cant race until the next race as in next week.

ETA I would appreciate if any of our knowledgeable folk could confirm this for me. Thanks .
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 137/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    As far as I am aware even if the restriction was made before this race started, but after the last race ended it still applies that they cant race until the next race as in next week.

ETA I would appreciate if any of our knowledgeable folk could confirm this for me. Thanks .
    I don't think I'm knowledgeable, but I do think you're right I believe that if a player is restricted on Monday after a regatta ends, the only way they can take part in the one that starts the day after is by leaving the co-op and re-joining. If they do that before the regatta begins they will automatically be set back to racing. If they just change their status in settings they will have to wait till the next week.

I wonder if restrictions from regatta can be bypassed by leaving the coop and then someone adding her in again? Would it reset?

It's a long shot, but maybe she can try that?

Though if she's restricted from this race, she won't be able to join it anyway since it started already.
    Town Name: Lazyville
    Co-op: The Golden Yacht Club
    Level: 74, iPad (iOS)

Gardenscapes Level: 878

Thank you both for the reply JJay and Lazyville. Interesting possible workaround .

It's a tough subject as most of hopefully don't have a lot of personal experience with the restriction function.

ETA I would certainly put you both in the knowledgeable bracket .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

FYI, that's correct. According to resident expert Pink, here, the only way to avoid a Monday restriction affecting the week ahead is to leave the coop and then be invited back again.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    FYI, that's correct. According to resident expert Pink, here, the only way to avoid a Monday restriction affecting the week ahead is to leave the coop and then be invited back again.
    Thank you Bess! I am sure that thread must be where I had the info lodged in my head from .

JJay and Lazyville, good call on the re-joining solution .