Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing placement question

Racing placement question

We are a team of 5 racing in golden league, we all do only 135 point tasks. This morning, we had one player finish a task, the only task completed this far, and we were in 4th place, now other teams have also completed 1 task and it has dropped us to 10t place. We do dump lower scoring tasks, is this what is dropping us in placement, or is it something else we are unaware of. Thanks for any info!

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky Bottom View Post
    We are a team of 5 racing in golden league, we all do only 135 point tasks. This morning, we had one player finish a task, the only task completed this far, and we were in 4th place, now other teams have also completed 1 task and it has dropped us to 10t place. We do dump lower scoring tasks, is this what is dropping us in placement, or is it something else we are unaware of. Thanks for any info!
    As the first 9 teams have also only completed 1 task, it would appear that they completed that task faster. When all teams only take 135 tasks, the only thing that can determine placement is the time it takes to finish those tasks.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 - Fed up with the Regatta 'rewards'!!

Level 153 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 135 - Android 4CP9XT

Yes, I understand that, but our task was already finished as well, as we were in 4th upon completion, just wondering if there is something else contributing to placement.

Yes, I understand that, but our task was already finished as well, as we were in 4th upon completion, just wondering if there is something else contributing to placement.
    No there is nothing else that contributes to your placement in the race, dumping only effects the GLB scores and ranking.

Although it may have appeared to you that your team finished the task before these other teams, it is quite common for there to be a delay with the servers updating and syncing info. So it can be a bit confusing, as it can look like you are ahead of other teams only to find they have overtaken you when the info does get updated.

I hope that helps and makes sense .

Thanks Downton, I do get a better sense of it now!

We are a team of 5 racing in wooden league since this is our first regatta for our new coop. We have completed tasks ourselves and those scores are showing. However, all day all the other teams in our regatta are showing 0 scores and 0 helps in all their coops. Seems quite odd. Could this be a glitch and should we contact support?

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Township View Post
    We are a team of 5 racing in wooden league since this is our first regatta for our new coop. We have completed tasks ourselves and those scores are showing. However, all day all the other teams in our regatta are showing 0 scores and 0 helps in all their coops. Seems quite odd. Could this be a glitch and should we contact support?
    Hi Lori,
    You could if you are really worried about it, it wouldn't do any harm. I don't necessarily think it is a glitch. With it being Wooden League it is not uncommon for there to be relatively inactive Co-ops that just haven't bothered opting out of racing .

ETA Apparently you have to pick a task to be entered into the race, I have seen discussions before about Wooden League co-ops who's score stay at zero, it boggles the mind but does happen.
    Last edited by Downton; 05-21-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Co-op name: War of the Roses / Co-op code:#WRY74Y / Platform: Kindle.
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Thanks Downton, I do get a better sense of it now!
    You're welcome Whisky .
    Town name: Downton / Town Level: 135/ Friend Code: Y7UZA5 Full but happy to keep you on pending list
    New to the game? Check out the New to Township section right here on the forum for useful info & tips, & Township Wiki for even more info .

Thanks Downton. Will just chalk it up to that then

Quote Originally Posted by Lori Township View Post
    Thanks Downton. Will just chalk it up to that then
    You're welcome Lori, but as I said if you do get really worried about the lack of activity (esp as the week goes on) it certainly cant hurt to put a report in with CS. I just know Wooden League can be very different beast to the higher leagues .